2017-12-21 07:54:43

I can trade with you for sure

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-12-21 08:19:35

ok I think you mean the same username you have on this forum right? I am on STWas tj.

2017-12-21 10:35:38

I can trade with you too. or well, my problem is that I can't host the server.
feel free to add me on skype if you want to trade.
oscarcorona98

2017-12-21 14:44:35

if you mean stw, yes I am marro there as well. I am usualy around there from an hour until now, its 1:44 pm here, will be there for sure at 2:44 pm so if you need me hit me up on there .

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-12-31 23:01:12

Hi and welcome by my last Manamon playthrough of 2017.
You will hear in this video what we're going to do.
Don't forget to like, to subscribe on this channel and if you really want to do something for me just make sure you have your nultifications on, share this video with your friends and be positive.
Check the video on: https://youtu.be/_nkR15Ja7yc
Enjoy!

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2018-01-01 00:36:13

I'm sorry to say, but I feel like this game has reached the sad end of its life cycle. I say "sad" because it could've been so, so much more. Even reading my guide is sort of a painful experience. So much potential wasted, or at the least not realized.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-01 11:06:26

well, its the develapor's style.
he creates a game, releaces fiew small updates, and im done, see you later.
and that manamon is really expencive 50 dollars or something?
i know better games and they are free or cheaper then this game.
they are my thots anyway.
bye the way Jayde, i loved your  guide.
but sadly this game is not going anywhere.

2018-01-01 16:17:03

Yes, it could've been better if the developer had put a bit more effert in to game creation. He said he had a job, but I don't know any jobs that make you work non stop all day and night, and he could've at least taken like 5 minutes off of his job to, um, read this topic about his game. And all the things about attacks that the different Manamon get, that could've probably been changed very easily in maybe, 10 minutes or less? Well, if he doesn't want us buying his games because of his not reading the forums and low amount of effert, that's what he gets. It's just how life works. You never know, their might be a new player who sees this topic, wants to buy Manamon, buys it, plays around with it some and uninstalls it.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2018-01-01 19:24:17

Unless Aaron didn't think ahead to build an editor on his end, a data setup where he can tweak numbers themselves on the fly - and he'd be a huge fool not to have done so with a game so heavy on data management as Manamon - there is absolutely no excuse for what happened to this game beyond stubbornness and laziness. I'm making no bones about this.
Undead is too strong, and its poison immunity pretty much nails the coffin shut on poison manamon. Could've been fixed.
Many attacks are carbon copies of each other, stat-wise, and almost all attacks have some mild accuracy penalty that really doesn't need to be there. Again, could've been fixed.
A few other type tweaks (water being weak to poison, for instance, and steel being super-effective vs. undead while stone resists undead)...same deal.
Tweaking use points and strength of moves to make them more competitive? Bingo.
Giving slightly more varied movesets and better same-type attack options? Good idea.
Tweaking base stats of many manamon a bit so that they became competitive? No-brainer.
I suggested all of this in an email. Was quite detailed and thorough. I'd compiled my date from hundreds of hours of playing and writing my guide. I got the brush-off,a nd it was then, almost a year ago now, that I knew what was going to happen.
The dirty truth is that developers, of any kind, have the right to make their game however they want. Aaron did what he's entitled to do. Decided "hey, I'm not going to take someone else's word for it, because making that concession means I'm tacitly admitting I was wrong and at least one of my players was right". Putting it that way might seem spiteful, but I feel absolutely no spite. Frankly it's no great loss that I'm not interested in Manamon anymore. I got in some nice fun while I took the game apart, and now I can't do anything but see its flaws, both the deeper and harder-to-reach stuff like scripting problems, and the other tweaking I mentioned above. All of that, btw, with the proper editor, could have been done in maybe three hours of solid work. Four, tops. Take half an hour at a time for eight days, and it would be done. Or ten minutes here, ten minutes there, and so long as you did it a little each day, you have all the new tweaks in a month. That wouldn't have saved his online play, but it would've told his players indirectly that he respects more than just their money.
Big-time developers don't listen to individuals most of the time. They don't have to. Their success speaks for itself. The reason I'm hammering on this point in such fashion, however, is because unfortunately the reverse is true. Aaron has developed something of a bad reputation, and instead of crushing it forever, Manamon has, in a way, cemented it. Because yes, he has every right to ignore what we say and to do what he likes. I won't ever take that away from him. But I'm by far not the only voice speaking out, which means I'm probably not a minority. Almost everyone I've spoken to who's played this game cites many or even all of the same issues I do. And that tells me that dozens of players aren't wrong, and further tells me that one's need to be right should never trump one's desire to put out a solid product.

That said, when my game comes out, there will probably be stuff you don't like. You may think something is too hard. You may want me to nerf something because it makes the game too easy. You may see no benefit to a certain class or playstyle, or may have some other issue. I welcome constructive feedback. I'll tell you right now that I won't change a thing just because someone said so. I'll want proof. If you provide proof, or an explanation I can go around and play with, then I will take you seriously. I probably won't spend hours debating back and forth why I'm right, but if I do goof, I'll own it. "Hey guys. Sorry about that. Barbarians now actually do more damage like they should've been. Also, the Stormcrow enemy won't appear in such big groups anymore." Stuff like that. I dunno. I'm not a big developer (not really a full developer at all yet, since nothing's live just yet). But I'm not going to be big. This means I'm producing for a small market, and I'm willing, within reason, to listen to that small market. To do otherwise is to have my game go the exact same way Manamon went, and I don't want that to happen. No no. If I have anything to say about it, my RPG will be at least in the same ballpark as AHC.

Anyway, I'm super-tired, and this was a long, long rant. Sorry about that. Chalk it up to exhaustion.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-01 23:19:40

Hi guys and welcome to my 8th let's play of Manamon.
Just went to the graveyard and cought my Manamon there.
You can see it at: https://youtu.be/52QtY4X8Rx8

2018-01-02 04:39:36

Hmm, I'll be watching it when I have time. Also, you should fix up the levels of your team. I noticed they were a bit messed up in the last video you made.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2018-01-02 05:35:14

anybody else having trouble installing the latest update? I thought I'd play it over again for a bit of fun but when I install the latest version it says unable to rename rpg.exe. installs the rest of the game but without the executable. I do know at least one other person is having the same issue and we're both using different anti virus software so I don't think it's a security thing.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-01-27 23:55:16

Hi guys.
I'm back with a new video.
You will hear in the intro what we're going to do.
You can find the video on: https://youtu.be/_mtAoddTF94
Have a nice day.

2018-01-29 14:33:25

I haven't dug into the meat of the game nearly as much as Jayde has. My only real gripes with it are in it's philosophy and the execution of it's plot, as well as the fact that most of the manamon seem to embody the monster part of their name in appearance. It's pretty obvious the vast majority of the mons were designed without any forethought to what they would actually look like if someone could see them.

It's tsill one of my favorite games though, simply for the sound design alone. It may sound weird, but one of my favorite things to do is to just go around to various environments and relax sometimes. Some of my favorites are Paladin's Point, Hansha Village bridge and Master's Rest near the water. Even though I disagree with almost the entire concept of the plotline, I don't regret purchasing this game. Other than the japanese games, it's about the only audiogame I've spent more than a few hours with. I've come back to this game time and again just to mess with some of the cool-sounding attacks, and it's navigation system is top notch. This may sound like a shallow post in the vane of a sighted person praising a game for it's graphics, but it is what it is. In my opinion, it's still the best english audiogame that exists. Having said that, I do still hope that Galaxy Laboratory still has plans to do a monster training game as they said.

I still don't think I'd buy Manamon 2, even though I'd be tempted to because of the sound design. I know I said I would way back in the thread, then I said I wouldn't because of the storyline. I'm still leaning toward the latter. Nevertheless, I did get a lot of enjoyment out of this game, more than I did from AHC. So obviously it wasn't all bad, even if I could have done without the constant references to darkness, depression and evolution.

2018-01-30 05:06:10

I know david. Do you want to battle with me so I can upgrade my lovely manamon for you?

73 Wj3u

2018-02-04 21:27:04

I have just uploaded my 11th playthrough.
Please like the video and share it with anyone who you know that is interested in this game or audiogames in general.
It's on: https://youtu.be/k5hyuFochgY
Like!

2018-02-07 23:00:42

Hi and welcome by this short video.
In the previous video, I tried to catch an airwaar and I failed.
How ever, I tried again and this is what came out.
Don't forget to like this video and the pinned comment, to watch the previous video by going to the first link in the discription and clicking on it and to follow me on twitter by clicking on the last link in the discription or in the pinned comment.
You can find the video on: https://youtu.be/Y-uWx5Z8ZUA
Enjoy!

2018-04-06 18:38:59

Hey all!
First of all, I know that I'm super super super late, I probably couldn't have been any later, and I don't think anyone is going to read this, Haha, but I just got around to registrering a few days ago, even though I've been Reading this topic since it had like 100 posts, or something. I still couldn't resist though, and felt like I just had to share how much I love this game With everyone.
smile

So Yeah, I truely love this game. I've had about 5 or 6 playthroughs, but still, I find myself constently playing more and more and more. I can't get enough of this game. I love Learning about my manamon, their many cool abilities, moves and transformations. and my favorite part is the snowstar part and the Irroadium Battle. I love the Irroadium Music! It's so eppic! And that feeling when you've travvled for many hours through what seams like an endless mountain, Cave or feeld With ruins, and Your intire party is dead except one, who has like one healthpoint left, and you  finally hear the Wind chimes or gate to the Next city, and finally can go to the hotel and fully heel Your party, know what I'm talking about? Yeah, that feeling is just awesome, nothing more.
smile

So, Yeah, felt like I just had to share my thoughts on this game, even though I know Aaron is probably never gonna read it. Haha.
And if you are Reading this, I'd just like to thank you for such an awesome game, I can't wait untill the Next VGStorm game comes out!
Keep up the great work, Aaron! You rock!

2018-04-10 08:52:16

Hi,

I just bought this game today and so far, I'm loving it.

Just wondered if anyone has tips for leveling our Manamon and choosing a party. I'm only asking because I assume later in the game, it would be tough to train low-level Manamon in higher level areas.

2018-04-10 10:07:09

Basically, keep a well balanced team (within 5 levels.) I haven't beaten the game yet, but I don't think I'm terribly far. I'm up to the bay after Snowstar (I'm guessing that's a reference to Snowbelle city from Pokemon X/Y.)
My highest is level 54 and my lowest is 52, so I might have gone a little overkill. There were certain spots I ground just so I wouldn't fall into the trap later on of "oh shit, you're too under leveled." I might post a separate topic with my thoughts on the game after I've beaten it. Admittedly at first I was kind of skeptical just because of how much it borrows from Pokemon, but the more I play, the more I can see what Aaron was trying to do. Between keeping teams balanced and having a variety of type coverage, you should be good. Don't be afraid to play around and see what works for you. Jayde's guide is pretty good in that regard, though it's honestly not something I've followed a ton of just because I like playing around and finding out these things for myself.

2018-04-12 17:04:36

cj89 wrote:

Basically, keep a well balanced team (within 5 levels.) <...> Between keeping teams balanced and having a variety of type coverage, you should be good. Don't be afraid to play around and see what works for you. Jayde's guide is pretty good in that regard, though it's honestly not something I've followed a ton of just because I like playing around and finding out these things for myself.

Thanks for the tips. Variety of type coverage. I assume you mean the types of monsters that are advantageous against many types? I don't see any in the early game, which is where I am.

I just won my first key. I had to try three times. I finally checked the guide and discovered I was going in with types that aren't super good against sound and plant, like my Aquaffe. I rearranged my team and won with two monsters to spare.

I haven't checked out the guide yet. Like you, I prefer to experiment and figure out what works best for my style of play.

I'm rather used to grinding, so it doesn't bother me that much. Easy way to make money, too. It's just tedious.

That ex Stadium leader in Hazeldale that rates the Manamon captured...Is that worth checking up on? I know it helps me decide where to spend training points, but is it advantageous to capture multiples of the same type to try to get a creature that's superior in several areas? I've tried doing that and it can be tough to get monsters with great stats.

2018-04-13 09:29:07

I don't have any money for this company. If I purchase something, it will be something I can use on more than one device.

You can't connect the dots looking forward.  You can only connect them looking backwards.

2018-04-15 01:03:21 (edited by Taleria 2018-04-15 04:42:22)

Defeated the second stadium. Way back in this thread, I was reading it was a tough fight, but I found it fairly easy. My Manamon were between levels 22 and 24. I didn't even need two of them. In fact, it was easier than the first stadium. Haha.

And suddenly, the story has become grim. Yikes.

I'm so happy for the transportation device. I wanted to go back home but it was such a long way. Wonder where I can buy one of these. Apparently, I'm borrowing it.

I like the hidden items. They are very nice. But such a pain to hunt for.

Also, I am terrible at arcade games. I'm never going to earn enough credits for the neat potions.

ETA: I read in the thread that a good strategy for maximizing training points is to one-hit-kill a bunch of creatures. But how do I know when a Manamon has gotten all the points they can?

2018-04-15 22:13:49

Yeah, that second stadium fight really Depends on Your team. I've always found the first stadium to be one of the hardest. Maybe because Aquaffe is my favorite starter? smile

My strategy for the second stadium is to bring With me a Level 25-26 Fyrate, and just destroy everything With Power kick. It's over in less than 30 Seconds. Hahaha.

The Pocket copter can't be bought anywhere.
He says he'll come and find you when he wants it back, but he never does. You get to keep it forever. Maybe he just forgot about it, I dunno.

About the hidden items, Jayde has written a guide which tells you where most of the hidden items are. It's really useful.

You'll unlocke Arcade games as you Complete stadiums, and the arcade games which give more credits are later in the game.

There isn't a way to know if you have all the training Points you can have, but later in the game, without spoiling anything, you'll find a really useful item that'll help you With training Points. smile

2018-04-16 18:30:13

Yep I remember that. I have completed this game two times and I am on my third run. It has become fairly easy for me now hahaha! Any ways that second stadium... it was easy for mee too! smile Aah and I also remembered that how I trained that fingon on the Hidraway till level 30! It was a pain!

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram