2018-04-11 11:39:11

Hello. Can any give me a good mud games with lot of quests and with rich story. i know for frandum. Now i try to play elisium rpg, game is good, and problem is  map is not accessible for us.

2018-04-11 12:09:40

Have you tried alter?
I don't know how many quests are there exactly, but I am almost sure it's not a small number.

2018-04-11 12:19:39

Hmm alter is for my opinion soo i can not find proper word to describe my opinion about this game, because english is not my native language.  Alter have only 4  classes thief, warrior, mage and cleric. I find some better, like aartwolf with lot of races, and lot of classes. And finaly with rich story, and lot of quests. Boring for me is to only collect exp and gain new levels. I like good storyes.

2018-04-11 12:27:48

Yeah, in alter you are not going into a general story, but each quest has its own story in a way.
I can agree about the classes thing.

2018-04-11 12:43:27

Actually alteraeon has six classes, warrior, mage, druid, thief, necromancer and cleric, and rather than just playing one of these you get to play all of them at once meaning you have more abilities etc to learn and play with than in most games.

As a huge fan of quests I'll also recommend Alteraeon, because while they aren't an ongoing story, many quests lead into other quests, or one quest line will involved several actions against a specific enemy or threat, usually the npcs are well written and lots of fun, indeed in my recent playing of alteraeon I never had to intentionally grind, -==== that is go to an area just to kill things for xp until I hit quite a high level since simply going along and doing all the many quests available got me what i needed to get and was huge amounts of fun.

As well as Alteraeon other games with many quests i know include 4 dimensions (though bare in mind that one has some very hard puzzles like Frandom), and classic six dragons which has some wonderful quests as well as many races and an interesting world to explore.

If you enjoy Aardwolf, I would also recommend Erion, since that has imho better run quests and activities, though it still works on a slightly random basis. Plus it has several different classes to play, i just wish progression was a little quicker.

There is also Cyber assault which has many quests, though I was personally less keen on that game over all.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-11 12:49:54

hmm erion mud i will try this game. I played similar mud like ciberassauld it is nuclear war. But it is not propperly accessible.

2018-04-11 14:09:55 (edited by JasonBlaze 2018-04-11 14:11:05)

hmm, luminari, maybe? , or squaresoft

2018-04-11 14:32:11

hi, purely in terms of quests I would also recommend alter. AT its core it does seam like a hack and slash but many of the areas and quests you play through are actually very interesting to see, and the first quest chain that kicks off in the newbie encampment actually takes you to level 20 at least, and through the first two major islands, probably further than that. Not to mention in alter you're actually pretty flexible when it comes to player styles, since you level up in all of the six available classes. They do each have their own play style, for instance as a warrior you'll focus on battle combos and getting powerful weapons and protective armor, while as a necro your main thing to worry about is minions and such, plus there's a lot of ways to gain xp and advance besides monster bashing. For instance if you aquire the right skills you can mine, fish, do leathercrafting and other crafting activities, then there's brewing potions if you're a mage, salves for clerics, poisons for thieves and such, maybe bow making and fletury too if I remember correctly, all of those things are ways to advance. Plus if you find that you don't like a particular play style you can spend credits to get a new set of stats so you don't have to train them up yourself to try something different.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-04-11 14:41:24

I don't know about other neuclear war muds but cyber asault is accessible, albeit quick, it even has its own client and soundpack which you can find out about in the db.

Luminary I've heard good things about in terms of its quests but I've not played, though I fully agree with conner about Alteraeon, indeed I need to get back to the game myself as I have more quests to do on arcase.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)