I currently had the iphone5 for several years, and I finally upgraded to an iphone7. I am highly disappointed with it, and I want to trade it in, to try out the newer phones from droid. on other posts, I see a lot of people recommending the nexus7. how good are the  galaxy phones, the note, sony, and lg phones? just looking for the best option, that can some what mirror an iphone

Thumbs up

Hi.
First, nexus 7 is a tablet, but no problem, you have google pixel or the second generation of it, witch are good.
Second, I like galaxy phones, especialy the s and note series, even the note is to big for me, I like the s devices, especialy the s7 thing, the s8 is verry good and the 9 too, but the screen shape is weird for me cause is to long and in landscape is to small.
So, get what do you need, pure android, a verry accessible platform, or samsung devices with the samsung experience, more facilities, but there are chases with Samsung it is not liked by some people.
I strongly recommend if you can get an one plus phone, verry good ones too.

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up +1

The Motorola X4, G5 plus, and G5 S both seem really quite nice.
And the G6 is coming out soon...
Otherwise I'd say the Google Pixel 2 is probably your best bet, if you can afford it, same goes for the Motorola Z2 force and Z2 Play.
Blind Samsung Galaxy owners always seem to be upset about something with their phone, but some don't mind the quirks.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up +1

thankyou both for the suggestions.....I am looking into this now

Thumbs up

5 (edited by pulseman45 2018-03-09 09:20:53)

Another interesting device in terms of getting the most for your money is the Honor View 10, but I have never tested it. It runs on the last version of Emotion UI (Huawei's Android skin), and I don't know if it has accessibility problems or not. Plus you may have to import it depending on where you live.
I have a OnePlus 5T and it's pretty good, but support from onePlus isn't exactly the best in terms of security updates, mine is still running on the December patch. Though to be fair I don't know about Honor's update policy eather.
If you can wait and afford it, maybe wait for the S9. What makes it so exciting in my point of view is that it's a modern flagship but without the typical annoying compromises you would find elseware, as it has both a headphone jack and expendable memory via micro SD, and it has stereo speakers this time. Definitely my second favourite release of 2018, only behind the Honor View 10, the third being the upcoming Nokia 7 plus.
Also like others said, the Pixel and Moto phones are good.

Thumbs up

UI is important i can say get google's phones or other one plus
cause these devices working their android UI
but samsung are good choice too,  s9 will be available soon

Wish You Best Gaming All!

Thumbs up

Well, the s9 was released, I saw some videos on youtube in romanian with the umboxing of the plus one.

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up

The s9 is also, ironically, cheaper than the s8 by about $100. Not much of a difference, but may be worth it to some people. I currently love both my s8 and my secondary moto g5 plus, which will be my backup phone for a long time even after I get my s8 back from repair. Great phone, especially for how much I paid for it.

regards,
assault_freak

Thumbs up

I've heard bad things about Honor's UI, to the point that even reviewers complain about how cluttered it is.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

I recommend the pixel phone if you want to go android. The accessibility experience on it I have found to be smoother than on others. There are also some nice benefits such as being able to get the pixel earbuds and opting into the Google Fi project if you wish.

Thumbs up

@assault_freak

The Galaxy S8 Oreo update for those of us in North America (myself included, should expect it by the start of April/End of March, since Sammy pushed the update back, do to unexpected reboots with some models overseas.

In addition, Samsung is rumored to be updating its "Voice Assistant" screen reader from the ground up, just like what Amazon did with Voice View. Sadly though, no official word from Samsung Accessibility yet.

A lot of people won't swich to Android do to the "braille display" support which Talkback lacks, however as I talked to Kendra from Samsung Accessibility awhile back via email, the idea for Voice Assistant to have its own braille display support is certainly in the cards.

Thumbs up

I am rocking a Xxiaomi  note 4x for a while now & I love it so much bang for your buck when I purchased it
And still running smoove

Will be picking up two more phones from xiaomi
Max 2 & note 5x

Thumbs up

I am rocking a Xxiaomi  note 4x for a while now & I love it so much bang for your buck when I purchased it
And still running smoove

Will be picking up two more phones from xiaomi
Max 2 & note 5x

Thumbs up

14 (edited by pulseman45 2018-03-09 21:13:42)

@9: Apparently most of the bloatware on the view 10 can be uninstalled, if that's what you're talking about.
Here's what I found on XDA on the subject:

Only apps that can't be uninstalled but can be disabled:
Honor (links to their webstore)
Honor health
HiCare (their warranty app)
Notepad
Videos
Themes

Can't be uninstalled or disabled:
Phone manager

Not much more bloated than my 5T at this point.
However if you are talking about the big amount of settings it has and how unorganized it may be, I don't really know. On most reviews I read they said it's getting better with time and most seem to be happy with the last version based on Oreo.

Thumbs up

@trenton, any link to these rumours? I wish Samsung weren't so close mouthed about it..

regards,
assault_freak

Thumbs up

I've heard good things about the Moto E and G phones. They're relatively cheap compared to the Samsung offerings and are nearly stock Android from what I've been told.
I'm very hesitant to buy any Samsung phone. I know they're developing their own screen reader, but I don't like the idea of having to deal with the other crap they come with. I could install a custom ROM and get around all that nonsense, but I'd lose the screen reader. Also, how long are the Samsung phones kept up to date? Which phones come with the screen reader? Do older phones receive updates to the screen reader? I find it extremely confusing considering the annual release cycle and the fact that carriers can prevent you from updating to newer official Samsung firmware.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up

As a galaxy s8 owner, I haven't experienced a problem with any of those... thre is a reason they are as popular as they are among sighted folks. Different people will say different things, but objectively Samsung is just like anything else... android is there, but with their own customizations. You can disable any bloatware that comes with it, and still get the screen reader. But many people use talkback instead of voice assistant.. that is the beauty of choice. As for stock android being beter, read these two articles.

Stock Android is no Longer the Best Android
https://thenextweb.com/opinion/2017/10/ … f-android/
What is Stock Android?
https://www.androidcentral.com/what-stock-android

The Samsung devices are now receiving support for up to two major OS updates, and any device that can run the latest version of Android, EG the Galaxy s7 series, the Galaxy a5, and above, can get Voice Assistant in addition to Talkback.

regards,
assault_freak

Thumbs up