2018-03-19 03:24:55

I posted this before, but I fixed a couple bugs and made it less picky about the sounds.
https://sendspace.com/file/m8vvw9
Contrary to what I found in the recording, it is supposed to play step-sounds if you set a terrain key; I just tried it on one that it couldn't find. It looks for those in jq3dsounds/steps/<terrain>/run*.wav, where * is a number between 1 and... I forget. 1 and 9?

Remembering that this is only proof of concept, and the format it uses is not compatible with anything else at present, here are some commands:

• Use arrow keys to move the cursor, and pg up / pg down to move Z-wise.

• You can adjust the distance the cursor moves with ctrl+up and ctrl+down.

• Press m to set a mark. To return to the mark later, hold shift and press m.

• To cycle among objects, use tab and shift+tab. Press escape to exit the selection.

• To select the object at the cursor, press enter. If there are multiple, overlapping objects, pressing enter again should select the next in tab order, and so on. If you press enter while the last object at the cursor is selected, it will exit the selection.

• To create or edit a box, press b.

• To create or edit a sphere, hold shift, and press s.

• To create or edit a cylinder, press c. If you want the cylinder's ends to be capped like some kinda sausage, hold shift when pressing c.

• To create or edit a cone, press o. The truncation feature doesn't seem to be working correctly, so it's probably better to leave that at the default -1.

• To create or edit something which is totally not a mesh, press e. These are hard to explain, but they can have up to 3 2d shapes to define their bounds (1 for each 2d plane), and a point must lie inside all of the defined bounding shapes to lie inside the pseudomesh.

• I don't remember for sure, but I think you can set a bounds as a circle by pressing 1, and a rectangle by pressing 2.

• When you have selected the object containing the mesh, you can add verteces to a bounding polygon by pressing the spacebar. The vertex will be at the cursor position.

• I think backspace removes verteces, but not sure.

• For all of these pseudomesh commands, you can hold shift to make it affect the x-z bounds, or ctrl to affect the z-y bounds. Hold no modifiers for the x-y bounds.

• To save your work, press ctrl+s. To open it again later, press ctrl+o.

• You can add entries to an objects data dictionary by pressing a, while the object is selected. The default value in the key prompt is for terrain, iirc.

• I think you can drag objects by holding shift while moving the cursor, but I don't really remember.

I emphasize that this is just a concept demo, and is not fit for any bla bla etc. If you want to use models or scenes created with this thing in something, I can provide the specs on the format, and the geometry scripts, but that's about it.
My hope is that this, or something like it, can eventually support a more scenegraph-like structure, and that all the commands in the context menu can be availible, but I get this feeling that's not happening any time soon, so I thought I'd go ahead and share this as it currently is.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-03-19 10:37:38

I loved your little thing. I could never figure out meshes. But all in all grate program.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m