2018-02-27 12:33:34

Hello everyone.
I can update my phone to android oreo, but I have problem, I use soft braille keyboard, and I must fast suspend talkback. But in oreo, I heard
when I want to suspend talkback I have to press volume buttons by 5 seconds, this is very uncomfortable, when you use a soft braille keyboard.
Now, I don't know what can I do it. I can weit and meybe someone will come up with a  solution to this problem.
Best regards.

2018-02-27 16:43:31

I think you just tap them both at the same time and, done. Do it again to resume.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-27 21:41:41

Ehh, but in oreo, I must press buttons by 3 seconds, this is too long. In ndroid 7 I had to press buttons by 1 second, when you want to write short messages, you lose a lot of time.

2018-02-28 12:49:02

Indeed, I'm not sure suspending Talkback is even possible in Oreo. Sure, disabling/enabling it becomes somewhat easier, but I don't know why they scrapped the suspend shortcut, provided it's absolutely not there anymore.

2018-03-01 10:57:00

hmm, meybe do you known an other braille keyboard when I don't have to suspend talkback?

2018-03-02 17:10:22

You can access the global context menu and suspend. When you want to go back, simply lock and quickly use the fingerprint sensor. I'm already getting ready to upgrade, and it was the fastest solution I found. Although, you might have to disable the accessibility shortcut only for the volume buttons, keeping the activation with 2 fingers. I also use sbk.

2018-03-02 23:08:12

I don't known more good keyboards, talkback can't recognise when you write on keyboard, because talkback try to analise your gestures.
I triet to use shine plus, but this screen reader is too slow, and when I suspend shine plus, I can't resuspend it.

2018-03-05 19:08:48

That is the current reality of Orio and the latest version of Talkback. If you don't like it, there currently isn't any other braille solution that I know of. Sorry to bring the bad news...

Discord: clemchowder633