2018-04-17 10:53:20

Hi all, I have got an windows server yesterday, and Installed nvda with remote addon.
I set all things properly for connection, and tried to connect my vps via NVDA remote from my pc.
I heard the connection success sound, however, when I try to control the server, NVDA does not speak.
my mute remote option is unselected, and I realy do not know what to do.
any ideas?

2018-04-17 11:03:34

Make sure that on the server, the radio button is set to "Allow this machine to be controlled".

2018-04-17 11:48:10

Hello, It is already selected. I am Installed nvda 2017.3 to server, I will try NVDA 2018.1 now. but I think that won't fix the problem.

2018-04-17 19:04:50

Hi,
If the server is running the NVDA Remote Server, you can't control it. The server acts as a conduit between your computer and another computer; it is not controllable. On the other hand, if your using a server like nvdaremote.com, controlling is perfectly fine; nvdaremote.com acts as the gateway between both computers.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-04-17 19:21:26

Hello,
First, Thanks for the Information.
I have selected client and connected with nvdaremote.com already.

2018-04-17 19:24:37

Right, this is correct, the server is just that, a server, it is a central hub that facilitates a connection between two computers that use the same key, and of one of the pair has it set to control, and the other has it set to be controlled. As far as I know, the addon doesn't do direct connection, however, I haven't used it in nearly a year, so it is possible, though doing this could pose a security risk.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-18 03:30:44 (edited by Lucas1 2018-04-18 03:32:05)

Hi,
@ethin, That's actually incorrect. If you're running the NVDA remote server from a computer by selecting server in the connect dialog, you can set it to control or be controled. I do this almost every single day.
Edit: A better way to put this would be, your computer can be a client and a master, a client and a slave, a server and a master, or a server and a slave.