2018-04-20 12:51:58

hi Aprone
you plan add new maps?
thanks

2018-04-20 13:44:42

i'll keep my eyes open for the card game. aprone how do you feel about bringing back swamp tide? it doesn't have to be a separate game, you could just add it in as another game mode in the main version of swamp. to my knowledge a lot of players did enjoy that mode including myself. so glad to have you back man

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-04-20 13:55:11 (edited by cj89 2018-04-20 13:55:59)

Neat. Not sure how much of this will fix itself if more people play and do the missions, but I noticed mission rewards were really on the low end of the scale when I played about 6 months ago. It seems like doing anything other than a 200 crate deathbringer didn't really give you much reward. Actually, I might even start a fresh character to see how doable it is to self level. I found that I couldn't really get much at all out of missions, and the only way it was worth doing is if I got a super high level to come and let me sit on a 200 crate deathbringer, but then I'd get like 50 levels at once so it also felt kind of like abusing the system. lol

2018-04-20 14:12:25

I'd also love love love to see a reincarnation of Swamp tide as like a separate mission type or something, if that's even possible. I think that was something that was loved by a ton of people, including myself. Even if you just made it it's own thing again like it was last time.

2018-04-20 14:50:09

In all honesty, I probably won't go back to this, I'm sort of burned out completely on the whole zombie thing, but glad to see updates again for those who enjoy it.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-04-20 15:12:31 (edited by blindndangerous 2018-04-20 15:36:00)

So I saw the post from twitter, and I know I'm happy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to make me a quick keymap adjustment and I know what I'll be playing later!  Also, I too can't wait for the card game!
Has anyone encountered this? The game loads fine, but I don't see how to enter my gamer account name. Pressing enter on multiplayer says your account name is . Please enter your password to continue.

2018-04-20 15:53:47

Swamp is, baaaaaaaack?
neutral yikes :-D big_smile big_smile big_smile

2018-04-20 16:24:29

aprone I think you should make a topic in the general games room announcing swamp's return and how to buy an account, the free month etc, it has more wait coming from you that's why I haven't done it my self, I think it falls well within the general games room post requirements.

2018-04-20 18:16:52

The word will get around.  update is nice!!!  I do notice that sworms are faster once they gather.

2018-04-20 18:21:11

@blindndangerous, I think we are seeing a bit of screen reader lag here, but if you go where you change the voice then arrow up you will see where to add your gamer username

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2018-04-20 19:53:00

well, I've made a misstake big_smile
I downloaded the patch just to see the behemot in action, and just to have there my information, typed my gamer acount.
Then for some reason That I don't know yet, I choose multy player game spectin to get the message that my acount has run out of time. but... It conected. I sayd, what? and then choose one of my characters and then I've seen the message of the server.
Aprone, is there any chance of get my month back? I want to use it at may, but when I did this I didn't know about the free month.
Of corse I wont use it the rest of this month if you can give me back the month, but if you can't well, I'll play hapily this 10 days!
Greetings. I'm really glad to see you back at this aprone

2018-04-20 19:57:49

Firence, go ahead and enjoy the next 10 free days.  You're not the first person who accidentally activated their free month, and who would have rather waited until the first of next month.  I'm pretty certain I'm going to go in and have it extend the free month to cover May even if people started using it now.  It will be easier for me to do that than to try reversing the months each time someone runs into this problem, Haha!  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-04-20 21:56:59

Random question: do zombies or allies use the building helper at all? It seems like it would help AI navigate, but not sure if that was ever done.
If so, would errors on the map result in undesired behavior? I ask because, for some reason, I was having a hard time getting the map editor to add this part correctly, so I've been splicing rectangular sections instead, which means that the numbers on the map can jump unexpectedly when, say, going from one room to the next. So if the zombies are now vampires who can't pass through certain doorways, I should probably fix my maps. smile

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-04-20 22:28:12

Hello.
Thanks Aprone for the update.
As i remember, the save feature in custome campaigns was buggy, I mean when you load a campaign from your saved file, all of the items that were supposed to spawn in the maps disappeared.
can you fix this in the next update please?

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2018-04-20 23:16:33

are their other voices for swamp?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-04-20 23:41:28

I tried to log in to swamp but i can't remember my username for it. I managed to reset the password.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-04-21 00:26:44

Thanks Aprone for the feedback. It's a bummer that I'm not able to get Swamp to run on my machine for some reason, but I'm glad that you are continuing to work on such a great game. Your work is very much appreciated, and i hope the message spreads about this opportunity for players. As you said, Swamp is a lot more fun when the server is crowded. smile

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2018-04-21 00:32:50

CAE, as far as I remember the zombies don't use the building helper data.

Adel, I'll write that down to take a look at it.

Thanks gamedude.

Flame, if you email or skype me the email address you used on your account, I'll look it up and tell you the username.
I think some people created unofficial voice packs for the game, but I'm not sure where they would be hosted.  If I remember correctly, they were mainly to add in a lot of voices featuring other languages besides English.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-21 00:33:39

Ok, than that is a bug. Here's how to replicate it.
Launch swamp. When the menu loads, go down the menu until you hear the voice selection pick. If you now go up, you will see enter your gamer account ID. However, if you go down, you won't see the option at all. You have to go to voice select, then go up. I also don't see why this isn't in the multiplayer menu. If some one clicks multiplayer, and hasn't set their ID, it should ask for it, not just say your username is .

2018-04-21 00:38:48

You are correct, it sounds like a bug.  I did some messing with the main menu recently, and I may have messed something up.  I'll take a look.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-21 09:47:45

A bit late, but probably its time for me to buy a mouse.

2018-04-21 10:28:56

Hi.
Wow... This is the best news I have heard for very long time. I'm so glad that the motivation for working on Swamp again is back. I would also love to see Swamp Tide back. That is the most awesome and fun short fast paste online game I ever have played. I'll help spreading the word for sure...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-04-21 14:15:11

Thanks for the update aprone, and I can 't wait to see what you end up adding in the next bigger update, I'm looking forward to being able to fight the behemoth in multiplayer mode, could be a good laugh trying to tkae it down as a team.

2018-04-22 00:21:50

Not sure if anyone knows why or how to replicate this, but I know I was nowhere near zombies when I alt+tabed out of the swamp window for a second. When I alt+tabed in, I was dead. Unless a huge crowd of zombies that were invisible, this just made me lose everything I had. This really sucks and I was going to give things to a lower level player. Can this be looked at please?

2018-04-22 03:23:23 (edited by SirBadger 2018-04-22 03:29:56)

if you were in the wrong armor or had your skill points set wrong 1 or 2 hits can kill you depending on what level you are so tabbing out of the window for a few seconds, you can't hear anything going on, crunch. it happens.

back when I used to play the amount of times I'd take a hit and realise I was at 40% health and then panic and run back to the sz because I'd not put on armor or had set points for high armor and was using low etc.

there was a bug that sometimes took off your armor when you logged in and unloaded your weapons. I don't know if that still happens but it's possible that was your downfall as well. my advice: always check your armor when you log in before you leeve the sz.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.