2018-03-09 13:13:00

hi there,
for those of us who still have a none win10 device, I have a little question. so I have installed the OCR addon, into the latest snapshot of NVDA, so that would be early stages of 2018.2, on the win8.1 pro. then, I set my OCR language. after that, I went into the disk partitioning manager, and just like on win10, I pointed the OCR at the graphical table, and pressed NVDA-R. generally, after it says OCR is done, I'm  able to navigate the results. but here, nothing happens at all. am I missing the obvious, is the addon more or less useless, or is it an issue on my end?

2018-03-09 16:42:14

Hello. Have you used that addon before? If no, then you should know that in the old OCR addon you don't navigate results by using arrow keys, rather you must use numpad 7 and 9 to navigate the recognized text line by line, numpad 4 and 6 to go word by word, and 1 and 3 to go character by character. For activating a control that is recognized, focus on it with the numpad and route your mouse with NVDA plus numpad divide, then you should be able to do a left click either by using numpad divide on it's own or by performing a standard left click. All this however works on the desktop layout, and if you use the laptop one then the commands will be different and I cannot help with that, however you should be able to know these as they are standard NVDA review commands and you can always find them in the user manual.

2018-03-09 19:48:01

hi there, well thanks for that. this does actually change things quite a bit. again, thanks for this, I'll give it a go and see how far I can get.