2018-02-24 02:03:03

Hi all,

I'm currently working with Java 8 and NVDA on Windows 10 using powerShell.  When it comes to working with the JOptionPane package, NVDA will not read any dialog box, whether it is an input or a message dialog box.

NVDA simply does not read output from programs using these methods.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Luke

Mass in E flat, Op. 109 'Cantus Missæ' is one of my most favorite choral pieces ever.

Come listen to the Heinz Chapel Choir's excellent performance of Kyrie!

2018-02-24 04:31:24

You need to install the Java Access Bridge. Make sure you've installed both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of have as well as the 32-and 64-bit versions of the JAB.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

2018-03-24 15:40:14

If you're running Windows 10, you can enable the Java Access Bridge as Ethin mentioned easily. Go into Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Use the computer without a display. Then check the box that says Enable Java Access Bridge. You might need to restart your screen reader after you do this. Java applications should read properly now.

Thumbs up

2018-03-25 16:39:46

Not even that. Java's default UI library is just so not accessible. A much better alternative, written in java, is the SWT framework (which the IDE eclipse is build on). You can read more about that here, if you want: https://www.eclipse.org/swt/
- NicklasMCHD

I'm me. Just me. No one else. Only meeee!

Thumbs up