2018-04-07 17:03:04

Hi all.

Recently been playing on the Choice of games story Redemption season.

The long awaited sequel has recently been released, and I was wanting to have another play through of the original before cracking the sequel open.

I've been trawling the internet for help with walkthroughs, but have so far come up empty handed.

I was wondering if anyone had access to a text version of the strategy guide for redemption season. If so, I'd really appreciate it if it could be posted, or if not, send to me via forum mail.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Kind regards

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2018-04-07 18:19:01

Hi, I have the text guides for Redemption Season. Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttpyof1g67vib … s.txt?dl=1
I also have text guides for The Hero Project and Hero Fall if you're interested.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-04-07 18:48:56

Thanks for this. I've already played Redemption Season and the new sequel. I'm very interested in the other text guides you mentioned. Maybe this will give me a reason to play the other games again.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2018-04-07 20:58:45

Okay, here's everything I've got. Inside are all the guides for The Hero Project, Hero Fall, and Redemption Season. Enjoy and don't forget to give me a thumbs up wink
https://www.dropbox.com/s/luhlps3bmtblu … e.txt?dl=1

2018-04-07 21:49:16

hay Archer, nice to see you kicking around here again.

@Lord Luceus thanks for the guides, I finished the original hero's rise  didn't do as well with the second game.
Out of interest, where did you find text walkthrus for the cog titles? I'd be interested to see some for games I've finished just to see how to get different paths.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-07 22:09:38

I got these directly from the author of Heroes Rise. I saw these guides on Facebook but they were in pictures, so I emailed him and asked for the guides in text.

2018-04-08 12:07:56 (edited by archer 2018-04-08 12:25:13)

Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Loved playing all of the hero rise COG games, but always hated how certain paths weren't immediately obvious. You try to play the path of say a true hero, and end up being a floater despite your best efforts.

So far I've completed the original trilogy fairly successfully, managing to reach the top legend level of 100, and wanted to see if I could do a similar job at beating redemption season.

I also had the same problem with my initial online searches. After looking through more than a few websites, I found the strategy guide page on facebook, only to find that the guides were in pictures. Insanity.

Thanks for the links LordLuceus. Already checked out the redemption season strat guides, but they seem to give instructions on romances and some choices rather than as with the hero project guide giving clear instructions on how to say play as a true hero.

Do you have any guides like that? if not, can you send the creator's e-mail address to me via forum mail? I can contact him and ask directly.

Thanks

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2018-04-08 14:06:34

As far as I recall (haven't played the game in a while), there are no paths like "true hero" and such in Redemption Season. However, in that file I linked to, you can find a few things that help you develop your character in various ways. They're under the heading "MC Evolution". Of course, you can always email them and ask. The email is heroesrise at gmail dot com. If you get anything new, please post it here.

2018-04-08 21:55:50

Hello Guys,

I just recently stumbled on to this particular topic, so I am very new to this one. What games are these that you're talking about, and how might I get hold of them? Are they RPG's or some other type of adventure games? These sound awesome, and I'd love to give them a shot.

Thanks

2018-04-08 22:29:15

They are part of the massive collection of gamebook sstyle adventure games under the Choice of games banner, see here for the db page

these are interactive stories with stat elements where you make choices about what happens. There are lots available, and all are accessible. They can be played on Ios (how I play them myself), on google play, or directly on the website over on www.choiceofgames.com, ----- oh and on steam if you really care.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-08 23:08:26

Thanks. I'll be sure to give it a look. Sounds like a lot of fun.