2018-04-06 02:15:11

Hello guys!
Hello guys!
I tried activating the option to enter an IP in the cisco Packet Tracer with NVDA 2017.3, but got no results.
I tried to use space and enter keys, use the screen review, and even clicks with the fisical mouse, but nothing happened.
Anyone have any solution?I tried enabling the option to enter an IP in the cisco Packet Tracer with the NVDA 2017.3, but got no results.
I tried to use space and enter, use the exploration screen, and even clicks with the mouse physical, but nothing happened.
Anyone have any solution?

2018-04-06 06:04:36

Um, fucked up google translate anyone?
You clicked with the mouse fisical, that sounds, um...
About the packet traser, never herd of it, but maybe the reason it does nothing is because the site and or packets are encrypted, or there’s just no packets to get. Both are likely.

2018-04-06 06:08:24

Also this should probably be in developers room.

2018-04-06 06:17:55

No, this should not be in the developer room. Cisco Packet Tracer is not a tool for software development; it is a router/switch/VLAN simulation tool written by Cisco for their CCNA/CCNP/CCIE courses. I've never gotten Cisco Packet Tracer to work at all; it uses QT and the way they use QT makes it rather difficult to use. I've found Cisco's VIRL (virtual internet routing lab) to be a much better alternative, though it can be kinda confusing to get used to.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-04-06 06:52:39

You probably won't get Packet Tracer to play nicely either. It was required to get me through college, and was no fun to use with a screenreader. Hell, half the time the thing crashed if I didn't make the screenreader take a nap first.

I've never heard of VIRL. Is it any good? What does Packet Tracer do that VIRL doesn't?

2018-04-06 15:10:39

@quanin, oh, it crashed a lot for me too. Never figured out why, though! VIRL is basically this full-on virtual server that allows you to set up virtual routers and switches in pretty much any configuration you like. I have no idea why Cisco doesn't recommend it in their courses; I've found that it can pretty much do most, if not all, of what packet tracer can do, plus more. I shutdown my instance though -- its $200.00 for the initial license, then I set up my instance on Packet, which was an additional $37.00 or so.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-04-06 16:09:37

Hello guys!
My teacher asked if the programms eve-ng and gns are accessible?

2018-04-08 12:44:15

@Ethin: Hey neat. I hadn't even heard of Packet until I saw this. Crazy. Also, isn't VIRL essentially like its own OS? So how would that be accessible to a Blindy McBlinderson? I mean you either need to shove it in a VMware or blow away your current OS to install it, so that can potentially be problematic, no? Also there's a very good reason Cisco doesn't recommend this for actual, honest to god production labs or student environments. The thing's a beast just to run 15 nnodes, and with the specs on most students' laptops these days they'd hit the floor. I recall somewhere reading for best results, at least 16 GB RAM on a core i7. You're not getting that with your student loan money.

@Diego: Don't count on it.

2018-04-09 05:32:22

@quanin, Oh, I know. But schools could aford it in the educational environment. Also, no, you wouldn't need to blow away any OSes at all. If you use VIRL with Packet (yes, you can do that, there are detailed instructions available online) you can set up your own VIRL server with them with the web interface and all, and can SSH into it and then,through hat SSH connection, SSH into your router or switch.

My Github