2018-04-06 02:27:26

Hi. We're trying to deploy a teamtalk server on a free-bsd installation, but I have yet to find a Teamtalk package for free-bsd. Any other free-bsd users know how to go about this?

2018-04-06 06:20:40

There isn't one, and you won't be able to make a native TT for FreeBSD unless you can pay the dev like $2000 or so for the source code... ahem... nevermind. Anyway, you can execute TT by running, as root:
kldload linux linux64
This will load the 32-bit and 64-bit linux modules, allowing you to run apps compiled for Linux. You might need some extra emulation packages -- you'll find these in the ports collection. After linux and linux64 are loaded, running ./tt5srv should launch it perfectly.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-04-06 14:15:35 (edited by jack 2018-04-06 14:15:57)

The extra packages that you refer to, is it ld-linux-x86-x64.so2? If so, one that's the error I get when runnning ./tt5srv -wizard after launching the linux x86 and x64 modules. And two, I have the entire ports collection extracted.

2018-04-06 15:03:53

No, that's not it. The extra packages are under /usr/ports/emulators, I think. They go by centos*- something. So you'd do:
make search name="centos7"
Or
make search key="centos7"
for example

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-04-06 17:07:51

That being said it's off to download the teamtalk server package for centos7 then.