2018-02-24 06:53:24

Hey everyone.
So I don't know why this came into my head again, might have to do with the spring season coming up again, I want to get into MLB the show games again, well, as far as this is possible anyway.
I know that there are some accessible ones, I think up till the show 2011, but I might be wrong on that.
Also, if possible, I want to play the season and road to the show modes, I think they are called that way, and I am wondering if this is even possible. Because I have the worry that for example the season mode has a sort of calender view where when you hit on the wrong date, the games till this date will be simulated, and I don't want this to happen.
I currently have a psp at my disposal, but it should be possible to pick up a ps3 if the need arises.
So, put together, my questions are, what is the most accessible version of MLB the show as a fully blind person, do the season and road to the show modes work?
Also what I have noticed, with some games on the PSP, I noticed when I save my progress, that, when I would restart the system and the game, the progress wouldn't have saved, this happened in the NBA games, but I am not sure if there are also other games having this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-02-24 09:15:33

Yes, pitching RTTS here, I'm on my 5th season (of a new career) with the A's, and as long as I ain't batting and remember where the pitches end up and the menu layouts....it's fine. Just gotta remember to upgrade everything after each game.

Also, how bout those Dodgers obliterating yo Cubbies in the NL playofs huh? Rofl

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-02-24 09:22:17

Okay here's what I do on MYL TS 16:

RTTS is simple, home screen has play next appearence at top left, by default. Upgrades is one down/to the right, so if you just do that constantly for a pitcher, it'll be fine once you make your guy, you can edit the name and such later after you make them. Pitching is easy if you have it set to button, just release the stick before throwing a pitch and it'll  go back to over the middle of the plate, then move the stick and hold the button down, and listen, I just usually hammer circle or first base though I had a weirdly epic play earlier....

Was pitching against the Rangers and got a ground ball hit up the middle, I heard the crew say I missed it and was thinking oh shit error...then I heard them say what happened, turns out my 2Bp pulled off a triple play by some magic. I dunno either, but that was amazingly fantastic. I need more bases loaded jams to get out of apparently......

Either way it's easy, once you're done with upgrades, don'hit R1 and L1 to go to the next screen then straight bak, hit X to play next appearence, and X to confirm it, there'll be a cracking sound or the sound of the bat hitting the ball, hit X when ya hear that, cue loading screen.

Caveat: This is for MLB 16....

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-02-24 16:44:41

you know, this is all very interesting and informative to read. Unfortunately, I've got mlb the show 2015, and have not got clue one as to how to even start the thing up, and I'm using a ps4. Any sort of help what so ever would be greatly appreciated here, as I would absolutely love to play this game since it's so much more realistic than rbi baseball for the xbox 1s. rbi baseball is such a let down, because it seems to be more of a throwback to the old nes days, and that seems like something that should not happen with a system this powerful and modern. Ah well, just my two cents for what ever they're worth. Also, just to let everyone know, I just might get hired on with a company this week called my blind spot, and they're job is to teach companies how to make things accessible with screenreaders. I've mentioned to them that I'm an avid computer and video gamer, and while they do say that testing video games is at least a year out for them and they want to focus mainly on equal employment for the blind right now, it also says to me that they do eventually plan on tackling the issue which will be wonderful for us all. I apologize for the off topic stuff here but I'm just very excited about working for this company and will be excited if they decide to take on video and computer gaming. And I'll of course steer them here and to other games and worlds that I know of that I'd like to see made work. Have a wonderful day to you all.