2018-04-11 20:52:05

I have the dev version, its the only one you can get now.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-12 19:12:40

I've started the process of investigating about making my own maps. I really like the starship war thing, and I'm making a few maps for the template version of it. The first one will be sort of like one of the early missions in the normal version where you have to stop an asteroid from smashing into a planet, this one will be stopping a plague ship from contaminating a planet. The plagueship is automated, all the crew having been killed off. You will have to intercept and destroy it before it enters the orbit, which will probably be 5 squares of radius from the planet. Unlike the ELE mission though, the ship entering orbit will not instantly mean defeat, it will begin to contaminate the planet though, and once the contamination reaches 100 or whatever, then your mission will end. TO help out with this, the planet will lose some of its contamination each turn due to doctors administering curatives, but you can also beam down medical teams to help with this.

Another facet of this mission is that before the crew were killed off, they implemented an automation program into the computer of their ship, this automation program has broken own though, and is why the ship has gone off course. It was supposed to fly into a sun and destroy the ship, thus destroying the plague, but seeing as how none of the crew were working at their best being affected by this plague, it failed, and its course got inadvertently set to collide with this planet, but will just be pulled into orbit. The ship's automated defenses are active though, and while it cannot attack you directly, it can launch fighter drones which you will have to contend with. So this should be more than just a simple intercept, keep it from moving and shoot the hell out of it type thing.

I also have ideas if I can get to where I'm comfortable with the process. I want to make a map pack of my own, call it Modern War. The idea is to dispense with the mages, archers, basically medieval stuff, and simulate war in a modern setting. I've looked at the docs for the scripts that come with the game, and you can do some really advanced stuff with them. For instance, I could make tanks that required someone to drive them that wouldn't be able to move on their own without someone in them. You can turn multiple units into one unit, so if you had 8 soldiers, you could turn them into one company or something like that. I also want to add tactical advantages , implement a special move or special action point that allows you to navigate to the rooftop. From the roof top, a sniper would get a nice sight increase, and so on. I would also implement a skill that would let the other team have to use it to reveal a sniper's position. This would simulate actively looking, because let's face it, people don't generally look up. I don't know if this would work well or not with the AI, probably not though so I might have to rethink this particular idea. I want to allow different classes, such as engineer who could assemble small structures, like, OK, if you take an engineer to a hilltop, then have him assemble a big mounted machine gun that someone had to get in to use, etc. Also one of the types of soldiers would be able to protect non-combat oriented classes like engineers or medics so they can do their work.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-11 05:29:58

well thanks to some free indie games, and a sound extraction tool, I think i could make a pretty good dragonball z map pack for tactical battle. but just to be sure if anyone can point me to a good source of dragonball z sounds and music? thanks.