2017-08-19 21:42:21

I would like to know the development status of rail racer because the last thing I heard was in 2013 on the blind adrenaline website and when I looked on the blind adrenaline website today there wasn't even a page for rail racer anymore so I was just wondering what is going on with the game thank you.

2017-08-19 22:05:37

I think it died a long time ago.

Don't care.

2017-08-19 22:17:57

done, gone, nada, did I mention done, as in no more, as in long gone?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-08-20 01:38:50

OH, fatal hardrive error!

73 Wj3u

2018-03-02 07:19:06

Sorry to revive this, but Apparently, I had an eMail of my RR key recerved 5 or so years ago, but that was a shame when the game supposedly discontinued caused by a hard drive crash from Chee, making that the game is not avandonware, just to clarify out, it was one of the racing games I played many tymes. Maybe Chee didn't post that on this comunity and you know...

73 Wj3u

2018-03-02 20:56:40

I know che was in the process of developing a version 2.0 with battle racing and other upgrades when he had the crash, but it's really sad the existing game also went down.

I'll say I do not myself usually like racing games much but Rail racer really impressed me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-03 00:28:14 (edited by crashmaster 2018-03-03 00:29:08)

Well for me rail racer had its issues.
One of them was that v1 was made in dotnet 1x, when 2.0 was just in.
If it had been 2x compatible even if it stayed 2x, it still could have been played.
in fact v 2 3, and 3.5 legacy frameworks are still supported, 4 and its varients up to the latest are still supported even now on old win7, which for me may soon be a thing of the past.
The main reason is that for the user that uses 7, his desktop has finally died and is not worth replacing.
Everyone is on win10, so I am going to change with the times to support my users.
For what its worth I like 7 for its ease of use.
On the other hand this will free up this box for linux use, either that, or I will put xp on here for the express reason of older games, older software, a few offline games, and well to be honest, my old nokia software packages which I may or may not need I havn't decided yet.
The other issue with rail racer was its activation system it was in another language, it just happened to be online, and once you used your keys your system well was registered.
Reformat or buy another system and your key was rubbish.
Its probably why no one has actually released the cracked version but as I said v1 couldn't be played, its pitty the sounds of the cars etc were quite crappy sounding and the game is quite crappy.
Sadly with just about every racing game known except for the tikonblu stuff either shelved or just not being updated it would be nice.
It was the reason I got my first gaming mouse.
With the death of swamp, my mouse is used by sightlings mostly and for myself if I need to navigate a window needing the mouse.
I do play swamp compaigns from time to time still, I can't say I'd justify a subscription to that.
Where is che anyway, blindadrenaline seems dead just like every other mainstream dev seems to be, everyone seems quiet.
Bar l-works, no one else is seeming to well be talking.
For example I havn't heard much about vipgameszone, gmagames or draconis for ages and where the hell is pcs games and phill he isn't even seeming to be online.
If liam is all thats left bar the small opensource bgt groups and a lot of those seem dead, the global audiogame market is basically dead unless you are japanese.
Seriously, I can't believe thata kid can write basically complex comercial grade games that rival even our beginners.
I played beginner games by some and ofcause they were a bunch of crap.
Maybe our beginners should get japanese standards.
I mean seriously, a fully pro game at an age when most of the rest of us can barely code is impressive.
I don't think any dev right now with the acception of maybe l-works or usa games could get close, certainly no one can match or beat the japanese writers.
Maybe with the exception of outofsightgames and maybe pininteractive but thats about it.

2018-03-03 16:06:03

GMaGames is plucking away at VipMud 3.0, I think.
Che still runs the cardroom, but like a dictatorship, so I hear.
Drackoness, they said they would announce something in 2017 but of course that didn't happen.
Not sure what's up with Phil.

2018-03-03 18:57:54

Rail Racer was a cool idea, this coming from someone who's generally not much into the racing side of things, but though I was happy to buy a copy I did lose interest rather quickly

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-03-04 08:24:37

I agree Brian, Racing is not my thing either but rail racer quite surprised me.

I suspect if rail racer's development had continued it would've gone very well indeed, what with all the extra tracks and extra features being added, while I understand why Che lost heart after the hd crash it's still quite a sad thing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-04 09:08:49

@Orin, now I'm curious how Chea is running the cardroom like a dictatorship. smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github