2018-04-11 12:30:00

I'll give you a brief story.

There is a site, it got updated the end!

Ha! thought I was going to make up some sort of tale about legal cases, items of luggage, lawyers governmental employees or something else didn't you? well not today, after all any brief story I could come up with would guarantee to be a load of pants!

Updates by dark:

Idlefisher: miner cleanup.
Updated links on Clok page to point to latest versions of Mata and Sneak’s soundpack, plus added a link to  appropriate topic on our forum.
Added Mud connector link to Classic six dragons.
Updated download link for inheritance.
Fixed download link to audiostrike, plus the link for the zip version.
Empiremud: entry and description.

Land of Livia: entry, description and links.
Added Applevis link to Huboodle.
Deleted page for Text sl since apparently it’s out of development and been replaced by a different text client.
Added link to Nolly’s guide to Land of Livia.

Added links to Nathantech’s page of sound rts mods and resources.
Removed patrion link from page of Corruption of champions since accessibility for the second game has been refused.
Classic six dragons: Added link to download the soundpack, plus added details of siege system.
Code7: entry, description and links.
Quentin C< fixed link thanks to Nidza for providing the new one.

Loraeon: Added note the game is unavailable, changed license to unknown.
Lockpick: fixed homepage link.

Added links to Shotgunshel’s audio review of A hero’s call plus resource’s from our articles room.
Added link to review of Classic six dragons.
Updated link to Crazy party.

Fixed permissions to allow restricted accounts to use the board search feature, so visitors can search the board without having an account or logging in.

Created new genre category, social game hub, read about it Here on the game genres page
Changed Rs games client, quentin C playroom, Huboodle, Blind adrenaline cardroom and (for legacy purposes), the allinplay games to social game hub.

Changed license of all Allinplay games to unknown, added note to the fact the games have now vanished from the internet.

Added details of new games Ludopolusa and Simon to Huboodle page.
Added wikipedia links and details of all currently available Quentin C games (or at least all of those that have help files on the website).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-11 18:02:33

Wow this is an impressive amount of work, job well done to you sir.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-04-11 20:23:41

hi dark, I was wondering, why don't you just remove games from the  site that aren't available anymore? I understand that they could reappear, but I'd say you could give a game a grace period of say three years or so, and if it doesn't reappear by that point, the db page should go poof in my opinion.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-04-11 20:48:38 (edited by MasterChief 2018-04-11 20:52:24)

Wow, good job Dark.
Speaking about Quentin C games and their help files, I wish they'd write one for chess.
They should write at least a simple help file for it, a few days ago a friend told me he wanted to play chess but he simply didn't find a help file for it in play room.
I know he can google it and stuff, but writing a simple help file for it isn't hard either.
Also the ability to add a bot computer to the game, I know that a bot for chess is very, very, very hard to code, but still, there are some engines that can take care of that, depends on their could it could be possible or may be not I don't know, but one can hope.
I also would like to see some rules to Belote implemented, like you can toggle them on or off, like for example the 4 of a kind cards thing, and also strait, when you get for example, 7, 8 and 9, or when you get 8, 9 and 10 etc etc etc.
I am not sure if I tell them about those ideas if they will add them or not, because some people play by those rules in this game in real life, I didn't make those rules up lol.

2018-04-11 20:51:22

Regarding chess. Bots wont be added but not because of it being hard to code, rather because it would be very CPU intensive for the server, Regarding rules, the reason Aminiel didn't add them is because most people who play chess on the playroom have already either played it in real life or know the game. Rules for chess are not so hard to find online and there are really many pages explaining that game.

2018-04-11 20:55:57

hi, if you want to play chess and learn it at the same time I suggest you do accessible chess tutor, bg chess challenge, or you can even buy the k chess advanced or elite games if you're up for that.

2018-04-11 21:02:27 (edited by MasterChief 2018-04-11 21:16:02)

nidza07 wrote:

Regarding rules, the reason Aminiel didn't add them is because most people who play chess on the playroom have already either played it in real life or know the game. Rules for chess are not so hard to find online and there are really many pages explaining that game.

Like I said, I know he can google it and stuff, but writing a simple help file just like they wrote one for the other 29 games isn't hard.
I know explaining every move and strategy is hard, but I just don't know, it felt wrong when I didn't see a help file for poor chess.
As for the bots, hmm, are you talking about a bot that is able to use ML?
That's a real CPU hungry AI.

connor142 wrote:

hi, if you want to play chess and learn it at the same time I suggest you do accessible chess tutor, bg chess challenge, or you can even buy the k chess advanced or elite games if you're up for that.

Yeah I know, there are also free courses online and what not, but if I don't write a help file expecting everyone to know the rules and they should learn the game somewhere else, I guess this can apply to all the other games right?
One can search for how to play uno, or how to play little exam, etc etc, so why writing for those and not for chess.
Look, I am not saying play room is bad or anything, in fact, in these days, I come there almost everyday to play, I like the platform and the games even though I don't know how to play all of them, it's just that I want the game to be at its best.

2018-04-11 21:58:26

I would however like to point out that rules for all games are not posted and chess is not alone. The same goes for monopoly and battleship, simply because as I said they are very common. You effectively cannot google how to play uno because playroom has additional rules available, and that is the case for quite a lot of games. Even on the French side there are no rules for chess or battleship.

2018-04-12 04:58:15

@connor the question of game removal comes up every few years. There was a time we started removing no longer available games, accept then they started coming back, indeed I remember having to rewrite the page for chicken killer, and now of course with the audiogame archive that sort of thing is more than likely, even as regards demo versions of previously commercial games that can't be bought anymore like rail racer, look at the changing state of the bsc titles.

This is true even of online games, heck Alien adoption agency was gone for more than three years then suddenly made a comeback in I believe 2014 thanks to a facebook campaign.

Plus of course, even for the likes of Allinplay that can't be hosted on the archive and probably won't be coming back, its still good to have a reference guide available so that when the games get discussed people know what is being talked about.

its odd about instructions and the Quentin C playroom, since usually I attempt to give some small overview of a game in my description on each page as i have done with the page for Rs client or Huboodle. however, Nocturnus who I believe first created the Quentin C entry linked to wikipedia and other resources instead.
This was actually quite funny, because originally I started writing a gamelist, then suddenly noticed there already was one, and rather than tearing everything down I just decided to continue with what had been done before, particularly since I confess I've never been on the Quentin C playroom myself, ---- though as I do enjoy trick  card games like hearts, whist  and spades and Quentin C seems to have several I might  stick my noggin around the door at some stage, actually bouillabaisse sounds rather interesting (and I thought it was a french stew with Shellfish big_smile).

Oh, and if your looking for instructions on how to play chess, the Kchess elite page from Arcangle software has a great overview of the rules, complete with a glossery and some basic stratogy ideas find it here

The one game I've always wanted to learn to play is Bridge, but while there did used to be a vaguely accessible bridge program called Bridge barron I have no idea what happened to it at all. Last I checked there were a hole bunch of different versions and variants and I wasn't sure if it was still accessible, indeed I believe the original bridge barron was only accessible via jaws scripts anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-27 17:09:32

Still no news entry for Swamp?

2018-04-27 18:09:55

what about swamp? Its still there isn't it?

2018-04-28 18:30:00

I was expecting Aprone to announce the news about that one himself, I've been horribly busy over  past few days, which is exactly why we have multiple news posters.

2018-04-30 23:28:04

Hi all and welcome to my 200 subs special.
I have a surprise for you guys which is basicly a channel where I existing instrumentals edit and improve.
You can always leave a comment on that channel with which instrumental you want to see my eddit.
The channel trailer is going to be uploaded tomorrow, so it would be nice if you can subscribe before I upload.
The link to the channel is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChvKaw … subscriber
The link to the video where I explain everything on my audiogame channel is: https://youtu.be/U9WGImOw_d4
I hope to see you there and I hope you bring your friends with you because who doesn't like music.

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2018-06-25 16:52:51

Wow, looks like somebody's been hard at work! I've been rather curious about Second Life for the past several years. A former supervisor and colleague told me that SL might help me out with independent travel. I've been unable to install Radegast on my Mac for some reason. Guess I'll go looking on here then as well.