2018-03-10 13:08:47

Not really. Looting over time though will get you better items as I believe things scale with you as you go though I can't be entirely sure.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-03-11 01:53:06

@1685
I can't tell you where all the wolf dens are, but their's one in front of and behind the bridge.

2018-03-16 20:21:40

Hi Joseph,
About a week ago, I emailed
[email protected]
with a bug concerning saved games not loading.
Since then, I am waiting for an answer to that E-Mail.
Please at least tell me if you got the E-Mail or not.

Thanks,

Julian

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-03-17 09:59:04

I've found something which may be considered as a bug. Here's how I reproduced it:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
I picked up the ranger's journal.
didn't read it and proceeded, having Gwen burn the blockage.
I found another journal.
I first read Duncan's Journal, then Ranger's journal after defeating the gardians at the core.
Since I've already found Duncan, reading Ranger's Journal did not trigger the "Brothers keeper" quest. I think I've permanently broke the quest flag. Since I've already found Duncan, it should be complete instantly under that context in my opinion.
I really appreciate if Joseph or other developers could give us some pro-tips about this.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-03-17 16:02:58 (edited by defender 2018-03-17 16:08:49)

Joseph/Ian, can either of you guys give any sort of estimate on the release of the next update?
I haven't really heard anything for several weeks and these late email response posts are starting to pile up.
Getting kind of worried...

The honest PR was something that I think the community really respected throughout the process, and I'd like to see it come back.
Obviously things will naturally slow down after the major bugs have gotten worked out, but we're still not done even if the progress has been impressive.

If it's something more selfish, such as wanting to spend more time with your family after working so hard for so long, then don't worry about it. As seen with Aprone, most community members that are worth listening to will be very understanding anyway.
Just try to give us a tentative continuation date if you can, and don't lead us on, otherwise people will naturally become impatient after a while.

2018-03-18 08:40:52

Hi everyone

I have completed the following quests:
pilgrim's progress
a balancing act
laying down the law
betrayed
brother's keeper
getting at the heart
you can lead a horse to water
the good shepherd
stolen from the rich
time in a bottle
finding the founders
who framed rogar ragherk
the sweet smell of success
tools of the traide
test your metal
supply lines
a house devided
no rest for the wicked
family legacy
trouble sleeping
horse power
strange bed fellows
predators and pray
the exterminator
ancient evil
a heroe's call
the ties that bind
an offer of aid
reunited
haunted by the past
the goblin king and I
business as usual
the slayer
actually love
If I am missing one, oculd someone please tell me what it is and how to trigger it? Thanks

2018-03-18 09:31:19

Hello.

I've contacted Joseph about a month or so ago giving my save file that he asked for because of a bug that has happened in my copy of A heros call.

I emailed him about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back.

It's not a huge amount of money but i'm thinking of asking for a refund.

The game is good but if I can't play it and haven't got a response about the bug and it's been a month or so, is there any point in having the game?

I know joseph is on here so hopefully he sees this and we can go from there.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-03-18 12:17:13

Well I also sent some bugs 2 or 3 weeks ago but haven't got any answers. But well I wanted to know that I feel like I have found all of the wolf dens because I am not able to find any more and that quest is not updating. I also wanted to ask that are plateaus also the ones which have to be marked on the map for  laying down the law quest?
Spoilers
@1,706, The ones which are not their are,
Supply lines and changing of the guard and how did you trigger those quests called the slayer and betrayed?
To triggger supply lines go and talk to the person in the general store and for changing of the guard talk to will home after releasing him sorry for the wrong spelling. And sorry for such a big post! lol

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2018-03-18 14:08:41

Hi,
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
To get the quest updated, you have to find Jonathan (or whatever his Name was) the hunter who gave you the quest and talk to him.
End of Spoiler!

Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-03-18 15:52:01

keep in mind some find these bugs, and some just don't happen for others I'm guessing it's a lot of work to figure out what's causing them. so that could very well be part of it.

2018-03-18 17:00:44

Jonathan is saying that there are more to clear but I don't know where are they or should I say I can't see them. Is it a bug?

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore

2018-03-18 19:16:58

Hi,
@VAlmorian: I know that, but that's not an excuse for not answering to E-Mails with something like "The bug is being looked in to"

Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-03-18 20:14:40 (edited by defender 2018-03-18 20:17:00)

Agreed with 1712, communication is key, pretty much everything else is understandable.
And I would hate to be one of the unlucky people who's purchase was significantly impacted by these bugs, getting nothing back in terms of answers with any real substance.

2018-03-19 05:59:43

Hello.

I completely understand that bugs are hard to fix. That's why I put my post out here.

Keep in mind that people have lives and things to do within those lives. That could be another reason why Joseph hasnt gotten back to me yet.

2018-03-19 09:08:11

@1,714, I think that you're right.

2018-03-19 10:29:15

@1,708

To trigger slayer, talk to hope in the graveyard and to trigger betrayed, talk to Lord Adrianus after compleeting all three areas.

2018-03-19 10:32:22

WOOOO! Thanks!

2018-03-20 00:28:16

Hello all
I have afue questions:
1. Can I go to the grate stone bay city? sorry for speling it rong)
2. Please could someone tell me where is all the bandet ambush site?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2018-03-20 00:52:05

sorry if this question has been answered in a previous post, but where can i find a dragon to fight? i have completed the game and have looked all over and no dragon has ever popped up for me.

also, i have one quest left that is giving me trouble. i'm suppose to clear out all the bandit campsites in the forest and i've cleared out at least six maybe seven and cannot find the last one.

i have cleared out the bandit site shallow east of the North south road
the site somewhat on the corner of north south road and east west road
the site at the far east side of east west road
the site deeper on the far east and south quadrant of the map.
the site far north and east on the map that is south of the north bridge.
and the site north of the north bridge to the far east where the alpha wolf was

so far i have not found any camp sites on the west side of the north south road or north of the east west road befor the north bridge. also, no sites on the western part north of the north bridge. are there any in this locations? or does anyone know where the missing campsite is that im missing? i appreciate the help.

Kodanna

2018-03-21 19:37:08

true but I'm guessin people would get equally upset if every email someone sent out was the bug is being worked on, or we're fixing that particularly sending it out like 50 times for each person that reports a bug

2018-03-23 05:28:50

Wait wait wait, when you reach the level 60 fighting with the last boss easy? I will try that.

2018-03-23 11:20:17

@1,720, Do you mean that you will go to level 60 and then fight the boss?

2018-03-24 19:26:45

Hi all,

I will (hopefully) be catching up with posts on this thread in the not-too-distant future. At present, I haven't read anything since my last post—but I wanted to provide an explanation for why I've been so unresponsive. Ordinarily I'd just say "Things have been busy" but I want you all to know that I don't take the responsibility to provide support for AHC players lightly.

Unfortunately, I recently got hit with a triple-whammy. For those who don't know, my day job is serving on church staff as a worship minister. Recently, a young man who I grew up with, and who played guitar with our praise band, was killed in a car crash on his way home from band rehearsal. While the event was traumatic enough in its own right, the nature of my job also meant I was heavily involved in planning and leading various elements of the funeral and memorial service. This was tremendously taxing, and honestly I spent a bit of time afterward in a mild depression and simply didn't want to do anything, least of all deal with technical support or work on pushing out game updates. For my own sake, I needed to take some time to rest and heal.

Well, slowly and steadily life gets back to normal...unfortunately in this case, that tragedy came right before two other sources of stress and drains on my time: the end of a school term, which is always intense but was worse this year because, thanks to the aforementioned circumstance, I was pretty behind by the time finals week rolled around and really had to dig in deep to get everything done. Now that finals are done, I'm coming up on Easter, which is one of the two busiest times of the year for me at work, meaning last week and this coming week are pretty much consumed by work obligations.

And of course, the other members of OOSG had their own crazy situations to deal with in the meantime. So, here we are. My life is definitely looking more manageable now, and with Easter just a week away, things will be back to normal soon, barring any other unexpected catastrophes. You can expect more regular responses to emails and a better Twitter presence and, once I get my feet back under me a bit more, more regular responses to forum posts as well.

In the meantime, I have a pretty significant announcement to make regarding Out of Sight Games, but I will save that for another topic. As always, thank you to all the awesome players who continue to support us and encourage us, even when we let you down or make you wait.

Gratefully yours,

~ Joseph

2018-03-24 19:45:54

Hello.

Having just read Josephs post and received an email from him about the bug, I'm glad to say that from what I understand, this kind of thing will not happen again.

I, personally, will be removeing A heros' call from my laptop due to me not having much pacience and there not being anything that can be done about my save file.

It's a great game. I just don't have the pacience to go through it again.

2018-03-24 22:04:39

@Brad that's a real shame, i'm sorry to hear its been such a rough time of it on you. I had a hell of a time with entombed, and can really feel your pain.

Joseph, I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and you guys will be in our prayers here. I won't go into the restorative power of God's grace, but I can sense you're feeling that. Also know we're pulling for you and am glad you're getting back to more enjoyable things in life.
smile

Looking forward to this as you have me seriously curious about this big announcement about Out Of sight. I do hope its good news, and not anything else.

Be well.