2018-03-10 08:49:02

Hello everyone. Most of you haven't heard from me in a long time, but I have an important issue to discuss. Do you think Apple's HomePod is really worth the price? I most certainly don't. I've lost faith in Apple. They will have to change something soon, or the company is going to crumble.

You can't connect the dots looking forward.  You can only connect them looking backwards.

2018-03-10 14:00:27

A similar topic exists on AppleVis and like me, their general consensus is no. Most people already have an Amazon Echo or a Google Home, and most of those that don't, bawk at the more than twice the price Apple is asking for it.

2018-03-10 15:33:28

I don't. I was hoping that Siri would improve but was not surprised to see tha tit indeed is just how it was, perhaps even more limiting on the homepod. The sound may be great, and yes it does automatically adjust. But the home max also adjusts using smarsound, and, believe it or not, has slightly better sound than the homepod. I just have some die-hard Apple fans that aren't seeing the writing on the wall even after it's been talked about on twitter about the sound comparisons. Plus, here's one thing you can't argue with. Homepod only gives you the same damn 3 month trial of apple music that everyone else gets. You pya $400 for a home max and you're at least getting a year all-access pass for google play music, which includes ad-free youtube. What's more worth it is a given. In 2006, the iPod Hifi was laughably a failed product because of the fact that it was introduced long after iPods had ran their course, and just a year before the iPhone was introduced. Now here we are, only this time people are buying it because Apple technically has a lot to get behind with Apple music and siri and such. But of course the folks who insist on buying the whole Apple orchard as it were are not opening up to different options.

2018-03-10 20:19:59

Jack's right. Unless you're heavily invested in Apple's ecosystem, and only that, the Home Pod won't be a good use of your money. You'd be better off with an Echo, or google home. The one thing that would be nice is if the home pod could be used as an external speaker for a different device. We all know that Apple isn't going  to do that, because of their "remove features that everyone uses, early, and force people that use our products to go into the future philosophy." In the early 90s, apple removed the floppy drive from it's whole mac line up, and everyone reacted  in a very similer way to how we reacted with the iPhone 7 and the loss  of a head phone input jack. But, guess what? A few years later, hardly anyone was using floppy discs. I don't like the arigance Apple's playing, since, after Steve Jobs died, I think they have a wrong idea of what he wanted. His idea was that something should be simple, and like an appliance, but powerful, as well. These days, Apple's been going towards the simple, and expensive and forgetting the pro market that used to cling to them at a time, because their products were superior for music, graphics, and film.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-03-10 20:38:22

Agreed to everything said here. I think the Home Pod is a waste of money. Apple is trying to make the argument that it is supposed to be a music speaker. If that were true it would be able to work with other music services. Google Home for example can work with Google Music, Spotify, Pandora, I Heart Radio, and Tune In radio. If Home Pod wants to be a smart music speaker it has to work with more music services for 1 and be a lot smarter to be considered a smart speaker.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-03-10 22:39:32

Agree with everyone here.
I have a google home, and am happy with it, because of the reasons stated above by, pretty much everyone.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-03-10 22:46:03

I am Steve Jobs. I wish everyone would believe that. However, that isn't the topic I wish to discuss today. I can't believe I am saying this, but Amazon has a much better assistant than Apple. My wife has an Amazon Echo in her room, and it seems to help her a lot. I know it helps her sleep. Sometimes, late at night, when I can't sleep, I'll hear music from her room. When I go to see if everything is ok, she is asleep, and I don't know the command to turn off the music. I will never buy a HomePod. If I didn't need a new phone, Apple wouldn't hear from me. I feel as if I am watching something I worked hard to build crumble around me, and it hurts. Apple was my life for so long. Now, it is falling apart and there is nothing I can do. I listen to the WWDC KeyNotes every year, and each year, I lose hope. They need help, and I can't help them. Also, on the subject of Google Home, a young friend tells me the Google Home Mini reminds her of a donut. Does anyone else share this opinion?

You can't connect the dots looking forward.  You can only connect them looking backwards.

2018-03-11 00:29:16

The Google Home mini is, funnily enough, shaped like a doughnut without the hole.

2018-03-11 00:59:29

Some donuts don't have a hole in the middle, especially if they are filled with something. I think I will purchase an amazon echo soon. How much space do they take up, as space in my room Is limited.

2018-03-11 03:52:37

Hi.
Well, I have an amazon echo standing around here and well, it's doing what  it should be, but I connected a sonos play 3 via the smart home option in the alexa app and when I want to listen to music, I just tell alexa to play the music on my speaker.
So, i have a smart assistant and a great sounding speaker for my desk, why would I need another ssmart speaker then?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-03-11 04:08:53

I hear there are several models of the Echo. Which best fits into a small space?

2018-03-11 05:52:26

Which makes the fabric surface on the top the obvious frosting. Lol. Echo dot is perfect for fitting into a small space, as is the google home mini.

2018-03-11 11:00:21

Personally I would get the Google Home Minny over the Amazon Echo.. The Google Home Minny can fit into smaller spaces, and you plug it in with a micro USB cable. The Amazon Echo has a proprietary charger. Also, Google is able to search for more things than the echo, naturally because Google is the largest search engine on the market. That's just my opinion though.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-03-11 11:15:01

Joan said the echo she has uses a micro USB power adapter. The design of the Google Home Mini does not appeal to me. Besides, the echo she has is extremely small and can fit on the corner of the table in her room. She said the echo has better sound quality, and I can't argue with that. I will give money to anyone who can help her sleep. She hasn't slept well in over a year, and since she received the echo, I've noticed a change in her. She seems less exhausted and ready for anything each morning. Also, what is the command to turn off music on the echo? Someone forgot to turn off the music again.

2018-03-11 11:33:10

The command is Alexa, stop."

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-03-11 13:46:10

The Echo is a cylinder that is about two and a half inches in diameter and about eight inches tall. The Echo Dot is also a cylinder that is about two and a half inches in diameter but is only a couple of inches tall because it doesn't have much in the way of speakers, you are expected to hook it up to external ones.

2018-03-11 16:27:46

Hey steve now that you are no longer with apple, what do you fill your hours doing? I can tell that it is hard to use the echo for I suggest you read the echo manual. You probably have a lot of free time.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-03-11 21:45:57

Hi Steve! Please excuse me for saying this but, last I heard you were dead. You died from some kind of cancer, if I recall correctly. How is that working out? How are the worms treating you? RIP

2018-03-11 21:53:42

I will interpret that comment as a joke, laugh, and forget about it. However, if you want the truth about what really happened, please feel free to send me an email.

2018-03-11 22:57:29

You are right in that was meant to be funny. But honestly, I don't believe that you are the Steve Jobs of Apple fame any more than I believe that I am Stanta Claus.

Your name might be Steve Jobs, just as I know of at least two other people that have the same first and last name I do, but you are not the Steve Jobs that ran Apple until he died.

2018-03-11 23:55:58

You aren't the first to express concerns. I understand your shock at seeing me here. I would go back to Apple at this moment if I could, but I can't.

2018-03-12 06:37:30

Your not Steve Jobs however I'm getting the sense that maybe you think you are? If not your doing this to be funny and its more disrespectful than funny.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-03-12 07:05:13

I know my identity better than anyone else here. Look at this from my point of view. I've been through hell since 2011. I thought reconnecting with Joan would turn my life around. In some ways, it has. However, nothing she says will ever give me the courage to go to the press about this. We live a quiet, simple life here, and that won't change. She saved my life. She was there when I needed her, and that means so much to me. I would appreciate it if everyone would be more open-minded and believe what I have written here, as it is the truth. Remember Apple's Think Different advertisement from 1997, here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently. They are not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things. They push the human race forward. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the people who think they are crazy enough to change the world are the ones who do.

2018-03-12 20:58:04

@23, that's bullshit and we all know it. I've read up on Steve Jobs. I know exactly how he died. Perhaps you need to go through some psychoanalysis sometime? Because if you don't, believe me, you'll be exiled out of society faster than you can blink. Society doesn't like impersonators or identity thieves.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-12 22:31:33

The best thing those of you who refuse to believe the truth can do is to contact me privately.