2017-10-07 21:02:05

Hi all,
heh, don't worry about keyboard input, I am depending on it too, because on my work table is no space for mouse, only in case I am lefthander, what I really am not. smile

So there will be choice to choose between keyboard and mouse, I hope I will find a time to transfer second laptop under main desk of my table, so I can play bc with mouse too. Now, there are much harder decisions like should animals move often to better recognition of them also for cost, that it looks really stupid? big_smile

Anyway I have all done about animals from start of September, so now there are remaining just three things to make. Active mobs like zombies, skeletons, etc. rivers, what I haven't idea how to do them yet and NAT, my developed technyque to make better orientation in 3D space for blinds. Last thing I have already in building phase. I was able to see tree with it to distance about 20 blocks, and not only one, but layer of trees around me, hovever I did remake and now it doesn't work, so I am on the beginning lol.

After these will be done, first beta can be released. There isn't multiplayer and plan to do it yet, hovever I hope it will take few hours to do it, so I am focusing primary on game system, before release I will decide if include it in beta or not.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-10-07 21:19:50

Cool, noW people could relax about the keyboard, and mouse thing. smile  sounds good. Looks like you're approaching it in a good way. Look forward to trying it out.   And I apologize, but I'm not understanding what exactly you mean by the animal thing.   Especially the last part about it looking stupid.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2017-10-07 21:54:01

Hi,
I will try to explayn it on a real life situation, imagine, that a cow is eating grass on the meadow. How often is this cow moving? Well, I lost my sight at 11, so I really aren't remembering thatlike detayls much, but what I remember, cows aren't very moveliking animals. They are just standing on a place, chewing grass, what is a long process. During this they haven't reason to move, like we aren't walking in our flats with plate of soup. That is how I am remembering it.
So, from this, cows should to stand on theyr place in a most time. Hovever, this is a problem. When you want to catch a cow and don't to die due to hunger, you need to kill one. For that, you first need to know where the cow is. Because you don't see it, you must hear it somehow. Cows are of course making "Muu" from time to time, but that is not enough to localise them and shoot down with bow for example. For this is better to choose sounds of theyr steps to navigation, like in Swamp are zombies constantly moving, what makes you able to end theyr life, or notlife, I don't know how to call life of undeadhs.
But that is problem here. Because cows are not moveliking animals, they aren't making much steps, so you take a long time to localise them correctly. For that reason I made them to move constantly, or better sayd to move from time to time, where time period is not very long, even taking in fact, that it is random. But that looks strange to me, a cows walking between trees, hmm.

That is a polemic of this question.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-10-07 23:43:03

The cows could make grass sounds the sounds of pulling up grass, eating, maybe a cow bell sound.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-10-08 06:54:22

I don't think it would be too unnatural looking from my own perspective. Cows will move around from time to time, finding different grass to chew on, different places to lay, etc. So as long as it's not just moving nonstop, i think it would be okay. As said above, a sort of chewing or bell-ringing sound would also be really easy to identify.

All of the hard work is greatly appreciated, this is something I am really excited about.

2017-10-09 14:18:29

wow, that sounds just amazing. Will the world and building possibilities as flexible as in the original minecraft as well, so that we can build even weapons like guns, pistols and machines later on in the game?

2018-04-11 06:19:50

I wonder what happen to this project

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2018-04-11 17:57:23

Yeah, even though we haven’t gotten any updates. I hope it’s still being worked on.

"One Love"

2018-04-16 20:25:26

hi guys,
I must say it is glad to  hear there is still an interest in Blindcraft. smile
If you are asking about a state of this project, well, it is bit complicated. About a month ago, I finished successfully an algorithm, which tracks in realtime user movement, and reloads map chunks dynamically, saving not neededones, loading requiredones, which are already generated and generating newones if needed.
That means, there is now a map limited only by size of your harddrive, managed in runtime, like in original Minecraft. That is a great feature, there is always something new to explore, what you didn't saw before, but brings also responsibility to programmer, especially when dealing with multiplayer, which I want to implement.
When a client connects to the server, server must to send him a copy of current map in compressed format, like every Bc copy manages it. Then the client decompresses and load just required part of the map along with changes made by other players on them. It is required, server isn't able to store full map in decompressed format, it would be too big.
However, when server haven't info about the terrain, how can it manage all mobs, so they move the same way for each player?
Answer is, that it can't. As I mentioned above, it is unreal to keep decompressed parts of map for server. I have thought out another system.
Instead of server being the main computational part in the mp game, all computers together must to act as one supercomputer. Every client will compute mobs in its nearest region and share the location with server. If ranges of two clients get in touch, server will make one from them manager of the shared area, because it have required chunks of map in decompressed form, so it is ready to take this task.
Yeah, it sounds easy, but when we take in behaviour of computers in network, theyr abilities to connect and disconnect in the worst time and possible issues with internet on the side of client, there is really much work to do.
So if I make it, the nearest possible date is during summer holidays. I am not promising anything, I have already planned project much bigger than Bc on them, which has nothing to do with audiogames, so I won't be bored, but I will look, what can I do.
big_smile

Best regards

Rastislav

2018-04-16 21:29:44

damn i can't wait for this to come out, if it does, are you possibly looking for beta testers?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-04-16 21:34:53

thanks for the update

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2018-04-16 23:43:35

Sounds like a good update. Just wondering will people be able to host there own servers or will it be a central server?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-04-17 01:08:42

Cool, thanks for the update. I say take your time with it you seem to be considering all the right things.  Good luck with it.

"One Love"

2018-05-02 00:12:08

Hi!
How is It with Blindcraft?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-07-20 22:45:13

How Blindcraft game development progresses and when you are about to releas?