hi.
so i got the rotation package from sam tupy's site, but i was wondering how i could use it to make a three d map engine for my fps that i'm making? any other ideas or suggestions are also wellcome.
thanks and have a nice day.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

Thumbs up

There's one made from reza, you might check it out.

Thumbs up

Could you possibly give me the link?
Thanks.

Thumbs up

I missed that one. How does it work? Like, objects vs voxels? Scenegraphs vs arrays vs dictionaries? Tiles with height? None of the above?

Some of my games
Keep up to date by following @Jeqofire on twitter!
Ear Ninja?

Thumbs up

If you mean the thing on sam’s site, from what I can understand, it basically defines the hole 360 degrees turning system and a few other things so it’s possible to have 3D maps without bgt throwing a combilation error because it doesn’t know what the shit your script is referring to.

Thumbs up

You can find it at
Http://samtupy.com/dev/

Thumbs up

one curious thing it does is considers 360 and 0 two different values, so its always going to be off by 1 unless of course he updated it since the last time I found this to be happening in a game. It's kinda funny actually because 0 and 360 are synonymous, not two different degrees, you don't go 358, 359, 360, 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. its 359, 0, 1, etc. like on a clock we don't say its 3:60 in the afternoon, 3 flips to 4 and 59 wraps around to 00 and so you have 4:00

I'm a cat! What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine to :P XD

Thumbs up

That thing is so buggy though the rotation package i mean. You need to fix some functions yourself like the turning function. Also using it is a bit tricky if you don't want your player's coordinates be 1.3332342, 1.554636, 1.323456

how you act with others, They act with you in the same way.

Thumbs up

can't you just use the round and ceil on the vector?

Thumbs up

If you're using rotation, you do want those coordinates. You'd want to round them when giving them to the player, or when getting indeces in arrays, but yeah.

Some of my games
Keep up to date by following @Jeqofire on twitter!
Ear Ninja?

Thumbs up

yes I ment rounding and ceiling when displaying them

Thumbs up