2018-04-16 20:09:54 (edited by Taleria 2018-04-16 20:37:51)

Tristan04 wrote:

Yeah, that second stadium fight really Depends on Your team. I've always found the first stadium to be one of the hardest. Maybe because Aquaffe is my favorite starter? smile

My strategy for the second stadium is to bring With me a Level 25-26 Fyrate, and just destroy everything With Power kick. It's over in less than 30 Seconds. Hahaha.

The Pocket copter can't be bought anywhere.
He says he'll come and find you when he wants it back, but he never does. You get to keep it forever. Maybe he just forgot about it, I dunno.

About the hidden items, Jayde has written a guide which tells you where most of the hidden items are. It's really useful.

You'll unlocke Arcade games as you Complete stadiums, and the arcade games which give more credits are later in the game.

Fyrate? I don't think I've seen a Manamon called that. Do you mean the steel horse? I know steel is good against standard.

I chose Aquaffe as my starter, too. At some point, I'd love to trade for the other starters to complete my 'pedia. I haven't yet run across the other Manamon you have to trade to transform.

Incidentally, my starter is in storage and I'm training Finaut. Not sure I'll keep it, but for now, it does okay. I mean, of course, I'll keep it, but you get what I'm saying.

Thanks for the info on the copter. Good to know I'll get to keep it. It's really such a lifesaver.

I read through Jade's guide up to where I am now. I don't want to read further for spoilers. I see I missed some hidden items. However, I'm not really sure they're worth going back for. Gold and revives sound nice. Leveling herbs, too. But I'd have to backtrack over terrain I've already gone through. Maybe I'll wait until I can one-hit-kill everyone and do a proper exploration. Or maybe if I play again, I'll look more closely for them. I assume the game is doable without those items, even though they sound like they make the journey easier. I'm still at that stage where I want to see what happens more than the hassle of going into the wilderness or back over places I've been.

No. You don't understand. I am terrible at action arcade games. If all the games available are like that, I don't stand a chance. Not particularly good at the Simon game, either. I find it hard to remember what number goes with what sound.

And to the next poster who mentioned a Fingon - what is that?

ETA: Can I buy revives at some point? I'm finding them and feel like they'd be really important later, but as of now, I'm limited to what I have, so I'm trying to conserve them. I already used two. Trekking over the mountain took a couple tries.

2018-04-16 20:57:53

No, It's the transformation of Fyste, a fighting type you can find in various locations.
Taiketsu Trail among them.
I've had six or seven playthroughs of this game, and Aquaffe is a hundred times better than Finaut. I gave both a try, and Aquaffe is the best water type in the game, at least in my opinion. He has amazing HP, and good defences and spessial attack, and learns some quite strong spessial water moves. I'd go With Aquaffe for sure!
Fingon is the transformation of Finaut, BTW.
There is an arcade game called slot machine, which is based on Luck. If you win, you can win from 500 to 5000 credits.

2018-04-16 21:48:36

The walkthrough says I can buy revives at markets, but it doesn't look like it for now. Is that later in the game? If so, maybe it should be changed to make that clearer.

The problem with swapping out Finaut is that I'd have to train Aquaffe to level 25 or 26 and there are no more trainers. Anyway, it would never survive even if there were.

Should I also swap out Fyste for Manja? My particular Manja seems to have really bad health. Or defense isn't very good. I'm not sure which.

Both Manja and Finnaut seem to be my most vulnerable team members. But training Fyste and Aquaffe would take a long time and I'm not sure I feel like grinding so much.

2018-04-17 03:24:44

To the last poster, yes. The revive will available later in the game shop. You should save your money for the forth stadium. In that town have lots of goodies.

2018-04-17 04:59:09

I always get excited when I see this topic near the top, still hoping for changes and updates even after nothing for so long!  haha A man can dream. seriously though, this has to be one of my all-time favorite audiogames, though I haven't played it in months. Manamon and bk3 are the only 2 that have ever really gotten me hooked. A hero's call should have, but it just didn't hit the mark for me, not sure why not though as it is pretty great.

2018-04-17 09:50:19

Yeah, Manamon is amazing. I know that I've talked about AAC, and I've played that for much longer, but manamon is my all time favorite audiogame.
I'm on my seventh manamon playthrough, and I love trying out New manamon.
For every playthrough, I try a New team, and see how that one goes. I look at the manamon's strengths and weeknesses, which moves they get, There abilities, and my favorite is catching a New manamon and getting to know more about it from reading the Manapedia Entry. It's so cool Learning about there first form, and see how they transform into bigger, stronger and even more amazing Versions of themselves. Manamon has so, so much replay valliew, and I love that. There are 158 manamon to Catch and learn about. That's amazing! You seriously don't just dream up 158 different creachers over night, that's impossible.
But I basicly love all VGStorm's games, barring psico strike. I've never liked games like that. All other VGStorm games are amazing though. smile
I totally agree With everyone that manamon is their best game so far.

2018-04-17 19:25:33

I'm here to do a little myth-busting. Apologies in advance.

1. Finaut/Fingon are busted. They have a nice stat spread, get one nice-looking move in Hone Blade that'll probably get your hopes up...and then never use it. Seriously. The only move you can get on them via their movelist that Hone Blade will help with is Suffocate. Freaking Suffocate. Also, what's up with the design? A fish with apelike arms and a growth over one eye that can be taught to use guns? That's...just, I have no words. I have never successfully used this manamon. I suppose it might have a niche if all you want to do is suffocate stuff. Waterbomb and Storm Rush are both rather bad water moves, and this line gets very little support moves, so its good stats mean nothing.

2. Monja is also pretty busted. It has amazing speed and can have halfway decent attack/special attack. Problem? Its same-type moves are awful. Rookie Kick, or Blind Rush. One is 50 power and like 90% accurate I think. The other is like 140 power and t60% accurate. You decide. And Shadow Claw, which is like 50 power, and which it didn't actually get before. Back that up with Black Bite (which is actually pretty good), Piledriver (which is decent at mid levels) and Hone Blade (such huge potential), and this guy just...never makes it. What about Oblivion Slash? He's a shadow type. with a sword; and he doesn't get Oblivion Slash. This sounds like it ought to be his signature move. What about Power Punch/Power Kick? But he does get Poison Dart, which is special for some reason. And hey, I guess he gets Sneer too, so that's kind of awesome. Note the sarcasm. Get a Ninjarkon later in the game and then box t. You'll thank me later.

3. A couple of the manapedia entries are actively interesting. Most of them reveal bad grammar, uninspired writing, weak design or some combination of all three. A few examples. First, why is Paladine's shield shaped like a cross? A cross-shaped shield would be too big a compromise to make for the sake of Christian symboloty; too little protection. Second, Sheepit refers to "whool" like three different times. Seriously? How did this get through even one round of QC, much less almost two years of existence? Third, Zapistan/Dussocket are, what, metal poles that give off signals that no one else can understand? Okay, cool, I suppose; are they aliens, or rogue power poles, or living organisms, or what? They sound like steel types; and Zapistan's cry sounds a great deal like the lowing of a cow, so what gives there? I could go on, but let's not. Some are interesting, many aren't, at least in my opinion. I wanted to know, same as you, but once I did, I often found myself being let down.

4. Someone said "you don't just dream 158 new manamon up overnight", or some such. You're right. It took me about a week to sit down and bang out about 120 or so, and would probably take me another week to give them typo-free, grammatically correct and (dare I say it) interesting physical descriptions and manapedia descs. Why do I mention this? Not to brag, certainly, but to de-mystify this creative process. Most of the manamon in this game would not have made it off the cutting-room floor even in the RBY days of the pokemon franchise. Some are actively interesting though, I'll give Aaron that much. A few of my favourites in this regard are Hydrake, Enchandithol (which should probably be spelled Enchandithal), Bellaard, Dormanoid and Owlaw. Some of the designs are quite unique; some are standard-ish (and that's completely fine, btw), but some of the rest are just not all that interesting (see above). This is not some herculean two-year creative process into which Aaron poured tens of thousands of tortuous man-hours. This is something which, if you know the pokemon source, is really not that hard to synthesize. Here, I'll make up a new manamon right here and now.

Name: Heliorb
Type: flame-rock
Physical Description: Heliorb is a levitating, softly glowing ball of liquid rock which sometimes sports a rudimentary mouth and eyes. The surface of the magma which makes up its body is in near-constant, roiling motion. A faint glow often accompanies this manamon wherever it goes, changing colour from red to yellow, orange to violet, depending on its mood.
Manapedia Entry: Heliorb have been seen exploding wholly formed from erupting volcanoes. Their exact method of locomotion is unknown, but they appear to show similarities with the sun in some way. Heliorb is capable of regulating its own body temperature with relative ease, allowing itself to be touched if desired. Unlike most other manamon, Heliorb has no ability to vocalize in any way, but people who grow familiar with its habits learn to read its emotions from the colour of its body.

That took me about seven minutes, and I could probably do better with double the time.

Anyway, this isn't to say that Aaron didn't do hard work. He absolutely did. Besides, the game was nearly bug-free. But please don't hold this up as an example of sublime creativity, because it really isn't.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-04-18 02:03:37 (edited by Taleria 2018-04-18 02:36:21)

anthony002 wrote:

I always get excited when I see this topic near the top, still hoping for changes and updates even after nothing for so long!  haha A man can dream. seriously though, this has to be one of my all-time favorite audiogames, though I haven't played it in months. Manamon and bk3 are the only 2 that have ever really gotten me hooked. A hero's call should have, but it just didn't hit the mark for me, not sure why not though as it is pretty great.

Haha. Sorry to disappoint. Just a newbie posting comments.

I was obsessed with A Hero's Call for at least a month. It's a good game and the music alone is pretty darn awesome. I bought the soundtrack and I'm happy with it. Also love the voice acting. Combat sounds and weapon sounds are great, too. So yeah. A great game. It's cool the party members have side storylines, too. Makes them feel a bit more "real." But Manamon has taken over and I think A Hero's Call doesn't have too much in the way of replay value except trying the classes that aren't already in the game. I think expansion packs for it would be fun, or maybe a sequel.

Getting back to Manamon, I'm happy to report that even though I'm terrible at Simon and the shooting down ships, I was still able to unlock the doors. So if I can do it, it should be no trouble for anyone else.

ETA: I guess training Fyste and Aquaffe is in my future, then. Not looking forward to it.

My current team is level 32. I have Skirial, Jimitron, Pandourbit, Fingon, Manja's transformation, and Jackinaipe. I'm thinking I have to replace everyone except Pandourbit and Skirial. They either take too long to defeat things or they don't last very long. I saw the equipment in the market, but not sure they're worth it since you can only equip one item and the prices are crazy. Plus, the stat penalties.

ETA 2: Jade, I really appreciate the walkthrough. I got stuck at the arcade wandering around expecting to run into a cut scene or something. I had to look up how to proceed. It's very obvious once you know, but I had no reason to think things had changed. Maybe some sort of dialog could be added. Like, "I notice something different about this wall" or some such.

2018-04-18 06:29:38

Ah. See, that's a direct pokemon ripoff, where you tear down a poster that someone is guarding and go into the basement of the arcade. As soon as Yavin wanted me to go to the arcade (which has always struck me as one of many very convenient plot points, I might add) I got in there, noticed there was something nearby and went "Aha, Rocket hideout, here we come".
Seriously, the number of parallels especially to the first couple of pokemon games is insane. I won't list them all here because I have before.

Now, to your team:

Jimitron is kind of a one-trick pony, but he's not bad at what he does.
Fingon is busted.
Monja is usable, but like 92.5% busted. Use him if you want.
Jackanaipe is actually decent. Not amazing, but decent. He does get a few puzzling physical moves and not much physical attack to use them on, but he gets an early Meteor Rush, and that's cool, plus Mana Boost to jack up his special attack.
Pandourbit is going to get Spirit Force and Earthquake, and become a wrecking ball...albeit a very, very slow wrecking ball. One of the better manamon overall, I think, if played right. Roar will help; if you've lost that move, you can get it back later, don't worry.
Skirial is not terrible, especially early to mid game. You're going to find it starting to get kicked around pretty soon, if you haven't found this already, and I personally find that it starts getting pretty thoroughly outclassed in the mid-30s. This doesn't make it bad - it's a three-stage bug manamon similar to Butterfree and that sort of thing, so I don't mind that it's not a top-tier threat - but it does mean that it may outlive its usefulness. You're going to get an item that will help training in the not-too-distant future, so if you want to maximize your team, that might be a good time.

A few tips, without being insanely spoiler-tastic:
1. You can find Fyste in an area coming up, instead of having to catch it at like level 15-17 or whatever.
2. There's an upcoming fire-fighting type called Feefeye you might like, to replace Monja. Slow as dirt, but hits like a truck. This is assuming you're not using Fyste.
3. Trumer is better than Skirial, but I don't think you absolutely need an insect type. Bombusect might be better than both if you can get one with a great HP stat.
4. Erroir is way, way better than Jimitron. Not as high HP, but almost everything else, bar speed, is just flat-out better.
5. If you want a good air type, Sacroloon may work out well. Amazing special defense, and it's fast, too. Watch for not-too-great attack and defense though. Martiagle and Owlex are also good.
6. If you must have a water type, I'd use either Aquaffe's line or Reefe/Submenno. Submenno's a little frail but hits decently hard, and gets an ice type. It's also immune to water moves, just like Fingon is. Arctana is faster and maybe stronger, but gets worse moves. Hydrake is neat, if you can find one. Torto is busted, so don't bother.

And yeah. None of those things means your team is awful. You can use most any team and probably prosper with it if you grind hard enough.

2018-04-18 17:12:37

@Jayde, Ah! Now I want Heliorb really bad! smile

2018-04-18 19:17:24

I have all kinds written down somewhere, and they'll most likely never see the light of day. Some of them are probably crap and I'd probably kill them on sight if I looked at them, but I thought they were neat.
A couple of highlights:
1. My starters were a water-magic line, a fire-holy line and a plant-shadow line. Fire starters I didn't have names for quite yet, but water was Fawntain, Raindeer and Lachrymoose, while the plant ones were Seedark, Nightstalk and Frightbush.
2. I have some dragons (most notably a three-stage dragon-air-water type called Typhorn, a two-stage dragon-poison type called Dragnox, a two-stage dragon-electric called Voldrake and a sound-dragon called Dreccho.
3. My personal favourite I've created is a three-stage ghost-sound manamon: Shylent, Whismerize, Shriegaunt.
4. Sparcat and Velocelot, cute kitties that can also zap you
5. A magic-poison type called Miasmage and a magic-fighting type called Apeshift.
6. A fair amount more poison types, and better cross-representation in general
7. Name-wise, the one I liked best was a holy-shadow type; two stages: Dreemon and Redemon.
8. Probably my weirdest one: a plant-undead type called Dreadfall.

And that's enough out of me for awhile. I'll stick to more manamon stuff directly in future.

2018-04-19 04:57:37

Wow. Just got through the arcade. The puzzle in there took me a while. I actually trapped myself and had to fly out. If there was an exit, I couldn't find it.

The last admin fight in there almost had me. I was down to one Manamon. This was without using herbs or revives. I could barely damage her Manamon.

I'm now in the jungle but am taking a break. Still recovering from the tension of the last fight.

2018-04-19 07:44:34

That jungle is really big, and it's full of plant types.
Make sure you have something that is efective against plant. Flame, for example.
There are a cupple water and Earth types there as well, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've played manamon.

2018-04-19 09:07:42

it's such a pity that this game is left behind

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2018-04-19 13:49:40

One other thing that really hurts this game, in my opinion, is the switch mechanic.
In the pokemon game, switching takes priority over absolutely everything else, and item use is second to that, and then any direct battle stuff. If a pokemon comes in, you as a trainer have a chance to switch or to heal. This does create options for item use, and for what I like to call fodder pokemon (bring something weak in, and revive a stronger pokemon while the weak one takes a hit and dies), but on the whole, it's pretty balanced.
On the other hand, Manamon bases your item use and switch speed on the manamon's speed, which is weird. I'll give an example.
Say you have a team of Junanchel at 45%HP and Redonkeus at 30%HP. You also happen to have a Titomaton, which is at 0HP. You've initiated a battle where your opponent leads with a Martiagle with Cyclone Claw. Here's how the battle's going to go.
You send out Redonkeus. Martiagle OHKOs it with Cyclone Claw.
You are forced to send out Junanchel. Martiagle uses Cyclone Claw. Game over.
You don't get a chance to use an item to revive Titomaton, or even a chance to switch while a manamon is still alive.
Now, in the pokemon universe, here's how this would go (I'll use appropriate substitutions).
You lead with your Bellossom, and immediately use a Revive on your Magnezone, bringing it to half health. Dodrio uses Drill Peck. Bellossom dies.
Now, instead of having to bring out your weakened Machamp, you get to bring in Magnezone at half health, and you have a pretty good chance of zapping that bird out of the sky.

Why does this matter, you ask?
Because manamon turns a strength into a weakness. Some teams are extremely varied, but when you're learning the game and not sure who has what, it's very possible to leave one of your manamon in a fight you don't understand, then get killed because you can't immediately switch out when you suspect that the foe is going to destroy you. Not only that, but a manamon which is faster than the rest of your team and has a type advantage can sweep multiple members of your own team without you really being able to do anything about it. Having played multiple generations of pokemon and one manamon game, I can tell you which is better from a design perspective.

"But wait!", I hear you say. "This is just a way that Manamon is trying to be different. I thought you wanted it to be different. Besides, heal-spam sucks."
Yes, heal-spam sucks. But what sucks worse is you, the tamer, being unable to react because your manamon is too slow. The reason pokemon games let you heal the way they do is because they recognize that -your ability to use an item on a pokemon, or withdraw it, is not dependent upon the speed of that pokemon. Basically, this ensures that playing on "set" in manamon is a death sentence. I dare anyone to play what I'll call a traditional nuzlocke, on set, in manamon, see how far you get. Because the instant you come up against something faster, with a type disadvantage, you're probably going to take a hit, and given the double weaknesses running around, you're probably gonna die. Bellaard from undead, Guerrerrol from air, Skirial from both ice and stone, Titomaton from earth, Deciced from both fighting and holy, Palador from magic and ghost, Craggalem from both water and plant...I rest my case.

of course, this is all compounded rather hugely by lack of good moves for most manamon. This is why the most effective teams, in my experience, have at least three members who are fast and hit really, really hard against most common types. You can't play stall in manamon. Clerics largely don't work. Actual strategy is pretty thin on the ground.

Decisions like these are what turned a really ambitious idea into a lackluster finished product.

2018-04-19 22:51:56 (edited by Corona 2018-04-19 22:54:12)

well, that's definitelly true. I'm doing a nuzloke actually and I have to  be too careful with what I use in first place. I'm in san cot stadium with a lost manamon, I had to sacrifice it in the first octoros battle. anyway, there have been a lot of times when I was about to lose one of my manamon with a single hit. maybe I should check up jaide's gyde to see what does the trainers have have before recording, haha

2018-04-20 13:20:27 (edited by vaibhavbhandari 2018-04-20 13:21:53)

@3,711, Aha! If after learning some programing I will make a game like Pokemon then, well, I would use those which you listed cause I felt that some names were cool and I would sure create that Heliorb. Nice discription!
Edit: Forgot to say... nice explaination! I liked that idea. I also thought about that.
smile
smile

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2018-04-22 04:20:39

What the heck? unknown gifts is useless if you don't have three stadium keys.

2018-04-22 07:06:40

@3,718, I have never used that unknown gifts option. I don't like it much.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore

2018-04-22 07:06:56

Yep!!! It's useless.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-04-22 12:41:00

So unlocking it in the first stadium is crap.

2018-04-23 02:35:27

Okay, guys, just to clear up some misinformation (I find myself doing that a lot, sadly)...

The current gift is a level 30 Dormanoid with Oblivion Slash and Soul Ripper, among other things. It's unlocked after the third stadium because it would totally wreck the game otherwise. Prior gifts have been available as soon as Unknown Gifts was unlocked, after you finished the first stadium. This is why a lot of the earlier gift manamon were level 10-15 or so.

As for liking it/not liking it: you are literally getting free stuff. What's not to like?

I mean, okay, it's not the absolute best free stuff, but it's still...free stuff. Pick it up, and if you don't want it on your team, box it.

So far we've had a mixed bag, but nothing amazing. I think the best of the lot was Feefeye with Call to Arms or Gronk with Laser Arm for some nifty coverage. Loonis with Inner Healing was neat, except the main reason that's there is because I believe it had Inner Healing in its movelist once upon a time, but Aaron thought it was too broken, so he removed it. Except he didn't entirely remove it, because Matthew's Sacroloon, among others, still has it.

I'd say it's about time for a new unknown gift. Sapple with Earthquake, maybe, since it's spring? Or perhaps Finaut with Drench, Rev Up and Scourge Tail? I dunno, just sayin'.
Nah, who am I kidding? We'll probably get a Sluggugg with Acid Slap or a Simulon with Bite.

2018-04-23 13:41:06

I have a couple of questions. I'm playing the game for the second time and have killed the player's father. Does the scene with the Doctor change when you collect all Manamon? If not, I'd rather know in advance. I don't like the idea of spending hours grinding levels to transform all my Manamon if I'll get the same scene as before.
Is there anything special you get from the reporter in Snowstar city? I'm rapidly approaching that area and someone told me that you got a ton of gold if you answered the questions in the right way. If true, what do you have to do? I've tried numerous times but haven't received anything.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-04-23 15:19:37

@chris, I think only the cutseens change when you reach the Shadow kingdom floor 7 and after you beat the game. I don't know about when you fight with the doctor and that reporter thing I have only recieved  a maximum of 5000 or I think 10000 gold. Just answer the questions in a good way. Just choose the best answer for each question. Hope it helps.

2018-05-13 21:27:20

Hi all and welcome by my 12th playthrough of this game.
In this game, we're going to play through and with fire.
Don't forget to subscribe to my other channel where I upload edits of instrumentals that people want to see me edit.
You can subscribe on this channel by clicking on the first link I have placed in the discription.
You can find the video on: https://youtu.be/KnRoxdxBLXc
Enjoy and don't forget to sub to annd share that other channel with everyone who likes music.

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.