2018-03-12 01:14:40

Just looking for a game where I can have some fun.
I do not want to change all my security settings.
I think someone should do a Red Spot cloan right, lol.
Make it work without modification and balance the power of the weapons.
Make it all steampunk themed and find some new awesome weapon sounds!
Put in Airships and you got yourself a great game!

2018-03-12 08:13:37

Hello, whoever you are. I've never seen you here before. A couple things for you.
First, it is not redspot that is griggering your windows defender, it is the BGT engine. I'd like to know who started that rumor. Someone must have written some kind of virus in BGT and been stupid enough to use it on someone. The victim reported it to Microsoft, so now windows defender thinks many bgt executables are viruses. My windows defender goes wild when I run crazy party on a new machine and I have to add an exclusion for the entire drive that it's on to get it to stop.
Second, you're talking like game development is something anyone can pick up and do just like that. Every published developer on this forum learned a programming language (yes folks, bgt is a real, all be it  not great, programming language). Just learning the language requires a gigantic effort. I'm in the process of learning python right now, and I can tell you, even simple scripts won't come easy to you at first. I've been at it basically non stop in my spare time for a couple weeks, and i'm just now getting to the point where I can write a basic battleship game. Mind you, not a battleship game that speaks and plays sounds in a pretty audiogame interface, no sir. A battleship game that you play in the command line by typing x, y to fire at a coordinate and receive a visual of the board in ascii showing you if you hit or missed. But even that took work, and if I asked most of you to write one for me right now you'd shrug helplessly and ask me what function to write first. I'd of course reply that you don't write a function first, you import other classes first, namely the random class so you can use it to generate random integers to place the ship. And that's just learning the language, and getting comfortable enough with it to know how to write it. It takes years of practice to learn all the intricacies of programming and write real revenue generating content. And you mentioned finding awesome weapon sounds and balancing the game, again like they're no big deal. Getting sounds, legally, costs money, and game balancing is a constant struggle for developers that huge game companies pay designers hundreds of stacks a year to get just right, and still not everyone's happy. I'm not saying any of this to show off my knowledge but merely to slam the point home that game development, just like anything worth doing, is not easy, and that's vastly understating it.

2018-03-12 13:45:14

As far as windows defender goes, it's fairly easy to solve anyway, I have a folder called audiogames on my harddrive which I've noted as an exception under Windows defender and everything I put there runs fine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-12 20:09:54

thank you all for the info.
I am aware that creating a game is probably one of the hardest things in the world.
I have tried to learn BGT and yes it is very complicated.
I did not mean to say that this is easy or that developers do not work hard.
I just thought I would toss the idea out there.
I know how hard you worked to create a basic game like that. Good to know you are learning programming.
Thanks all for telling me about the folder exclusion idea.  Do you make your downloads all land on that folder. I know how to exclude but as soon as my computer finishes downloading it deletes my files before I put them in an excluded folder.
have a good one and airships! for ever! lol

2018-03-12 20:29:46

@post 2 I have been teaching my self python and I will tell you thit is a chore.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-03-12 20:41:01

I wouldn't necessarily say that creating a game is the hardest thing in the world, and neither is learning a programming language. (I've never considered BGT a programming language because the file extension does say "BGT Script" and generally because it limits you seriously on what you can and can't do without DLLs, and the DLL interface is overly complicated). No, the hardest thing you'll ever do, and fail at unless you're super-ultra-determined, I think, is writing your own operating system from scratch. Yes, learning a programming language is a chore. Go learn C++ and then tell me if Python is Easy by comparison -- I think you'll agree that that's true. But the cool thing is once you learn a programming language like Python, you can migrate to others like C++ or (god forbid) raw C with not much effort, only having to learn new syntax rules and new concepts. C++ was my first programming language I ever learned and lots of others have come easy to me since then. smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-12 21:14:39

Funny Diegogaribay I've not had any games deleted instantly from downloads. A couple got stopped when I unzipped them or ran them, but not upon instant download.
maybe your computer's security is set too high?

I personally recommend going into "user account control" and turning the notification level down to zero, then you won't get programs like Crazy party constantly being blocked and once you've allowed an exclusion you should be okay.

Alternatively, you could add your downloads folder as an exception.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-12 21:34:02

When I download something, I never press the "save" button, but instead press arrow down on it to open the assotiated Sub menu and choose "save as". Then it'll never reach your download Folder.
Note that this works for Internet Explorer. Don't know about other Browsers.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2018-03-12 23:12:56

first, I'm completely dumb, when it comes to programming. I'm either too stupid, don't have enough encouragement, but so far, failed. yep, being honest is good for me. as for exclusions, just exclude the folder even though the EXE was deleted, and reextract, now that the folder is in the exclusions. now that that's done, you won't have an issue of the game being deleted.