2018-03-27 21:36:47

Hello everyone. Does anyone know of a sapi4 dll to use with bgt?
Thanks.
T-m

2018-03-27 22:32:18

I doubt BGT could use it, its library support is very basic.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-28 04:45:22

Might I also ask that people [stop] using BGT and actually start doing the hard work most programmers do for a change? BGT is not helping audio game evolution -- its hindering it. So please, please stop using BGT and leave it to rest in the graveyard of abandonware!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-28 14:30:51

Might I also ask that you stop cluttering topics with this sort of nonconstructive feedback whenever someone inquires about BGT? I'm fairly certain most everyone understands that it has it's limitations, or at least most everyone who has attempted adding features such as this. Nothing learned here.

In regard to the topic at hand, I don't think the COM interface is accessible with BGT. However I'm sure you could throw a DLL together exporting the needed functions.
Have a look at PureTTS, that might work.

2018-03-28 15:33:49

What is PureTTS?

2018-03-28 15:49:48

Its an add-on library in PureBASIC that allows you to use TTS. (Problem with that is you'd need to learn PureBASIC to export the DLL. And you'd need to pay for PureBASIC....)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-04-02 02:53:06

there is a sourceforge dll called sapidll that will let you do sapi4 and 5, it's a delphy export, but I have run into issues with both an ansi version of pure tts somebody exported for me and sapidll, where the speech will just cut itself off. Maybe I just didn't implement it right but this is yet another pitfall of the dll support. If you wanna have sapi4 in a game, hey, that's cool, why not? If you're trying to make some sort of utility, even I have to say don't use bgt for that. If you want to be like what I did and build a tts app or whatever, autoit is easy to learn, has great dll support, and can interact with COM directly.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-04-16 22:49:15

Me and my uncle are trying pure tts. So far there's a problem with getting sapi4 to speak without getting stuck in a while loop. This is because you need to show a pure basic window while it is speaking and it's hard to implement ways of stopping the speech while it is talking. But this is a start. And i wont stop using bgt in the near future.