2018-02-21 12:31:01

This topic is here to address the issues by Breakerbox games. I encourage everyone who has been screwed over or delt with really slow and eresponsible support, taking form for most that I know in people who buy their games don't receive their products.

I bought the Breakerbox Bundle on Wednesday 14 February 2018.
Two days later, I sent a reminder email to Breakerbox, on February 16.

At the time of this writing, February 21, I have not yet received my order.

If you have had a similar situation with Breakerbox, or something else that you feel would make them unfit to handle other people's money, please reply in this topic describing your situation.

I intend to forward this once sufficient material has been gathered to Paypal.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-02-21 13:46:44

Hi Lord Lundin, thanks to doing this. I hope it will do anithing good. I have experienced this problem too. I've preordered Airik 2 and Airik 3 and I don't have received anithing. I've written Jake, he told me that I will give me the refund but he didn't give me anything. These are the date of payments:
  02/07/2011 $ 9,99, Airik the Cleric 2 Pre-Order
12/07/2011 $ 14,99, Cloak of divinity Pre-Order
Let me know about what appens, and I can give you my paypal e-mail privately.
Thanks,
Ambro

2018-02-21 16:20:45

I Preordered Edge of winter for $15.00. I haven't received it in the last 923 days (the time difference from today to the day the original topic about Edge of winter was created).

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-02-21 17:43:01

I'm going to hair-split a difference here. Please understand that while I'm doing this, I fully understand that bad business is still bad business.

If you pre-order a game with a non-fixed release date, it's slimy to then never deliver that game, but it's illogical to say that that game is never coming. Edge of Winter has a playable, if buggy, demo, as I understand. This means that it does conceivably exist in some partially-completed fashion.

We as a community must be careful about the issues we are pointing out. If we are saying that, by and large, people don't get what they pay for, this is actually not true. The only thing I ever bought from BreakerBox, I got. It took a bit, but I did get it. I know a lot of others who have played Airik the Cleric as well, suggesting that, even if there were annoying waits involved, these people were delivered the goods they paid for.

That said, really obnoxious wait times are annoying, and not good business practice. Pre-orders without specific dates really should raise red flags for possible buyers, but they, too, are also pretty suspect. We just have to be careful to distinguish a difference between two stances. BreakerBox often does deliver what it promises; it just takes forever and a day for them to do it.
I am not sure of the support you'll garner here, nor on Paypal, given that this fact is true. If nothing else, I hope it encourages Jake to conduct business more professionally in future.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-02-21 17:52:13

Unfortunately I have to agree with Jayde, in that I'm not sure what kind of legal legs you have to stand on if release dates were never stated. That said, a seven year wait period is ridiculous, and may be excessive enough that, even in the absence of an announced release date, pre-orders from that long ago may warrant a refund. I don't know how PayPal handles this sort of stuff. But I do think that some of this is, unfortunately, a situation that buyers have placed themselves in by pre-ordering something without any official recourse to say, "I've been cheated" because they weren't purchasing a promise for a specific release date, and the developer could turn around and say, "Our current estimate for release is 2027, so your money was not stolen."

I'm definitely not saying it's not worth gathering your grievances—you should, and hopefully something will come of it. But perhaps there are also some lessons to be learned here...

2018-02-21 17:56:41

I also have experienced this. I have given a total of $40 to jake, and have received absolutely nothing for it. I bought edge of winter, and the steampunk neverland and clocktower chronicle bundle, and after more than three years of silence on the part of the steampunk games, I can safely say they are probably not coming. While it is true that edge of winter has a very buggy and unrelyable demo out now, it was supposed to be finished at haloween 2015. Its now february 2018. I understand not being able to finish a release date, and as long as the dev can explain why, I don't mind waiting. However no updates have been given on edge of winter's status for two years, until the topic in december of 2017, which also didn't say anything about when the full game would arrive. Enough said, I hope.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-21 18:10:09 (edited by ambro86 2018-02-21 18:10:32)

Hi @Jaide and @ Joseph, about my preorder Jake stated a release date, that not was respected. If I remember correctly Airik 2 would be out in 2012 and Airik 3 in 2013. The lesson I've learned is not to buy preorders anymore. It's a pity because I would be glad to buy the preorder of A Hero's Call, but I would be sure to buy a product that is really here.

2018-02-21 18:13:40

Guys, please only post your issues with not receiving actual released games, and not preorders.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2018-02-21 22:18:14

Hi.
I have received all the released games I have ordered. No issues there, at all. It seems like all mails are send out manually...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-22 23:56:19

As annoyed as I've been with Breakerbox in recent years I still have to agree with Joseph and Jayde. I, like SLJ, have also received all the games I ordered, at least in terms of the games that have already come out. That said I'm certainly not going to argue the fact that Jake needs to adopt a better business model rather than just say he's going to. Because while I know some may not agree I definitely feel that, if he handled these things better he'd have the potential to be a great developer since one thing all his released games have had is great atmosphere. If at the time he'd announced the unreleased games he'd said we hope to release them at such and such a time instead of we will be releasing at such and such a time I'm sure people would have been a lot less annoyed at least at first since it would have been clear that these were projected, tentative release dates. As it stands I'm going to have to actually see these other products released before I'll believe it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-02-23 04:31:21 (edited by SirBadger 2018-02-23 04:35:10)

i have to admit i have also always received titles when I've bought them. pre ordering is another kettle of fish but if it is something that was released i never had an issue.

in fact when airic was released I always got an email with the latest download when ever it was updated rite up to the latest version.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-02-23 08:42:48

ok ... so how many years did it take for you to receive your products?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2018-02-23 09:19:58

LordLundin wrote:

ok ... so how many years did it take for you to receive your products?

It took 3 days, which is the reason for I think everything is send out manually.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-23 11:27:49

I still haven't received anything and it's been 9 days.
I wonder if Paypal pays back money from their own account? So I'm wondering how many filed a dispute with Breakerbox.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2018-02-23 12:26:24

it took about two or three months before I received griff, and about a week before I got griff 2, but don't quote me on that, it was forever ago.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-23 14:40:41

Hi, I would write to update everybody about my question with Jake, that I decided to close. The question is resolved. I've ask Jake to gave me some games that I didn't have. In this way my Airik 2 and Airik 3 preorder is used to buy that game. But I didn't like some beaviour, for example the established dates that are not respected, the games that has often bugs, and the refuse to give refund.
The End

2018-02-23 22:57:34

I got both Gryff and Gryff 2 within a few minutes of placing the orders. Maybe I got lucky but it doesn't change the fact.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-02-24 00:16:44

I actually had a little bit of money toward the end of February, so I attempted a test. I bought Griff the other day, since it was under twenty bucks and I already have Airik the Cleric.

I have heard nothing at all from Jake as of yet. Late last night/early this morning I sent him a firm but polite email at the email address listed, mentioning that I had attempted to purchase one of his games which is already completed, and suggesting that I would open a dispute with Paypal if communication in the near future was not forthcoming.

If absolutely nothing else, this is a system which ought to be automated and isn't. I think Jake ought to fix that. Also, he's still using a Yahoo address. I can't remember the last time I saw one of those.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-02-24 12:31:11

Well, I am not really surprised what is going on. He showed me in the past how he's handling stuff from financial and games technical problems.
In the past I had the same issue where I ordered COMPLETED and RELEASED game but I never got it. Sending e-mail means nothing and his ignorance means no respect from me.
Regarding his games? not worth the money and time. It's just my opinion so yeah.
Games are buggy, the audio is hmm, mix of average and bad samples from various resources (other games too)
Airik the cleric? I never forget how frustrated I was when I was exploring the maps. It's like you are trying to play a video game when you are blind. Searching for opening and items like:
Step right, north wall check, one step right, check, another one? check. Of course there's this scanner but:
1. Slow as hell and buggy at times
2. It's also like that where you need to go a bit to the right for example, turn north (oops, there's no turning big_smile) and use scanner.

Griff?(Oh, do we have Griff 1 and 2? SHOCKED!) In practice both games are almost identical when We skip story aspects in the  general. The samem mechanics, the same bugs and frustration.

So, finalising everything as I said somewhere on the forums: I WONT NEVER BUY ANYTHING from this guy and I don't want to defend someone who is doing everything to lower his status level and who is working like this.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-02-24 13:04:13

Hi,
I think the thing that makes me quite annoyed is that in his latest announcement, he did claim that the system was now automated. For goodness sake, if it's not ready to go, just say you're working on it,don't say that your latest program has it ready to go. This is why I haven't ordered anything from this dev for a couple of years now.

2018-02-24 19:34:08

When i ppurchased griff2, i had to wait for a month just to get the games i ordered, i emailed him for new installers, its been 2 months!
Not again, will i be fooled into purchasing this software that isn't really worth the money and no more will i support this so-called game development studio, end of discussion.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.