2018-03-19 08:32:39

Greetings.

I have just recently bought A hero's call.
I am very satisfied with it, it is way better than any other accessable game of it's type.
(at least from those I played so far)
However, as it usually happens to me, I have a question regarding it.
Nothing serious, just...how the hell can I rest, aka sleep in the game?

There is no option for resting, which wouldn't be that bad, but I cannot rest, or rent a room to sleep in even in the tavern.
The tavern-keeper NPC keeps asking me if I need a room for a night when I talk to it, but I have no alternative among my replies for asking or paying for a room.
The same is with that Susan NPC there, the barmaid, or whoever she is.

So I do need a rest badly, due my party-member being quite seriously wounded, and don't wish to waste my healing potions, normally some sleep should regenerate our health to maximum, at least I hope it works that way, but I don't seem to be able to find a way how to do it.

Any advices/suggestions?

(I even tried the temple, but we don't seem to be seriously enough wounded for its priest, so he is not willing to heal us either)

2018-03-19 09:26:26 (edited by vaibhavbhandari 2018-03-19 09:28:49)

No you can't sleep in that game. The temple chapple will only get your party to full health when one of your members will die.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2018-03-19 11:20:29

Ok, thanks, I usually like to play games on hard difficulty levels, so now I guess I got what I wanted, LOL!

2018-03-19 12:58:46

you can restore hp  using healing spells,like hands of healing,healing light,healing rain

2018-03-19 13:14:52

Yeh after you get them.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore

2018-03-19 14:14:24 (edited by pmartin 2018-03-19 14:21:43)

i'm a little surprised nobody's mentioned the following: There is a quick way to restore full mana and stamina, health not being touched. Mull that one over in your party's room. Also, just moving around slowly restores those 2 variables, but they'll not be restored during actual battle barring a few exceptions. Think of this last bit as catching your breath after fighting. For restoring health, there's always the potions or spells, and there's even a couple holy alters scattered around if someone needs bringing back from absolute 0.

2018-03-19 21:20:23

I found a bed in the suers where you can actualy sleep on. Just enter the suers from the forest and look around. Its there. Hint: When you enter the forrest through the north gate head east.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-03-19 23:36:58

Yup, be prepared to carry around a lot of potions.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-03-21 03:06:07

Thanks for all the hints and suggestions!
The problem is, I usually lack of gold for potions, can barely buy 2-3 of them, spent my initial gold on armor and shield, and the battles are quite hard, I get more and more wounded after each, not to mention my AI compaignon...

And since I play a warrior, (like I usually do in fantasy RPGs), I doubt I will become able to cast too many healing spells...so yes, the altairs you have mentioned remain.

(done 2-3 quests too, but those damn AIs never payed me with gold, despite playing the role of a quite greedy hero)

2018-03-21 03:58:39

I can occasionally find a few potions in town, on some shelves, desks...but that is still not enough to survive more than a couple of fights, so yes, I am progressing quite slowly.

Actually I did only parts of some quests so far, so maybe that's why I haven't got any cash-rewards yet.
(as usual, I am mostly randomly exploring around, so no wonder I have earned no rewards by now...for example tried that mine-quest, but already after the 2nd fight, with some goblins, my compaignon got so badly injured I had to retreat...

So yes, a rough start for me, but hey, I wanted a hard game, so I got one now!

2018-03-21 04:07:06

The graveyard is full of graves to loot. The stuff at low levels is really cheap, but all of it can be sold, and you'll get some healing potions too. There are also some corpses on the north road in the forest you can loot for free stuff. Plus all the houses and stuff in town itself, and at least with those, there's no chance of getting jumped by any critters, living or...not living. Heh.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-03-21 09:38:11

Yeh the way you should do is that you should sell items also. You should sell those items which you don't need.

2018-03-21 13:52:22

Yeah, that's what I haven't took time for yet, looting houses inside the town, many thanks!
I only recently realized selling goes with tab, and I don't have much things to sell either, but yeah, the graveyard and corpse looting is a good idea too, there should be stuff worth to sell for sure.

2018-03-21 14:08:53

Oh, am I able to actually give stuff to my party-members?
Weapons, armor, potions...or at least to equip them?
Or any other suggestion for healing them for example?
(when not in battle of course)

2018-03-21 17:46:12

Looting and selling loot is your friend in this game. You'll soon have more gold than you know what to do with. smile

You can equip your party by pressing CTRL + e. Once in that menu, tab to switch between party members. I believe you can also access that menu by pressing tab at any time in the game. That will present you with several options that will be useful. For example, talk to your party members, get character details such as current attributes, skill descriptions, and other stats. There's also an option to use skills. Certain skills are available outside of battle. That includes healing and recovering mana or stamina points. Of course, provided you have the characters with those skills.

2018-03-22 01:10:16

Ah yes, I figured that out only today, LOL!
They forgot to mention in the manual html file, that tab cycles between party members inside the equipment menu too.

Btw I am doing better now, found or looted many things to sell, have better armor, and more health-potions, so I guess the real fun will yet start for me!

Thanks for all your instructions and hints!

2018-03-22 20:10:03

Yeah, it's going quite well now, 3 party-members, level 5, getting more money and loot to sell, winning fights more easily...
(plus I got totally familiar with the orientation too, along with how sound-alerts actually work during it)

Yes, it is indeed a very good and interesting game, way worth its price!

2018-03-23 01:20:39

Yup, selling is your friend since you'll rarely win gold from enemies the way you might in other RPG's. The exception to this is generally bandits and occasionally Goblins. More often than not they'll drop loot for you to sell but not always. Sometimes they'll even drop potions, though I've noticed Goblins seem to drop poison more often than not. I personally have never found poisons all that useful but that's just my observation.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-03-24 23:38:35

I agree with your oppinion about poisons.

And, since I have a healer in my party now, I have no more worries to heal my party after fights, I need healing potions only during battles, when I wish to avoid "sacrificing" the healer's turn in combat.

Plus, since the healer can regain, recharge her mana with a single skill, which takes only a second, (when not in combat), she is always able to totally cure the whole party of their wounds, and still recharge her mana to maximum after doing so.

Actually, the game  is becoming too easy for my taste now, LOL!

2019-10-16 06:53:51

In A Hero's Call, can you cast healing spells outside of battle?  How?

Also, how do you check mana and health outside of battle?  The guide says H for health but that doesn't seem to work.

2019-10-17 02:44:21

OK, I can partially answer my own question.  I figured out that the TAB key gets me into menus where I can check health and mana.  Clumsy but it works.  It has a section for USE SKILLS but when I tried to cast a healing spell nothing happened.  Is that just how the game works?
    That is weird to me as my intro to RPG's many years ago was D&D and clerics did most all there healing after fights.

2019-10-17 04:11:48

Hi:

The number keys give you your stats: 1 for health, 2 for stamina or mana I believe, and so on. Press ctrl and  U to get to the use skills menu. Ctrl i takes you to the inventory.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134