Hey. I have some questions about starting an Internet radio station. My station will only play top 40/pop, some hip-pop now and then, and possibly a show where I take requests, like 195 The Globe, but the difference is that I will only play my genre and I don't have to make a mistake again by overloading a request system and the listeners complaining to the station saying a hungry song requester is overloading the system. What are some music licensing companies that support PayPal? I'm about to be 18 this year. I know that 195 The Globe is using Live Web DJ. Also, how can I obtain clean songs?

Thumbs up

don't waste your money there are thousands of internet radio stations out there and you'll end up just playing stuff to your friends.

if duct tape doesn't fix it, you haven't used enough.

Thumbs up +1

Yup, the market's flooded.

The bipeds think this place belongs to them, how cute.

Thumbs up

After your other topic, just, how did I know this was coming? Rofl.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

Thumbs up

I thought about putting money into this and actual spending the time to do it but the market is taken over by pandora and the other streaming platforms.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

Thumbs up

It's over!  Internet broadcasting cannot survive when people are more interested in playing their own music, and with so many services from Apple Music to Spotify allowing them precisely that, you stand no chance at all at making a hit, unless you produce original content of some kind.  It's a nice hobby if you can actually get yourself in a well established radio station that has already beaten all the hurtles you're attempting to tackle yourself, but otherwise, look elsewhere for something profitable that won't waste your time and take chunks out of your material resources.  You're nearly 18 now, you'll get burned out on it before you turn 20.

I do not know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.

Thumbs up +1

Hello. Glad to see someone else getting into internet radio. smile I have been into radio all my life and I personally get excited to see fellow broadcasters getting into it. I really wished SPL was not so expensive but I guess you have to pay to play if you will. I do have one idea. I would recommend running 24/7 if you are able to. The main reason I say that is because you can list yourself on tunein and you can get more listeners that way. But if not, you can still list on tunein but you have to give  them exact hours. I learned that the hard way a few years back. Also, don't let anyone get to you. I started back in internet radio back in 2006 and a lot of people told me my delivery was bad and different things. You either have to have a thick skin or develop one in order to get into this whole internet radio thing if you ask me. Good luck my friend and I will be listening for sure. smile I also have the same question about clean songs myself. Personally, I have looked on youtube. Some vevo channels are good sources for the radio edits.

Thumbs up +1

The reason why many people in the blind community start radio stations, in my opinion, is to have something to work on during their spare time. I don't think it's so much about broadcasting anymore. Also, setting up an Internet radio station may be a fun challenge for people interested in server administration, programming, and website creation. Very rarely do you find innovative content on a lot of these Internet radio stations run by blind people. I'm not trying to offend, but I am speaking from experience. I realized that an Internet station I started a while ago was more for me and my understanding of certain technologies than actually reaching out to an audience.

Click here to friend me on Facebook.
Click here to follow me on twitter.
If you want to add me to Skype, my name is lozano.edgar.
Please let me know that your from the AudioGames community if you wish to add me on any of these sites.

Thumbs up +1

I did research on this very thing. I contacted licensing companies and even talked to other station managers. I also looked at getting a ascap new media license that would me to play the same music that they play on mainstream radio.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

Thumbs up