2018-02-24 18:47:29 (edited by ogomez92 2018-02-24 18:48:30)

No more to say except:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80lk28mtg0eyi … c.mp3?dl=1

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-02-24 18:54:53

the down shifts you hear is me pausing the game, yes you can finally pause beatstar. yay!

2018-02-24 19:27:10

Cool, great to see an update to beatstar and I can certainly see the point of cross platform support for people on Mac and linux.

Just out of interest though for us plane old windows users, are there any changes in fucntionality new upgrades or added features, ---- pausing packs sounds good for a start.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-24 19:43:30

Hi
Well, the game right now is still incomplete, you can play packs, you can change packs, etc the minigames aren't in yet, that's why I'm not yet releasing.
I want to add beatcoin support and all that crap before I actually release, but I wanted to show that oriolgomez.com isn't yet dead. (:

2018-02-24 20:24:58

Code Runner? Are you coding this in Swift? What's this Electron thing? Haha. Enquiring minds want to know!

2018-02-24 21:35:31

hi. no.
coderunner works with many languages.
i'm coding this in javascript as a node application, which is cross platform.
Electron is a renderer which uses the chrome engine as a platform to run the code.

2018-02-24 23:56:16

you should only be able to pause between levels otherwise we could just pause all the time, and never lose because we always could pick the right key to press

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-02-25 03:46:13

Wow, sounds really awesome! Looking forward to it.

2018-02-25 12:56:10

No, no and no! Really, only mac? This stupid closed architecture! Noooo!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-02-25 15:16:45

@nuno69 no, it's not just mac. If you are familiar with Cyclepath and Dark Defender, it's basically going to be that, once it's fully released. Until then, he's testing it on mac. Basically, this game is going to be Beatstar in your web browser, I think.

2018-02-25 15:25:11

Hi.
Web browser, Yes and no.
the web browser version will be slightly different, bt I will be releasing a windows and mac application which is basically electron with the game.
web version will come later.
But the way I see it, you will be able to create beatstar packs from within the game via the menus. no longer a separate application to make packs, which makes the process smoother I think.

We will see!

2018-02-25 23:12:27

Hi.
I like the idea, but, I liked alot beatstar with your voice, not nvda.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-02-26 07:23:31

I agree with angel, it's not a big deal but I did enjoy the self voicing in beatstar pro.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-26 08:44:50

Hi.
Really awesome stuff. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-26 14:53:43

It's a good idea, but, recording for every game menus is a bit difficult and takes more times.

2018-03-12 21:44:23

I love the way new games are being developed in a cross platform, web-first way. This is just amazing!

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-03-13 14:17:10

I like the screen reader method better. You can select the voice you're familiar with, you can speed it up properly, it's less effort on the game developer, you can translate it nice and easily, it makes it more portable, file size decreases, less time editing and recording the different things like numbers, numbers and scores sound much smoother, and those are just the things I could think off the top of my head. I like the screen reader way much better. Either way, Oriol, not like I haven't been talking to you through all this, but keep it up anyway. tongue

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2018-03-13 15:30:56

Now if we could get AppleVis to allow a directory of web apps, or web apps to be put into the main iOS/macOS directories, then we'd have some real traffic around them, I think.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-03-14 14:28:34

Pitermach, afaik, tried this with Cyclepath and got rejected. Maybe if enough people speak up they'll rethink, but they said to just put it on the applevis forum. Which makes sense, except 2 days later and the post will be submerged. So even though it was specifically optimized for iOS it can't be put in the directory. Oh well.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2018-03-31 14:41:08

So, what is up with this project now? I'm curious to know. Because I love BeatStar so much.