2018-04-18 17:24:34

I know that we have star conquest and Miriani that has been around for a while. Of those two, I know that star conquest is RP enforced. I also found that star conquest used a beacon system and can be counted on a pretty well balance when it comes to ships in the like between the different alliances. Each alliance have their own ship. I know that Miriani has the Jump gate network and stuff has gone around about how there is some bullying and or other stuff like that going on. I do not know if that has gotten cleaned up. These two different muds seem to be the main ones that other space muds have branched off of. Yes, I know that we have a few star wars muds too. Anyway, we have Prometheus that has the sector numbers like in Miriani, but has a hyperspace beacon system that sort of reminds me of star conquest. The new thing that this one brought was ship building and some activities that we never seen quite like that before. Then we got Cosmic Rage That basically took Prometheus even farther. It basically through into the mix crafting. When I say Crafting, I mean crafting of just about anything you can think of, from small objects such as tables and chairs to things as big as crafting your own ship. Yes, this goes as far as building the factory that you will need before you build that ship. Of course, it replaces the hyperspace system in Prometheus with a rifting system that sort of reminds me of the latest beacon system in star conquest if it was not for the fact that the sectors are still numbered, and that all player ran factory’s and the like can be hooked in to the same system. What am I missing? I am also wondering why no one has come up with a version of a space mud that has the Miriani jump gate system that would allow the player base to attach sector to it that has planet and stuff that they control to the network. Is there trends that I am missing here? I know that we had people ask what was the best space mud out there, or what ones people like, but where are we going with them.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-04-19 15:17:27

also teenmoo is creating,the update log soon,the problem is i don't have a server.

2018-04-19 16:16:38

I can't think of any good things about Miriani, Prometheus used to be OK, but went way down hill. SC was good, I don't play it anymore however.

They all sort of branch off the same tree, have too much in common for my taste.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-19 16:43:51

Its an interesting discussion.. While all the games have small differences, I think star conquest is one of the ones that really tries to do things different. Everything from their well-designed ground combat system (with armored suits) to their intuitive combat system is very unic imo.. Alsso, their rp policy is a good thing in my book..
One thing I would like to see is a game where players have to design their own planet.. Not just a regular space moo but somewhere where you start in a barren planet with a few resources and you have to build your civilization up. Eventually players would be able to go to space with ships.. Wayfar, an older game, was a bit similar to my idea.. There, players had a colony and had to extract resources from the planet to build and improve their colonies.

2018-04-19 18:05:40

i very much miss wayfar1444 it is by far the best of them. it was unique. none of this lets get married crap or lets have babies crap either. if I'm a pilet or managing a colony the last thing i want to do is any of that crap.

2018-04-19 18:35:44

yeah, I have no idea why most of these games need stuff like that to be in it. Sure, the idea is nice and all, but babies in most of those games are basically glorified pets, and don't benifit you in any way. Sc at least tries to explain why babies and marage aren't a thing in the game.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-04-19 19:23:35

I disagree.. I believe having code for babies and for marriage can be a good thing, especially if you are into roleplay.

2018-04-19 20:32:54

fuck babies, I can't remember which one, but one of those MUDs had a helpfile about babies, it was a one word file, "Never!"

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-19 21:18:19 (edited by cw 2018-04-19 21:18:57)

Are you talking about this help file? It is not one word. To me, it does seem like each brantch off the tree show why something is good or bad. Yes, I do agree that Star conquest does have those things well thought out when it comes to their systems. Yes, it is true that I sort of lost intrest in it, but I can not help but to notice the details they put into it. I am just not great at RP myself. I should had tried wayfar, but it is sort of to late. I guess I am starving for something unusual and bug free for the most part. Just have not found it just yet. It was this thought that brought to mind of the topic in case anyone was wondering seeing that most if not all of the space muds we play are based off of what came before. Hope I am making sense.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-04-19 22:36:19

Ah yeah, that... lol. And I most whole heartedly agree with that sentiment. Who in the right bloody mind if they're trying to portray a character in a game would take their damn child into the middle of a combat zone, its so fucking stupid.

I would do babies, but I would do them in a way that's realistic as I could make it. If you would want to have a baby, it would be more than just a glorified pet. If you took it on missions and stuff, you would have the baby taken out of your care, if you left it home by itself, same. You would have to pay day care or long term care costs for extended stays away from your child. The child would need fed, and the feedings wouldn't stop just because you were logged out, though I'd slow it down, but let's say you weren't logged in in a week, you'd come back to find your baby mal-nourished. SO, I don't think many people would like my interpretation on babies, but I don't like theirs either because it makes no sense.

End racism
End division
Become united