2018-03-10 06:31:43

type /rules on the chat box, and if you done, press enter

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 08:06:50

Yeah that's cool, but I just don't see how people are playing this game when messages are in I think its Portuguese. I hate playing games that require me to use a translator, if they're like, really damn good, I might do it, but I'm the type of person that just likes to get on with it, and if I can't just sit down, fire a game up and play, I'm generally not interested. This one you're like rolling around on the ground it sounds like. All the doc is not in english, yeah I could get chrome to translate it... but just meh. I got other shit I can do, gaming is not so important to me that I'll drop everything to get it translated etc.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-10 09:40:57

When the admins first announced this, they were translating the game. After receiving all the hate from everyone, they stopped it. Maybe someone should contact them.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 11:44:22

Ironcross32, press ctrl enter for accept rules
It will work

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 13:04:41

I tried setting up my old account. then, I tried creating a new one. I kept getting an error, which, I believe was error, incorrect password, according to google.if you leave a google translate window in the background, it should be playable, but there are things even in the options menu that just aren't translated. fortunately, speech history viewer for NVDA should help with that. I'll give it another go here just in a bit, and see if I can even log on. the store bought a smile on my face, I hope that's not the only way to get certain items, otherwise there are balancing issues. also, windows 8.1 didn't flag the game, and it certainly did last year. so things have certainly changed, and it saved me from having to add an exclusion smile

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 14:09:27

Saying 40% translated is so wrong. You saw like maybe 5 messages in Portuguese and the documentation and it is already not translated, even though you did not even start playing. Just to be clear, that first part was just as confusing to me but a simple translation made it clear that I should type /rules to read the rules and then everything after that was in English.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 15:08:11

so I just played for about half an hour. maps are translated, those are all cool. some system messages aren't, but it's playable as it is.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 16:48:50

Hi all,
I have put the game in an excluded antivirus folder, or seemingly, but it still closes. Unfortunatel for me, I am stuck on windows 7 with, of all things, AVg, but I don't know if that's blocking it, because the game launches. What actually happens is the game launches, then mkaes it's exiting sound, which is a door closing.
I am wondering, do I actually have to install it into the program files directory to get the game to play?

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 17:14:17 (edited by seb 2018-03-10 17:22:02)

@aaron Well, I just tested the game and I got the same error, after launching the game I got a door closing sound and then the game exited. Disabling my antivirus and firewall solved the issue. I have the game installed in my games' folder,.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 20:06:58

I've been following this game through out it's time on the forum, and the Any Audio network. I played for a while, the first time it was uploaded, on the forum, when the whole UP thing was a problem. Then a few months later, someone uploaded it to the Any Audio Network. i played, then. Now, I'm trying it again. The game menus and items are mostly translated. There is quite a bit of english players, so help is easy to get. The one thing I  don't like is that when you re spawn from death, who ever killed you can just camp, and kill you again, and again. Other than that, I'd say that these guys have really made this a different game than Ultra Power, mind you, a lot of the mechanics are still the same, which I think is the point. I think the devs liked the idea that Mason had, and wanted to build on it. I, personally find a side scroller to be a bit easier  to play for me, because of my autism, I have terrible spacial orientation, so FPS type games are a challenge for me.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 20:58:31

Hi,
Well this is a bit of a problem because I won't be able to disable AVG easily. I just want rid of this dang thing this so called antivirus has been more trouble than it's worth and not very accessible. Am wondering what's causing the game to acually launch and close though, because it's like AVG isn't picking it up and deleting it, it's more like the game's just closing when launching it. Usually if AVG picks something up it tells ou, so I wonder what's happening and what the game itself is looking for.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 21:23:19

Hello guys!
I do not have my notebook. Maybe tomorrow ~ or Monday I can get into the game and talk to the admins.
So, leave the untranslated areas so I can report to them.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 21:30:37

Hello guys!
I do not have my notebook. Maybe tomorrow ~ or Monday I can get into the game and talk to the admins.
So, leave the untranslated areas so I can report to them.

Thumbs up

2018-03-10 21:53:49

also, my character seams to have a thing for randomly punching the air. He always does that. The only way I can make it stop is if I switch to pacifist mode. How do I stop this?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2018-03-11 01:16:43

hmm... do you have cheat engine installed? , the game won't run if you have that big_smile

Thumbs up

2018-03-11 12:14:00

post 39, same here. mine even fires random weapons, depending on what is drawn. try the knife, for example. as for AVG, you guys can get rid of it through safe mode, if you can get the registry hack to enable audio. on a side note, my 8.1 has no cheat engine, but it does have defender, which is currently active. program file x86 isn't an exclusion, and the thing runs fine. true, I did reinstall windows last week.

Thumbs up

2018-03-12 00:58:49

Hi,
I checked my start menu and ther's no program called cheat engine. Also game cheater and cheatomatic are long gone from my system.

Thumbs up

2018-03-13 01:15:53

I bet they still have registry hooks in your system, and the game is checking for these keys.

Anyway, I played a bit, and the game is... well, I don't know, I wasn't expecting another damn side scroller, but its cool enough for what it is. I can't figure out how to get out a weapon, I have them in my inv, or at least it looks like I do, when I hit enter, I get some Portuguese message, if I hit space, I hear the sound, when I exit, its not firing no matter what I hit, even when I switch to punch which is the only number that does anything, I can't even do that. I got chucked in jail for using a fake pass port at the airport, then I got stuck in the room outside of jail, no doors I could find, the camera shows nothing I can jump over, and I can find no platforms with it, so idk wtf.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-13 02:46:39

@ironcross32 When I played for the first time, about a few months ago, I got stuck outside of jail. You need to find the stairs, and climb up using page up. The game is cool, but definitely not fully translated, so I'll pass. A good start would be to include the controls in english with the game...

Thumbs up

2018-03-13 04:18:45

Ramblings from me about the game.

Upon launching the game for the first time, I heard a door closing and nothing else. I tried some debugging with no avail. This lead me to the conclusion I had somehow been banned from the game, which was strange. After contacting a developer, I hear that the game automatically exits on discovery of the existence of an installed cheat engine. This is perhaps the dumbest method of prevention I've seen. I use cheat engine for more than just cheating games thank you very much. also I'll have you know a simple renaming operation is all that's needed. Have fun with your uncheatable game, oh and maybe add some sort of message warning users of your pathetic system. Maybe while your at it check for a debugger on the users system because you know, malicious!

The translation seriously needs some work. We, as end users, shouldn't have to use translation software just to figure out how to do basic things. It's more than happy to tell you to read the rules, but nothing about /rules what so ever?

Now for the stolen code aspect. I'm gonna be very, very blunt here. On the one and only positive note, I can see the developers and administrators have put quite a bit of hard work and dedication into creating maps, which can be fun to explore. Or at least as fun as you can get with a sidescroller.
I've played a lot of ultrapower, and unfortunately took time I'll never get back to know the codebase. When playing this game, I don't know or care what anyone's told, I see up written all over it. Many might want factual evidence to back this up, however without code proof is usually impossible, unless I can come up with some old bug. But still, that's not guaranteed. IMO all the proof you need is in the countless recordings of UP itself, BTB, CM, and the countless others like it.
Many people seem to be blinded by the existance of new features. If you don't know what I mean, read posts 15 and the like. Ultrapower and everything aside, I'm glad there's a revolutionary new FPS that allows me to actually, wait for it, take a piss!
I also don't want to see replies saying, "this shit again?", "moving on", "don't these complaints ever end?", "just don't play!". Your replies are nothing but an influx in the exact noise you think your preventing. I know many people play games, just because their games with no regard in the slightest because you know, what does it matter to them? I'm just hear to play. by reading this topic, post, you've been warned. The smartest people on the planet are often the ones who ask the most questions. The people who play this game and know about the possibility of cloning and stolen code are indirectly saying they don't care. Don't care about the hard work toward an original product, and comparatively small amount of work put forth by the one claiming to start something new. Don't care about anything other than playing a game because, they, find it a source of entertainment.

In summary, it's a disappointment to see that time does in fact repeat itself. We'll most likely always see games like this popping up that follow the same principal of those before it. I won't be returning other than to check the status. the fact that someone can rip off another persons work and get away with it for this long is absolutely absurd, as the bold faced lie made by the developer in denying use of ultrapowers code. Truly sad is how the playerbase is pretty big, and growing by the day. I wish I could expect this post to be taken seriously, maybe I'm writing this only to here myself talk. But I do hope at least one person will learn a little something and actually make considerations.

Thumbs up +2

2018-03-13 15:40:53 (edited by braille0109 2018-03-13 15:44:17)

post 43. press space on the weapon, hit r to load it, then control to fire. use the glock or something to practise. post 45. agreed. the translation is playable, but it's far from perfect. I can't, at this point, compare it to something like crazy party. the thing has an enormus player base, probs bigger than STW. speaking of clones, while not a programmer, I gathered the same. sure, I didn't raise it till now, but it's written on top of ultra power. look at the camera, for example. works just the same way as it did in UP, it even uses the same sounds. after translating the manual, I was also able to confirm that it's the uP camera. they explain how e can tell you the coords, r replays the sound, and I think t has  something assigned to it. not to mention most of the key commands. sure, I give them credit for working over things, and actually adding new features, but at the end of the day, it's still a side scroller FPS, with an enormus player base. a player base, that perhaps has no ideas of any of the UP stuff, unless that went further than the english community. I might give the thing another go, but I do kind of feel lost at this moment of time.

Thumbs up

2018-03-14 19:24:44

Hi,
It is hard to know what to do. I've spoken to the other mods about this as well and they are also at a loss, as there doesn't seem to be a way to full on prove that we got stolen code, so in the end, we decided to let things be at least for the moment.

Thumbs up

2018-03-14 21:27:44 (edited by Mohammed-mufleh 2018-03-14 21:30:14)

hi i played this game alot and some of you mite no me as mohammedmufleh buy the way its some way its like you have to buy the things and some people cant pay buy paypal so if some one can contact them to make the mouny in the game will be a bit better. i did contact them there was a english admin and they said they will try to make it from the game. so does any one noes how to cumpleet questes. its not translated so there is only one that is in english so how to accept it?

Thumbs up

2018-03-19 20:22:14

server down?

Thumbs up

2018-03-21 16:45:10

here is what's new Wellcome to Desafio Mortal! version 5.6. type /ajuda to see the available commands. Type /news to see the full changelog of this new server version. Message of the day:  new features in version 5.6

New settings in your computer, available in the apartment:
Allowing/denying other players to open your chest.
Enable/disable clock
Close chest
Kick players from your apartment
Open door for 5 seconds.
New map: fishing port, and now, you can fish there.
to get started with your fishing, you must have the required equipments, to get these equipments, go to santa_bertalina in the Shop for hunting and fishing equipment.
When you buy the boat, fuel, fishing_rod and eartworms, go to the fishing port, and start catching the fishes.
NEW: prohibited area of the game
NEW WEAPON: Sub_laser;
NEW WEAPON:; MK1;
NEW WEAPON: AK48;
NEW SPELL: divine_cure;
now, you can check how much hits your bulletproof_vest will support, pressing ctrl+M in in the bulletproof_vest of your inventory
NEW FEATURE: Launched guided_missile;
New feature: Meteor_rain;
new magic: reflector_mirror
Bazooka hits on players who are up to 3 steps away from you while the enemy is jumping;
Added option to toggle whether or not to listen to death messages in the profile settings;
Added secondary inventory. To navigate between items, use TAB and SHIFT + TAB. To interact with the selected item, press Backspace;
Added option to activate the right control to fire, in general settings;
Removed the option to suck items from the sucker;
A lot of weapons will not damage your bulletproof_vest.
When only white fighting is allowed on a map, the explosives will be deactivated;
Now, if a player is hit in his head with a certain weapon, he will die! find out what weapons do this.
some weapons will kill animals with gust one shot;
NEW MAGIC: hórus's fist;
NEW MAGIC: fire_ball;
NEW MAGIC: swift_slide;
the inventory compartments has been modified;
The pacifist players will sound a different beep when you are nearby then;
NEW WEAPON: dart launcher. It will reach up to 10 squares, regardless of where the player is;
You will not be able to speak to players on the same map if they are far from you;
Now you can die frozen more often;
NEW FEATURE: magnetic_shoes
NEW EXPLOSIVE: nuclear_bomb;
Added secret missions to earn teleporter_package;
Soldiers are no longer sucked. This has been modified so that those who start in our world, enjoy and learn how the system works.
increased the gold of the gold_mine;
The wand are being recharged time-by-time, to check your wand's energy, press Shift+W;
Now the Desafio Mortal can run as a portable. To do this, run Desafio Mortal.exe -portable;
BUG FIXED: the ban system was not banning the players correctly, now, all banned users will be permanently banned!
BUG FIXED: The magic that make the player as invisible, was not undone by disconnecting and connecting without restarting the client;
BUG FIXED: When choosing option 1 on stone, paper and scissors, you would not get the money if you won;
BUG FIXED: Players no longer will die in vehicles;
BUG FIXED: you cannot escape from the prision if you use a age_shield;
BUG FIXED: Destroyed walls are removed correctly;
BUG FIXED: When using the extinguisher facing a wall, bullet sound was reproduced;;
BUG FIXED: It's no longer possible to kill members of your team with explosive_tape;
BUG FIXED: You can no longer bury bodies when you are in AFK
BUG FIXED: Could hear messages with chat disabled when restarting the client;
BUG FIXED: darts hitting pacifists;
BUG FIXED: dragonsaur is not a fool;
BUG FIXED: The sucker function is completely canceled when one of the two dies;
BUG FIXED: Darts, explosives and suckers WILL NOT hit members of your team;
BUG FIXED: you could use explosive_tapes, enter in pacifist mode and then activate the explosive tapes and kill players while pacifist, this is not allowed nomore.
BUG FIXED: Entering as a pacifist in the game, you could recharge your weapons and shoot, even if it was not fired;
BUG FIXED: When disconnecting, the last player who sent you PM was not saved;
BUG FIXED: When a player disconnected or was kicked for some reason using teleporter, the sound was not removed;
BUG FIXED: when you select "start desafio mortal With Windows" there is no more errors or alerts;
BUG FIXED: you cannot use a removed weapon from your inventory;
bug fixed while checking for updates;
shift+spacebar key was removed from the inventory;

Thumbs up