2018-04-04 21:13:27

I am thinking about setting up PGP here on my end so that I can have the option of encrypting email before sending. Of course, this means that the receiver of said email would also need to have PGP and I would need to have their public key. I have outlook here on my PC grabbing my email from Gmail via POP3. Part of my problem is how do you create the key when you are a JAWS user? I have not really looked into setting it up yet. I have not even went out and grabbed PGP yet. I, pretty much, always assumed that email was and is not private while in transit meaning that every server along the line could read it if desired. Pretty much everyone I email assume the same thing.
While we are at it, let’s go on and talk about good messaging apps that has good encryption as its’ top priority. Note, I message does not meet this requirement seeing that all the key generation and the like is sort of all in apple’s hands. I do not really care if apple stores the key on the IOS device seeing that any device that is logged into your account can receive your message in I Message. Accessibility matters.
Basically, I figure that sense facebook has made the news with how public tits’ user’s data really is, it is time to talk about this. While on the subject of facebook and the like, I do wonder how many realize how public some info really is. Things like: info from Text messages that are basicly sent in the clear over the phone networks to what people  are willing to share on facebook to what can be gotten from hacking, and ETc should be major reasons why I personly think that something like PGP should be thought about for at least some computer users.
Any thoughts? I am assuming that Usability is a major problem here. Yes, I am thinking about setting up PGP.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-04-04 22:16:27

I encrypt my messages with openssl and send them that way. Openssl is available on practicly every linux distro and its a zip download for windows.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-04-05 02:32:11

https://protonmail.com
If you want secure email, you could do worse than to start there. The advantages of PGP, and you don't have to do all the work.

2018-04-08 22:53:01

I do use Cleopatra for managing PGP keys, if you need help with it I can write a specific guide about it some time.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-04-09 02:12:18

A guide on it would be helpful some time. It is just one of those times when I am thinking up some kind of encrypted communications that would be just useful enough to drive the NSA or the CIA and or ETC up the wall. I have heard of protonmail. Sounds interesting. It would be one thing to think about for sure. I will need to go and bring the site up from here, but the one advantage of doing PGP on my own computer is the fact that I can give out a public key. Now that is something that I am not too sure about sense I do not fully understand the math and or code behind it. I sort of get the idea, but most of the time, I would give the key for decryption via other means and it would be the same as the key I used for encrypting if I was not using the system that PGP uses. As I understand it though, PGP allows you to use one key for decrypting and another for encrypting. Yes I do want to play around with this kind of stuff, and I would like to really have stuff private on the net for a change, I most likely will be thankful. For those who think I am crazy here, look at what facebook did with the data you willingly gave them. Yes, I, for the most part, assumed that that info that I gave would be public, but still. That, of course means that I cannot use facebook messenger and or whats app if I wish to have a chat over the net privately. As for email, unless action from the sender and receiver is taking, that is pretty much in the clear too in case anyone cares. LOL. Most of the time, most everyone in the chain of communication probably do not care what messages you send to who. Of course, google wishes to show you ads like mores other free services on the net. That is common enough to be under stood that if you are not paying, then you are, sort of, the product. Just one of those things where I wonder how useful and how difficult it is to set something like this up seeing that most of the time I am not hiding anything because there really is not anything to hide.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral