2018-03-03 10:14:24

Hi all, as the topic tells you, my question is, does any one have a download link for mac osx for vmware player that already has voice over turned on? thanks

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-03-03 15:53:26

no but you don't need it, you can turn it on when it loads up to the setup screen for the first time by hitting command F5. As long as you have hit control G so your keystrokes are going to the VM, it will work.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-03 16:39:26

sO DO I need to have the mac osx vm in order to do that?

best regards

2018-03-03 18:59:28

Yes, and I want one too.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-03-04 05:33:05

I wouldn't recommend it. But since you both want it, this article will tells you how to setup a macOS virtual machines. It is not focus on accessibility, though. But if you configure the VM right, you shouldn't have problem with turning VoiceOVer on. Remember, when in the Vm, the macOS command key is referring to the windows key. So, when you want to turn VoiceOVer on, you'd press Windows key plus F5.

If you have any questions, let me know.

2018-03-04 05:56:20

I want a Mac OS 10.12 or 10.13 VM. That's only for waiting when I want to purchase my mack book at the end of this year.

73 Wj3u

2018-03-04 06:28:31

Yes, that's the High Sierra VM.

2018-03-04 11:25:37

Hi, i am very sad to report that the information does not work for me.

best regards

2018-03-04 11:51:25

What do you mean by the info I've provided above not works? From what I've known, all the links in that article seems to work correctly.

2018-03-04 12:54:01

what should i do with the downloaded vmdk file? should i put it in the vm's directory?

best regards

2018-03-04 12:58:42

i rans the patch, and every thing was fine, untill i had to play the virtual machine, it asked me to boot normaly and again the same thing over and over. Please tell me what i am doing wrong?
I ran the unlocker208 patch and it is on the c directory. the vmware is installed in programfiles(x86)

best regards

2018-03-04 15:57:02

read and follow instructions. I've created two mac OSX VM's and didn't have trouble with either one of them. I would only recommend doing this on a system with an SSD though.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-04 19:46:27

my system is fine, but the dam vm does not want to work... is there not a way for you to save those configs and share them with the vm?

best regards

2018-03-04 23:22:35 (edited by braille0109 2018-03-04 23:25:59)

try this, guys. this worked on a 3rd gen i3, 4 gigs of RAM, VMWARE 12 NON-COMMERCIAL, 500 GB mechanical spinning drive. worked like a charm. I don't think windows 10 could handle the torture mentioned above, though. so let's hope the config I mentioned is windows 7, or like in my case, 8.1, else you'll struggle. 2.5 GB is enough for the MAC side, and in my case, 1.3 GB ran win8.1 64 bit just fine. why do I say this? because the samsung which ran this, has 3.79 GB usable RAM. windows-f5 will turn on voiceover, and the app store and siri work fine. I haven't tried any high sierra articles, so no clues if any of those would actually boot without sighted. I should try one, but poor samsung wink still trying to figure out what prevents my AMD to boot up a VM, but that's another topic. and yes, MACOS can be done on AMD, or so I read.  https://www.tactig.com/install-macos-sierra-on-vmware/

2018-03-05 01:49:15

That's what I did and it worked fine.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-05 14:05:51

Hi,
This works like a charm. I got to try a mac first time today. Now that it's running, could someone post some commands to help me get started I'm stuck on this empty desktop and nothing seems to work.
Regards,
Amit

There once was a moviestar icon.
Who prefered to sleep with the light on.
They learnt how to code, devices sure glowed,
and lit the night using python.

2018-03-05 22:11:10

I got it running, it is updating now.
But I am bad at commands, so...

2018-03-05 22:33:30

voice over is hard to get used to, you can hit control option M to get to the top menu bar, control option on a windows keyboard will be control and alt. Control option arrows move your cursor about, control command option arrows set and change rotor options, may be speech ones too, I forget, or try adding shift with that. You can open up finder and have a poke in there, which is where everything will be. In the VM, you will have to hit control option space twice for every one time you want to activate something, I guess this is just how the keyboard thing works. To get a context menu, like the right click equivalent, its control option shift M. control option shift down arrow will interact with something, such as a table, a tool bar, etc. and control option shift up arrow will stop interacting. Meh, idk what else, there's loads to learn

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-06 00:19:57

A quick note about Mac OS VM's. For some reason, the command and option modifier keys are reversed. On a real Mac, the command key is alt, and the option key is windows.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-03-06 05:04:24 (edited by Chris 2018-03-06 05:12:42)

There are several ways to control VoiceOver. If you don't like holding down two keys, substitute control+option with the Caps Lock key. If you have a numeric keypad, you can use that to control VoiceOver. Press the VoiceOver modifier and num lock to toggle it on or off. You can customize all the commands in VoiceOver Utility under commanders, but here are a few basic commands that are already configured for you.

Pressing 2 or 8 moves the VoiceOver cursor down or up, respectively. Pressing 4 or 6 moves the cursor to the previous or next item. Pressing 5 activates the item that has focus. This could be a button, a checkbox, etc. Pressing 7 will stop interacting with something and pressing 9 interacts with the selected item. For example, you can interact with the toolbar in an application and navigate the buttons on the bar. VoiceOver will not leave the item you've interacted with until you stop interacting. If you don't like interacting, you can disable interaction for most items except lists and tables. Go into VoiceOver Utility and change the setting called grouping behavior which is located in the navigation category. Interaction is actually extremely useful once you figure it out. It's very similar to object navigation with NVDA, except you are moving down from a top level element instead of up from a control in a group.

I recommend pressing VO Command F8 and going through the VoiceOver tutorial. It is a very good introduction to the screen reader. You can also press VO H to access the VoiceOver menu where you can access a list of all commands, the tutorial, keyboard help, and the online user guide.

Finally, you may want to consider getting a real Macintosh if you like using macOS in the virtual machine. I've heard that there are many issues when running macOS inside of a VM. The App Store and iMessage do not work, and you may run into errors when you try to update the system.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-03-06 05:12:40

Also, if you don't want to press control option thingy, you could also use caps lock key as the VO modifier key, too.

2018-03-06 12:16:06

OK, I've done that vm instalation, I'm playing the VM for the first tyme, but at the MAC OS installation process I need sighted assistance?
because as I play it, I don't hear anything.

73 Wj3u

2018-03-06 15:04:49

I just did this last night, but instad of getting the VMDK file and so forth, I just got an ISO and instaleld the OS myself. No, on the initial screen, you don't need sighted assistance, give it a few minutes to load up and hit command F5 or windows F5 and voice over will start talking.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-06 18:04:43

After the update, it works like a caarm, I can use it like a phone, with tab and space, no problem, I can not find skype in the store for no reason.
And, can someone recommend me some apps and games please?
And some questions:
How to shutdown the sistem?
How to turn the volume up of the machine itself, it is too .quyet

2018-03-06 23:37:10

post 23. if using an ISO, do you think my MACOS would come up booting on AMD, or should I still go for the AMD specific configurations?