2018-03-16 21:12:14

Hello All.

her'es a game I love on IOS. "Traveler's quest"

I learned about this game on Applevis and have been playing it for about half a year now, but Traveler's quest is quite an entertaining game.

It is vaguely pirate themed, with players traveling about with treasure maps trying to find treasures both buried by other players and the computer.

Each real-world city has a treasure shop that covers about a radius of 25 miles, though there is overlap for small towns, for example I've been on vacation in Florida and two towns that were only 10 miles apart still registered as different places.  but you can buy treasure maps that will show you where buried treasure is within 25 miles of you (as in you can buy a map that shows you where one treasure is within 25 miles of you, you have to buy a map to each treasure separately.)

You also can detect treasures, which reveals all buried treasure within 5 miles that is at your detect level or lower. Detect level can be improved with Dubloons (real-world money) or gold (which is used for almost everything) almost everything in the game is purchaseable with both dubloons or gold. Using dubloons doesn't hurt your score as your amount of gold is a major part of your score, as is treasures you have in collections (not counting duplicates.)

You can pick up a treasure when you come within 1.5 miles of it, and how close you are to it determines a modifier for your score. If you are more than 1 mile away you get a score penalty, while if you are within a mile, you get a score bonus.You can also employ something called a magnet to draw all computer-created treasures half a mile closer to you but this costs about $10 US to do so I don't do it often.

also, keep your eye on your phone because every 2 hours you can spawn a bonus treasure! This treasure is a computer-created treasure and it spawns somewhere random within 5 miles of you. It is also invisible to everyone else for 30 days to give you a chance to find it, after that it is finders keepers. But there aren't a ton of players so where I am I don't consider myself threatened and even yesterday I was picking up Halloween 2017 treasures I spawned myself back in October, and I'm thinking Christmas is going to be with me until next Christmas, which is good as I'm still missing one of those treasures.

Don't be down if you get duplicates either. You can bury your treasures if you don't want to keep them in your collection. You get 10% of the treasure's value per day that it isn't found and you continue to get this gold payment until someone finds it. You can also increase your dig level to bury your treasures deeper, meaning fewer people will be able to auto-detect them or if they buy treasure maps to your stuff, they will have to pay you more. You can also  set a trap level which means based on your level in traps the players will have to pay a flat rate to you just to pick up treasures they find, though they can mitigate this with a disarm level. Also they can pay less for your buried treasure maps by having a good dig level.

The dig, disarm, and trap levels I haven't personally used because  there seems to be some issues with the shop page, even though they are purchasable with gold which I have a ton of.

There is also a feature called uber-detect which I don't know how to access or use other than the fact that having a higher detect level makes it better, I think it is some wide-ranging detect ability that has a larger radius depending on your detect level but am not sure.

Anyway, the game is very playable on an iphone 5S and I think maybe when I get my 8 in a few days I'll try and see if the newer model fixes anything. I'll let you guys know either way.

The world map comes in a lot of different varieties. You can't really figure direction with it but if you  use one of the settings, I don't remember which one, you can figure out major street names.

Also, there are tons of treasure collections that are universal, such as the Arabian Nights and the Fossilized collection, but there are lots of regional ones as well. For example I'm pretty sure the civil war collection is only available in the souther states, there is an America's Heartland collection which I mostly found where I am, and when I was just getting started, I checked their facebook page and found that they just had released an Oktoberfest collection that appears permanently but only in Bayern in Germany.

I'd love to hear from Dark or our other non-American players what they find.

You can also join ships, which are like teams and participate in global competitions for highest score each week, winning dubloons (I don't like pvp so don't participate.)

Also for those of you wanting to get the most from your buried treasures, you get 10% of their value if you bury them near where you found them, but the farther you move them from where you got them, the more money you get. For example, If I were to get one of those Oktoberfest items in Germany and then buried it in the States, I'd be making a killing each day. but there's some issues with scrolling from page to page so if you try to bury a treasure, you'll only be able to access the first one on your list of that type, so usually I say "to heck with it" and simply bury my dupes as soon as I find them.

The game uses GPS and eats battery, but that might partially also be due to my old phone. One thing I've found helpful as when you are in a city, keep the map open and when someone is driving, wait for it to vibrate. Then go back to the home screen and then to the map and quickly click on "red marker" and you'll have something. There's no speed cut-off like in pokemon go so you can use it on the highway but there's usually little buried there, though I've been surprised before.

And make sure you spawn as often as you can with those bonus treasures. Again, if the map is open it will vibrate if you get close enough to pick something up and in a car jump on it even if you take a score penalty because sometimes you'll only be within range for a few seconds if you're driving. When you open the map from the detect feature on the home screen you will always be referenced to the nearest treasure.

2018-03-16 23:00:43

It is an entertaining game and it is still updated.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77