2018-03-07 01:28:32

Hi,
So this isn't a bug, but I find it both amusing and weird that I can do this.
Invade an allied kingdom, their ally status gets removed. Ally with them again, invade them again. ally, invade. They never learn rofl. I did that to one kingdom until they fell.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-03-07 02:50:00

interesting trick wink

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-03-20 22:52:02

Wow, i completely missed that the weapon generator is already in the game. Hmm, shame on me, since I am for weapons in the game for a long time now. Cool thing though.

2018-03-22 13:05:32

BTW: A Suggestion: If not already implemented, to the contrast of the dark, bad and cruel or mysterious places and Areas, nice, friendly and warm, shiny places and Areas in the game would be good as well. That makes a contrast and brings even more Variations into the game. Changing weather and changing periods of the year, like spring, summer and such could affect such things at some Point as well.

2018-03-22 18:40:21

**MAIN ADDITIONS**

So there is no particular theme to this update, just a pile of various fixes changes and additions, some of the main stuff includes more world interaction from the slavers fort in the north, the dreaded celebration bug has been fixed, loading and saving games now saves the end of turn report and there is a new law you can enact to force all people to wear hats, also a new location in the blackmarket in the north where you can create your own hat! as well as some other stuff.

* Fixed the warsim Broken long celebration bug (now ceremonies should have a maximum of 4 events)
* Added differing levels of starting bank gold by difficulties
* Added ability for the slave fort to rebel against you
* Added ability for the slave fort to rebel against the slavers
* Added ability for the slave revolt to assist and incite rebellion in the slave fort
* Added ability for the slaves if victorious to declare a slave revolt if there already isn't one (only if you owned the slaver fort)
* Added slaver wanting to sell you slaves throne room encounter (credit u/PJvG)
* Added slaver wanting to buy your slaves throne room encounter (credit u/PJvG)
* Fixed End of turn reports not being saved and loaded
* Added law to force everyone to wear hats
* Added hatmakers emporium (dynamic building) in the blackmarket dockrow
* Added ability to make your own custom hat
* Added Wildskalds band to appear in the celebration ceremony

**BRAWL PIT EXPANDED V2**

Now the brawl pit is basically finished, you have fighters who can flee, special fighter types and a new intro text

* Added ability for LOW Hp arena fighters to run away (req their HP to be 5x less than at the start of a fight, still very rare occurance)
* Fixed brawl pit spike knuckled champions not getting spike knuckles
* Added giant fisted perk to the brawl pit (with accompanying move set and graphic)
* Added slappy perk to the brawl pit (with accompanying move set and graphic)
* Added intro text to the brawl pit
* Fixed brawl pit destroyed text colour being wrong

**NEW RACES**

These are all races that can be randomly spawned by the race generator, they are rare but
possible!

* Added New race 'Pythonmen'
* Added New race 'Were-Pythons'
* Added New race 'Evolved Pythons'
* Added New race 'Python Folk'
* Added New race 'Half-Pythons'
* Added New race 'Millipedemen'
* Added New race 'Were-Millipedes'
* Added New race 'Evolved Millipedes'
* Added New race 'Millipede Folk'
* Added New race 'Half-Millipedes'

**NEW UNIT TYPES**

Really running out of ideas for unit types now so we're having to make up new ones!

* Added new warrior type 'Skullbreaker'
* Added new warrior type 'Skulltaker'
* Added new warrior type 'Wolf-Rider'
* Added new warrior type 'Cow-Rider'
* Added new warrior type 'Pig-Rider'

**NEW ANIMALS**

Side note, millipedes are gross

* Added New creature 'Millipede' to the game
* Added New creature 'Python' to the game

**NEW DIALOGUES**

A few new dialogues to keep the chatter of the people of Aslona nice and fresh, but at this point
we have 100s of lines of dialogue for these random patrons and villagers, should be good enough smile

* Added 3 Baiaa dialogues
* Added 4 Village dialogues
* Added 5 sewer dialogues
* Added 3 tavern dialogues

**BUG FIXES**

Lots of misc bug fixes, most of which I found through a single bug filled playtest, special
thanks to the guys at audiogames.net for some of these bug finds,

* Fixed turn skip bug caused by general's challenge throne room encounter
* Fixed false harlaw mining company tribute text bug
* Fixed starting bank gold not being randomized
* Fixed extras menu bard music playing theme music even if turned off (credit [email protected])
* Fixed theme music playing after turned off when bards play(credit [email protected])
* Fixed theme music playing after turned off when in the black alley (credit [email protected])
* Fixed therefee text bug in the brawl pit
* Fixed legalized blackmarket slavery option bug
* Fixed broken nose graphic for demon head in smallhaven
* Fixed broken hand graphic in rock paper scissors game in smallhaven
* Fixed Blank text baiaa bug

**NEW NAMES**

New names for the people of your game world, my favorite is the Grobbler!

* Added new name suffix 'the Writer' (+14 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Mud-Eater' (+5 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Grundler' (+23 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Griddler' (+23 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Graddler' (+23 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Grobbler' (+23 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Gribbler' (+23 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Gut Grinder' (+40 battlescore) (yes this is an adventure time reference)

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

A bunch of random stuff that didn't really fit into any of the above
categories!

* Added 2 new mushroom trip parts
* Added half-orc concept art to concept art in-game extras
* Increased price of buying the slavers fort
* Added the blade of clan thickblood to the thickblood tavern
* Added arresting mystery slaver in the east earns you random seized gold between 100 and 1500
* Added ability to find slave, slave soldier and demon in mystery slavers pen
* Added ability to speak to mystery slaver
* Added 3 new crown graphics
* Added 4 new tilesets to the building generator
* Added ability to ask for the odds of the mystery slaver

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2018-03-22 20:50:40 (edited by defender 2018-03-22 20:51:54)

"Ooooh" cool!
I can't wait to check out that blade in the tavern!
The sculltaker is an awesome unit name, I'll think of some more using the list in the game files if I can.
And the slave revolt stuff is a cool addition, very dynamic which I like...
At first I was skeptical about the brawl pit upgrades, seeing it as no real different from the arena, but with all you've added, the level of management especially, it's really become it's own thing now.
I really appreciate the fact that you allow the remaining fights to be done automatically per turn as well.
Thanks for the bug fixes as well...

IMO you should really go over the entire game's text with a spellchecker soon, especially the citizen's dialogs.
I know it's not fun, and it's tedious, but, now that your selling it, it'll look more professional that way and it's pretty distracting at times, taking away from your storytelling.
Besides if you get in the habit of running one before each release that adds text, than you will only have to do the major correction once.
I'm pretty sure that both Open Office and Libbra Office have one built in, not sure about symphony though, and that several popular Notepad alternatives, like TED pad and notepad++ have addons of varying quality available.
I think there are even some free online services that'll do it, though you usually have to sign up first and their are sometimes limits.
That way you don't have to spend anything...

2018-03-22 23:39:46

Maybe this is a good idea I think as well. And another suggestion: maybe some units could be added, wich are similar to bosses in other game types. That means, one single enemy wich you have to fight against at the end of a quest. That could be an element in the expeditions in the future. So your units have to fight this unit. Kind of like saroman in lord of the rings, or smaug in the hobbit, if you get what I mean.

2018-03-23 19:06:24

@Defender, Glad you like the new stuff, as for the new unit names, I'll take anything you've got, Audiogames has been number one for these kind of brainstorms in the past, you guys are amazing.

I'm glad you see the brawl pit that way, I always wanted it to be able to stand on it's own two feet against the arena but it always fell flat when compared, but the last few updates have made it quite an interesting place I think, probably still a few more things coming it's way in the future but for now it's finished thank god smile

As for the spellcheck, to be fair I tend to find them pretty quickly but I'll take your advice and run the entire dialogue system through at least smile cheers

@Niklas, some boss sized creatures could definitely return, I used to have titans but the way the combat system works it made it easy to beat them so I killed them off, will have to rework the combat system but it's definitely do-able smile

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2018-03-23 23:33:36

Yeah single bosses would be awesome!

2018-03-24 03:31:54

@Defender, I've just done the spellcheck thing for the external dialogue and found over 30 typos... thanks for the advice it's paid off hahaha

2018-03-24 03:32:34

Yeah, bosses would be cool. There could be various types of bosses, not only giants, but even Dragons, wizards, other boss monsters and such. Would be very interesting for the game I think.

2018-03-24 13:01:45

Can any of you guys who use itch.io tell me if it's now accepting other currencies, It's an issue I saw dark had and a few others but think I've finally fixed it

2018-03-26 12:13:12

I don't know since I never had this issue.

2018-03-26 20:27:21

Maybe PM him, Dark checks those often.

2018-03-26 20:42:10

hey guys, I've played warsim on and off for quite some time.

I got the steam version but somehow it broke. Anyway people say that Ichio is better for getting to it accessibility-wise, I had to have help with steam.

I've got the money for buying a separate copy so I probably will just to avoid the Steam headache, but does anyone have an idea of where to get a guide. I really suck at this game and even at the lowest difficulty, I'm still getting worn down by the enemies. I really want to try this game some more, especially because some of these monsters are hilarious. I got back into it last time when armadillo races were added and that was funny but then I got stomped even on the easy difficulty so I just want to get how to play down.

Thanks.

2018-03-26 23:02:07

Itch.io deffenately was more accessible and the better way for me to get the game, it was pretty easy to get it from there.

2018-03-27 07:51:48 (edited by defender 2018-03-28 06:31:15)

Unfortunately their is really no guide, but I can give you some tips at least...

first, remove gambling tax and subsidize the arena, then bet as much as you can, every single turn. It really helps to check the unit info for each faction so you know more about the power of their warriors VS others, and just don't bet anything if your not sure, such as with the red and blue fights. Plus, even when your on a winning streak, never bet more than 3 quarters or so of what you have, so that you've got a buffer if you screw up. you'll get a feel for it soon enough...

Remember always to leave some money at the end of the turn for paying your soldiers, otherwise they are more likely to go to the other side.
Go to the throne room every turn, because you can get some free soldiers that way. If your popularity is okay than just take the hit rather than paying the higher priced reparations as well.
Next, buy any bandits that get put in prison every turn you can, they will help you get some gold back and eventually you'll be making money rather than losing it.
Also, enter into a trade agreement with anyone you can as long as you don't need to pay for it, you can travel east early on to find another area to trade with as well...
If your able to ally with anyone, do so and ask for military aid, if they can give it, than just keep track of your popularity with them and don't let it get below 0.
As soon as you can, build a knight recruitment building (I forget the name) and turn all those knights into recruiters, then ask the peasant militia to get fully involved. Now you have workers as well as fighters, and when you have lots of extras, you can build a barracks and start training some of them into soldiers, but you should probably upgrade your knight's quarters first, so that you still have enough peasants for a good harvest.
Speaking of that, keeping at least some recruiters around on a permanent basis is quite helpful, because the harvest temple and it's upgrades, combined with the rehabilitation law and the scythe artifact  can really net you allot of cash per turn.
When your able, talk to all the goblin clans and ally with them, sending 500 gold as a gift. Build a barracks and train the tribles you get into soldiers. Explore in the north to find slaves for cheap, and only disallow slavery when vitally useful allies require you to do so.
You can save allot of time and misery by permanently hiring some decent mercenaries (preferably those that don't ask for much if anything extra for invasions) and giving them a few hundred of your soldiers, then using them for all their worth on the rebels each turn. Most other factions won't attack you unless you attack them first, so their useful as a source of gold with your bandits.
When you can, buy the brawler pit or dragonblood tavern in the north, they pay for them selves quite quickly, and ask for tribute from anyone who will give it to you until you have enough soldiers to take the mines over, and enough peasants to spare to work them.
Also, destroy the demon artifacts in the south and raid the camp as soon as you can, if your confident you can also kill the demons by the gate, just bring blue triie and touch the strength stone first which helps more than you might think. It is vital to thin the demon's numbers before the amass an army, but either way, you should plan on having at least a couple hundred thousand troops, perferably knights. It's daunting, but the arena and harvest will help with that greatly, as well as the demon shield artifact if you can afford it.
You can also get a demon every turn from the blackrow in the blackmarket, and they can help fight for you, though they do get exponentially more expensive.

That's pretty much all I got for now...

2018-03-27 10:56:53

Wow, some pretty solid strategy there!

2018-03-27 22:37:39

I updated it with some new info as well.

2018-03-27 23:40:33 (edited by bookrage 2018-03-27 23:44:21)

actually things are going pretty well. I didn't tell you guys or rather I forgot to post my last post. I died suddenly I think because I took the coin of fate and it came up heads whatever that meant, it was hard to tell.

I'm on a new game though and am doing even better, right now fighting a war on two fronts with some Kappa and the rebels. I'd like a little clarification on a few things though.

1. exactly how does combat rating fit in. Some of my enemies are non-negotiable boogiemen and their strongest guys are combat rating 658. Nobody I'm around can put anything even remotely close into the field, some vampires coming closest at a distant 270. The boogieman army though is tiny so can you overwhelm monstrously high combat ratings with numbers? There are only 246 boogiemen in all right now and only their 3rd-tier guys are really scary.
2. I'm still using the crappy diplomat you start the game with but thinking of switching him out. Two of the countries are said that diplomatic relations with them are impossible becaue of their uncivil and savage natures. The vampire country I can do some stuff with but they are xenophobic and they say they won't talk to me, though those  options such as trade routes and stuff are theoretically selectable, they just say "They are very xenophobic and won't talk to you' if I try to do any of them. Could any of you explain?
also, how does vassalization work? I know you can do it but don't quite get the mechanics of how you do it. Do you take all their land and then say to the defeated enemy, "Be my vassals?" or do you have to do it when they still have lands left, also, if you do, do you have to fight some crazy battle  with like all of their remaining army? Sorry but I want some other types of soldiers so I want to get their weird stuff, even though the gnomes and goblins kind of suck.

also, I've been exploring, but will other independent kingdoms like the 5 everyone starts with that are randomized be replaced when I'm done with them or is the game over when my current enemies are gone. I know there are some forts and mines I can take over, but they don't quite work like the countries, goblin nations, and rebels. which I think are the coolest parts of the game. I was wondering that because one of the races they said was in the game when it was building the world is a race I haven't seen yet. I don't remember what it was, but it isn't goblins, boogiemen, humans, kappas, vampires, or gnomes, which is all the races I've seen.

2018-03-28 09:22:29

Glad to hear things are going well now, combat rating is total battlescore overall, larger armies will usually win, except for certain units such as demon horde demons, Koova the nomad and so on.

The Kingdoms in your game are randomly generated, you could by chance get a bunch of savages who you will never be able to be diplomatic with

You can get ones that raid just like bandits, ones that are xenophobic and so on, xenophobia is fear of people from other countries so in the games context the vampires hate non-vampires.

Vassalisation is when you are much stronger than a rival kingdom so you offer to essentially make them a sub-kingdom underneath your own, they will send you part of their gold each turn and some troops, in return you 'should' protect them, you can also forbid them from attacking people, so for example if you make two warring kingdoms your vassals, you can actually end the war.

And no vassilisation can be refused, but its just a diplomatic option, no battles or anything

Yes, if you wipe out all five kingdoms you can get a fresh set by exploring further off.

As for the race that you saw but haven't seen yet... they'll find you, in time.

2018-03-28 15:21:22

Thanks, that's helpful, I might go after the boogiemen then when things start to settle down with some of my current enemies. I can put way more men into the field than they can and can probably overwhelm their stronger units even though they are crazy powerful units. It also explains how the goblin nation is holding its own against them. The boogiemen have tough units  but have fewer than 250 total soldiers while the  goblins have over 5000.

also, so I can estimate: if a race has really powerful units, should I expect fewer of the high-tier ones? For example, the boogiemen have a super-strong 3rd tier with 658 attack rating.  but I imagine if other countries also have to pay for their own soldiers that that is a huge drain on their funds and they probably don't have many, or is a shadowmaster as expensive for them as a knight is for me?

also, if there's some formula, I'm wondering about some of the animal races. As you listed the millipede and python races above and there are several standardized  versions of those animal races, as I saw the same way back when you did armadillos, which ones of those are the strong ones? I had some evolved beetles in my first game and they were a joke. It didn't matter with them which tier enemy you had for their troops, all three of their tiers were combat rating 55 and that included their strongest guys.

2018-03-28 18:00:25

@Bookrage, glad you're getting on well. As for the custom generated races, that's a bug I'll have to investgate with the 55 battlescore but generally they should all be different, independent kingdoms have their own financials usually, but some more savage societies don't use money

2018-03-28 18:21:55

actually can't be sure, but it looks like my boogieman problem might take care of itself. From what I can tell, despite having the strongest units, they are not only failing in their attacks but are actually losing ground to several computer opponents. Even so I'm probably going to wait until I've gotten other enemies under my thumb and go after them later if they let me. They are at war with me and my relationship with them is bad, but they've left me alone so far and have been sparring with several other independent kingdoms instead of me, and the vampires aren't as powerful, but they have 10x the army size.

2018-03-29 22:37:51

Also keep in mind that most of those units are probably peasants, you can get a useful breakdown of each enemies amount of units for each tier by talking to your general in the hire menu something which, IMO should probably get moved to somewhere else since it's pretty hidden...
Also, their is an artifact that will let you talk to zenophobic races if you buy it.
Just a side question, Hue do the enemies start with more money and or spend more on new units per turn at higher difficulty levels? I've noticed that most kingdoms will spend all of their limited funds on soldiers rather than peasants if they don't have much money (putting them into a destructive loop) where as those with lots of money don't spend much of it per turn even when the bandit raids are no longer an issue.