2018-03-15 17:04:20

So I've been wanting to buy NHL18 for a few months now, but I am hesitant to do so until I can find out if it will be worthit.

So i guess the question is: How accessible is it at the moment, what features can I as a blind person use at this stage and most importantly, will I be able to play the game without sighted assistance?

Thanks in advance.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-03-15 17:25:20

I played it for a bit. It all depends what "accessible" means for you, because we all seem to have a different meaning of this word nowadays. If you know the sport of hockey, such as positioning, the rules, etc., it might suit you, and you will only need sighted assistance at first to learn the different menus. However, compared to nhl 2004 / nhl 09, for example, the commentator does not do a good job of telling you where you're positioned on the ice, so you kind of have to guess. If you can rent it to try it first, I'd suggest you to do that. As a hard core hockey fan though, I will stick to NHL 04 modded for a while, simply because it's cheaper, the menus are fully accessible with JAWS after you tweak settings, and the commentators are doing a better job overall to tell you who's carrying the puck as well as where you are on the ice.