2018-02-21 12:18:52

Hello everyone.
PLEASE READ TO THE END!
July 1st, 2016 marked the beginning of a dream for me, but possibly the beginning of a nightmare for others.
Now, over a year and a half later, we walk between giants, the giant successes, and the giant failures, that make up the history of Cosmic Rage.
From a head admin point of view, the game has been a rolercoaster ride, with loops, corkscrews, spins, upside downs and quite a few "what happened there!"
Despite this I'm proud. Proud of a game that has run for nearly 2 years. Proud of a game "that cares."
As part of that caring, we're asking you. Well, I say we, I mean me.
The man of the hour, the guy you all want to smack, repeatedly, with a hammer.
I ask you, have you tried cosmic rage? What made you try it, or, what makes you not want to try it.
Did you leave the game? If so, why? What drove you off. Is it something that if you saw improved, you'd perhaps return some day? If you did leave, how long ago was it?
Perhaps you're a current player? What keeps you coming back, and what, even more, would keep you playing?

Many systems change on Cosmic Rage on a daily bases, and the hardest thing to do is ensure everyone likes it. that is why I want to hear your voice. To make Cosmic Rage your place of paradise, your dawning dream.
Let the rage, begin.
All flames will be used to roast marshmellows.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-21 14:01:01

I've tried it, and some of the issues I had.
It did not feel newbie friendly.
You had to type in a ton of info when trying to create a character instead of just picking stuff from a menu.
The soundpacks weren't available on the website.
It seemed very, very cluttered for a newbie, but my biggest issue was the lack of spellchecking on both your website and the game itself. I know we all make typos now and then, but it just makes your game look like a kid put it together.

2018-02-21 15:07:19

I still say Cosmic Rage sounds like some strange Pokémon attack.

2018-02-21 15:40:00

I've played the game, it's on my regular muds list in Vipmud and I will certainly be playing again.

That being said, it is true Cm isn't quite as compulsive as some games I've tried, so I'll try and  a few things that I've found missing in the game.
The first, and one of the most major things for me, is variety in progression.

cm has a lot of activities with well written descriptions and unique equipment.
The problem is, once you've done an activity for the first time, the activity itself becomes slightly rote.
This is because a large percentage of activities devolve to go to location x, type in a command, wait to get a given resource then type in another command.

Other than occasionally fixing errors with harvesting or trash collecting equipment, there isn't much variation in what you actually have to do while carrying out the activity, you can't be suddenly surprised, or for that matter, suddenly rewarded by something else.

There are a few notable exceptions, particularly those activities like dangerous package delivery that involve a little ground combat, however there should really be more of this, more need to actually be engaged with what your doing,  different levels of rewards, and try  puzzle or fight your way past different circumstances.

After all, something like asteroid mining should involve a little more than just finding an asteroid and waiting, what about cave ins? what about random space junk that might need blowing away, what about suddenly finding valuable mineral remains or bits of dead aliens that need carefully scooping out?

When doing some of the water based activities, what about suddenly finding people floundering in the water you'd need to rescue (rather than having the search command).

Variety is the spice of life, and many of the cm activities need a little spiccing methinks.

This brings me on to the second point, that is combat.
Having combat in asteroid fields was a great idea, the problem is space combat in cm is  not exactly the most tactical kind, generally it's a matter of going in one direction, blasting away with whatever weapons you have hoping that the enemy's fire power or detections don't overwhelm your systems.

it'd be great if space combat was slower and more tactical, and less based on how quickly you can type, not to mention more integrated into the rest of the game and different activities, though as this has been mentioned before I won't say too much.

A third issue for me is questing, The game has quests and they are fun, especially those that come with ground combat, but more quests would be nice, especially giving you a reason to explore different planets and wander around, indeed not just quest, but random items to find or harvest in different locations, giving you a reason to see a lot of the great world cm has to offer.

This also goes with the idea of expanding the ground combat system and making gameplay there more tactically based, since it'd feel much better to have say the possibility of finding something valuable lying around on a hostile alien world if there were hostile aliens ready to leap out and get you big_smile.

I do know there is a little of this later in the game with base attacking and maybe exploring and such, but given all the places you go, from  where humanity was at war with the Kaitsar to dodgy space ports, comit chunks etc, a little more variety and danger would be appreciated.

Finally one thing I will confess that really! gets up my nose in cm is the need for ship upgrades. If I buy any! new ship I must spend a very long time indeed running from place to place to place purchicing so many upgrades for different activities. This also meakes having ships destroyed an incredible inconvenience.
It's not the financial cost here, it's the cost of time, especially when you have to run around so many shops.

it would be great to have a way  keep track of your ship upgrades between vessels and basically just have "some of those"

Again, I know it's possible to do some of this when you have your own factory (something I will be seeing about rather soon in the game myself), but having an option to protect upgrades would be really nice, especially if ship combat gets over hauled, the galaxy becomes more dangerous and your in more danger of losing your ship.

Okay, methinks I've rambled enough.

be sure I will be back on cm myself soon enough, (I really fancy trying exploration). but hopefully you've found some of these thoughts useful.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-21 16:03:20

I played cosmic rage for a few months, as Blaak Greyscale.

The game is too easy. I could write a simple bot for the whole game and leave it running. Not is it only too easy, but it is also quite repetative like Dark said. I'd love there to be more descriptive interaction ... Dark already nailed it and I can't come up with anything at the moment.

I left because of a poor admin choice during a roleplaying event that wasn't looked into when I complained and killed my mood.

I'd love to see more activities scale upwards, so that you don't necessarily have to do that star ... uh I forgot what it's called, the 1100 to 1500 level activity or something.
Maybe you could have more components gathered from various activities for your factory crafting rather than just the base minerals. For example maybe you'd randomly get some special gem you needed for ... uh I can't even remember  the game anymore. I'm thinking some insentive to do another type of activity.

I would get back to Cosmic Rage if I could have my character name Blaak Greyscale. I had an interesting roleplaying plotline in mind but when I asked you I received a no, and I don't know if that was because of technical problems with my name being linked to things and having another character could possibly cause bugs, or ... I don't know honestly.
I feel it's a bit too late now to start the plotline I had in mind but I'll consider coming back if I could use the name.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-02-21 16:05:25

Today this is my favorite mud, but I do not have time to play.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-02-21 16:40:20

Hello all.
I'd like to address people point by point, so here goes:
Nightshade:
Totally understandable. The nonmenu based chargen has actually been removed now and it's much friendlier. I can't say, without lying, the spelling is any better yet, but with the new spell checking tool, it's on its way. I personally went over 4 planets yesterday and today and corrected them, my target is to have 80 percent of spelling mistakes removed by april.
Soundpacks not available on the website: Yeah. Yeah. They're not. Can't deny that. I'll do my best to fix that as soon as possible, the website needs updating, anyway.

Draq:
What is in a name? Would a rose smell sweeter if it were called by another name? Romeo and Juliette.

Dark, the genius:
what can I say, you hit the nail on the head. Your ideas are top of my implementation list. Nice ideas, sir.

Lordlondon:
As per policy, a name once used, may not be reused. I can understand how this would be frustrating. But if there are no rules, there is no order.

Thanks so much and keep the reviews coming!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-21 21:05:23

I feel obligated to start out by saying that I've never played your game extensively. I gave it a shot once on a day when I was really bored a couple months ago, but only stuck through the first 50-100 ish levels.
I do know people who do, though, and from asking around I'm reasonably confident that the issues I had with it don't go away at higher levels.
I'd also like to apologize in advance if I come off as overly harsh, I'm just trying to provide honest feedback here.
1. Spelling, grammar and syntax.
Pretty important for a text game, and yet very obviously not given enough attention in yours. Never have I read a line of text from your game and gone oh wow, that's well written. from help files to starship messages and room descriptions, I've never gotten the impression that writing quality matters. If I'm playing a text game, I expect to get quality text- not something slapped together on the back of a napkin. It's not just the presence of mistakes, it's the lack of depth,  about the lack of consistency. I got the impression of trying to read a project done in google docs where 13 different people are trying to add things in without going back and making sure the top half of the document matches in style to the bottom half. I expect some variety in messages, too. having only played the game briefly, the one thing that comes to mind at this second is weapons firing, which from what I remember relied on a single message with a single adjective and the name of the weapon changing for variety, but other than that was almost exactly the same for 80 percent of the weapons I saw- again, I admit that I only played the game briefly.
I can live with typos- they happen to all of us- but I expect at least some modicum of effort put into presentation of text when the entire game is about text. Wow me with your writing skills. I don't expect PHD thesis level writing, but I'd hope it's not unreasonable to get something that doesn't read like an eighth grade project that isn't even being marked on grammar.
2. me and a five-year-old would be equally good at playing Cosmic Rage.
As mentioned above, very many of your activities are rote tasks- type this, then wait, then type that, then wait, rinse and repeat, or buy an upgrade that makes it so you only have to type one command. More than that, though, it feels like many activities are carbon copies of each other- drawing from my experience, I didn't feel a difference between trash collecting and volcano harvesting, for example, or several other activities who's names I've forgotten. yes, the commands and some of the text changed, but I was literally doing the same thing, and from asking around this appears to be a recurring theme even at high levels. The buttons change, the messages change a bit, but you, in essence, are doing the same exact thing in almost all the multitude of activities cosmic rage has to offer. I get the impression that there are four or five activity templates reused ten or twenty times each, and from what I experienced and what others tell me, once you've done one activity from the template you can pick up any of the others in seconds.
I've also been lead to believe that at no point is there an activity requiring true strategic thinking, planning, timing yourself, or anything similar- that as I said earlier, a child capable of typing would not be disadvantaged at all if they and I started playing at the same time. Nowhere is there a cutoff related to skills, save combat which I will address in a minute. If you can use a keyboard, you can play cosmic rage- which, don't get me wrong, trying to appeal to gamers of any skill level is great and all- it just provides nothing in the challenge department. from everything I've been told, no matter what if you sink enough time into it you'll end up at the top even if you barely understand what you're doing. For a game to truly be enjoyable to me, I have to be challenged. There needs to be some amount of effort involved, if I can get to the top by keyboard mashing at 3 AM then it's not particularly fun. Make people have to use their brains sometimes.
3. The issue of combat.
This is definitely not unique to your game, but the way space combat works has got to change. I'm not even going to go int much detail here, I think @Dark addressed it pretty well above for your particular case. What I will say, though, is if a game relies heavily on luck and better upgrades to do well at an activity touted as the one requiring the most player skill, something isn't ideal.
Again, I'm sorry if any of this came off as me trying to insult you- I'm honestly just trying to provide my personal, and hopefully constructive! reasoning for not liking your game.
Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful day.

2018-02-21 22:03:45

Hi rashad,
Thank you for your comments.
As with everyone elses, they are highly appreciated and will be worked upon to the best of my ability. Obviously some things take time, but they can be done.
In response to your possible harshness, I shrug, I shrug. I asked for the truth, not to be cuddled and babied, and you've been truthful, I respect you, sir. And thank you.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-21 22:03:51

Well, In my case, I played the game a few monts ago. I enter to it well time to time to see what is happen and do some actibities, but in general I think that the game is fun.

One suggestion, so that the actibities are not necesarili scalables. I know that some activities give more exp than others, but IDk. give options to manage your own complete fleet of trash truck can give to you a good amount of exp and credits. or give the option to buy various vehicles, and let you share (or rent) it to other players, to get rewards like a enterprise. It will be very fun.

Other thing, is improbe the group experience. currentli, to have activities with friends, you need a.. well some time playing the game, but in various moment,s you want specially at start, can do things with your friends, so add more group activities at all range of levels.

And well, In my case, I love the "non-rol" experience, so, keep it as is done today. as an alternative, not mandatory. if you don't want to do a roleplay you can't do it and only play with activities, do things with only your friends, etc.

Finally, well. add some variations in the process of each activities, to have differences between how you do each one tongue

A, and improve the mushclient soundpack.

For me, these are all the suggestions. for all of other things, the game is very nise.

2018-02-21 22:15:49

So, I played for a bit this morning. Here are my observations so far.
I have a big problem with having to type save to save ones progress, as evidenced by this bit of text from the game.
You are a newbie, so your data has been automatically saved. Past level 50, you will need to type save to do this regularly, or purchase the autosave donator item.
I have a problem with this, because the MOO checkpoints automatically. Why make people pay for something your MOO already does?
Character creation seems to have a lot of questions and be very cluttery.
Some questions have over 150 options, that is a lot for a newbie.
I like the addition of the academy.
I'll report more as I figure it out.

2018-02-21 22:22:17

Hi nightshade!
I'm happy to welcome you back, and sad I missed you!
Some of the options are quite long, I do agree. The saving thing is for saving skills through death, rather than actually saving your character to disk, as it were.
thanks!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-21 23:28:13

Spelling and grammar are big issues because if you use another synth other than eloquence, they will most likely report a lot of these words eloquence will say just the same even if its terribly misspelled. Not only that but it just makes sighted people cringe. IF sighted people take the time to make their games accessible to blind people, I think a decent gesture would be for the blind people to do the best they can to make their games visually appealing, that means yes, going in and fixing these long standing god awful spelling errors.

I think the nail has also been struck quite forcefully and accurately about the activities being just a matter of typing over and over the right thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't see a problem with some chill activities, but little challenge is not good either.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-22 01:48:25

@Dardar,  My personal experience.
1.  You're trying to double as both public relations guy and programmer.  I've no doubt that you're successful at the latter, but from a PR standpoint I can't give you any credit, and that based on your posts alone!  In your first post you admit to being tossed around like a yoyo where systems are concerned, where things can change on a daily basis; it shouldn't work like that.  Systems in a game should be carefully considered, methodically and meticulously planned.  Thorough questions must be asked about the system you're trying to implament; does one group benefit over another?  Does one group suffer more than another?  What are the perks and faults concerning this system?  Can we introduce another system that'll balance it out?  How will it work with everything else currently in place?  All of these and more are questions I'd be asking if I were in your shoes, understanding that I can't truly know the outcome of any system I introduce, nor can I know how people are going to react to it, but aware that you have to have a listening ear that is capable of pulling apart the fans from the fools willing to say anything to see if they can push your buttons.  Some people can double as both coder and promotional voice of their product; your short answers sometimes make me wonder if you've thought about this aspect of things at all.  More often than not I'd come across statements and other particulars while playing that made me wonder if you wanted to be taken seriously or not, IE, jokes about being too fat to walk through walls, and leaving unattended typos on both your game and your website.  Were I anyone else, I'd think you didn't care. There is tons of repetitious writing especially in descriptions, as of this writing something is busted which doesn't allow people to teleport out of the beginners accademy and go home, and I keep getting spammed by the 32nd survey requiring my attention.
2.  Saving your data manually versus paying to have it saved automatically... Why, for the life of me, is this even a thing!  I get it!  You want donation incentives, but I struggle to find why this was even an idea, given this is not an offline game and there are far more greater conveniences you could be offering.  Telling people they have to pay to save their progress after a certain level is nothing short of telling your fans that if they value their progress at all on your game they had better not be stupid, because you can't be bothered putting in any extra effort on your part unless they cough up a chunk of change they otherwise wouldn't need.  Can you imagine how many people would dump Alter aeon if this became a thing out there?  Not only that, but getting a spammy message about being a complete newb every 10 minutes or so is somewhat distasteful.
3.  Excess material... I have no idea what half of it is or why I should even consider it!  Thankfully, the accademy now exists and tells you a bit about where you should go, but it still seems rather vague!
4.  Character creation?  Still spurious and has far more clutter in it than is entirely necessary.  Let people go color their hair in hair care parlors and beautify themselves in beauty salons or what have you, but having to pick through a list of a few dozen plus options for my hair color, nail color, etc etc... Do some of those even exist in real life?  I shudder to think they might, just might!
5.  Menus are busted!  Example:
1: Message board. Price: 7,644,695.4 credits, level: 1. Items in stock, 39
2: Message board. Price: 8,518,374.8 credits, level: 1. Items in stock, 35
May I kindly ask what the blazes is up with that?
6.  Grouping is currently a fit of giggles waiting to happen.  I followed nightshade, but was apparently able to break the whole thing by getting a taxi, claiming I was going somewhere entirely different, then she, by moving, was able to just, bring me back to where she was.
7.  Cities are spuriously huuuuge!
8.  Scanning really shouldn't be as difficult as it is now, something else which is exceptionally spurious; why in this supposedly high-tech modern day and age can this mining scanner not just give me the closest items to me first?  Admitedly, that last line is rather cool, but seriously!

And now, for the stuff I do like!
1.  Thankfully, your host/admin/assistive people who help out are more prominant and able to help!  We left for home almost 10 minutes after I wrote up my first set of statements; thank Lara Stardust for us if you get the chance.
2.  newbie tips: freaking awesome little bit since I last played!
3.  Mentors!  Another little addition I find welcoming!
4.  Extensively documented help files, both a help and a hindrance because you're not exactly sure what you should be reading when, but I think I like it, mostly.
Will be back with more as I go; I plan on giving this as much time as I possibly can.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-22 03:27:56

The saving thing I think people have misconceptions about. This isn't the concept of storing your playerfile to disk or something else like that, yes a moo is configurable in when and how often it checkpoints, this isn't that though. The saving is akin to Hellmoo's clones where you update your data at the clone banks. SO, the donator item just takes care of that for you automatically. This is what happens if you die, if you're a newbie, you're immune from the system, past that point, you need to type save at important points in your char's career. You can do that as often as you wish unless that was changed since I've last played, so there's no strategy to it. When you die, you're restored to life with the stats of your last save. It's not as though your complete existence is rolled back, things like money will remain with you, vehicles you own, stuff of that nature, you will still have all your weapons, items, vehicle phobs, things like that, just your physical stats will be reverted, as well as your level and some other things.

This therefore isn't a scam, or a distasteful thing of that nature since you're not being forced to pay for the moo's checkpoints. Actually its quite possible to get your hands on donator items without ever having given a cent. Just submitting a profile will net you 500RP, and if not, well, bug someone about it, not all hosts do that, but its in the help file so it should be honored. There are also events and stuff every once in a while where you can win donator cash. Also, if you input your birthday IRL, you can get a donator item of up to 15 pounds on your birthday if you put in a ticket for it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-22 04:25:11

I feel... so ignored u.u

2018-02-22 06:48:23

I played it until I reached somewhere around level 160 at which point we have to shift to asteroid harvesting and stuff to earn more points to level. I found those activities too tedious and too slow in yielding rewards. Later on it became even worse when you needed to haul and store resources in tanks to keep up with the points and credits. I left it at that point. It was a good and interesting game however, and a good break from fantasy muds. What I'm saying was a long time ago and things would have changed by now. I probably need to reset my character and try it again.

2018-02-22 07:15:04

i don't think i'm not an english,or my english not good enough will got policy worning,i really not good at writing description,on the other hand,i think  game should more roleplay focus,but if force profile,no,again,english.
this is i saying.

2018-02-22 08:53:58

Hi.
My job and other activities takes all my time, so I don't have the time to play such complex game at the moment. Otherwise, I really enjoyed playing the game long time ago.
Is there any reason for it's only the Vip mud soundpack which is being updated? Being able to play the mud in a web browser with a soundpack would be awesome.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-22 09:12:08

@Nocturnus Lara Stardust = Nathan big_smile
But yes, their support is quite nice ... thankfully, since last time I played I had a habbit of breaking the game every 5 minutes.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-02-22 15:59:47

@LordLundin really?  lol I guess my message got across, then!  I never would have guessed!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-22 17:43:39

@Nocturnus, in terms of auto saving, saving in the game isn't  necessary or has much to do with whether you donate or not, since the game saves itself when you perform many activities, or you can just type save if your worried, though %90 of the time you don't need to.
I've bought a couple of donator items for the game, but auto saving wasn't one of them because I saw no need for it.
this is a text game, so why should my character be short with tanned skin, blue eyes and black hair when they can be compact with richly olive skin, sky blue eyes and curley black hair, actually this was  one of the first htings that struck me about Cr, not just that I got to play a dragon, but that I got to play a dragon who's physique and colouring I decided upon myself.

I will say I do find colouring options for each and every bought item rather long  since if I am buying a shovel or a radio I'd rather just buy a shovel or a radio than have to specify, but you can get through the options pretty quickly.

I'm also afraid I disagree regarding size of locations, I personally love exploring, and having a planet that feels at least somewhat large, rather than just a couple of shops next to a launch pad increases immersion factor for me especially if the planet is a particularly alien or harsh environment and I can find out about it's history, culture, place in the universe etc.

I would like to see the writing in the game cleaned up a little, since there are some interesting locations in terms of description, especially given Cr also contains soundpacks), so getting rid of a few of the more childish messages E.g "your too fat to go that way" or "The game crashed!" type saving messages would contribute to the game's atmosphere.
This isn't to say the game should be humourless, just that it would be nice if the humour and descriptive level were equaled out, so that a really harsh environment such as sdf outpost theta 15 did not appear along side really silly messages.

The one problem I have with many of the games' locations is that practically there isn't a lot of point! in exploring since you will not get attacked, run into quests, find items to hunt for etc. This is especially jarring on particularly harsh or wore torn planets, particularly given that the Cr universe is supposed to be  one of inter racial war where people are far from safe.
The same goes for space, indeed if combat in the game were a little less based on firing and forgetting and typing quickly, and a little more tactical, it would also be possible to make space a trifle more dangerous and thus more interesting than it is even the ratica have had their teeth pulled in recent updates to the game, going from acid spewing predators whom ship captains need to fight off, to just a miner annoyance you can largely ignore if you remember to get the right bits of equipment (which you need to do for each and every room in each and every ship you own).

I do agree in terms of writing that some extra text alternatives for activities might be fun, but if activities were engaging enough and had enough by way of potential surprises and variety this would probably matter rather less than it does, after all I wouldn't mind hearing "your harvesting equipment diploys" every time if there was then a potential of me having to interact with the equipment a little more and watch out for something unexpected to come up that I might need to deal with.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-22 19:12:37

At Dark, that's precisely what I meant about the spuriousness of cities being so pointlessly huuuuge!  they have a ton of rooms that mean virtually nothing nor add any purpose to your exploring them, other than just, being there!  It'd be nice to have some sort of occasionall, tiny surprise thrown in along the way as is the case with say, AHC, where when you visit a city or other site you find a trashheap that contains items you can sel or use yourself later to do stuff with.  The game should, theoretically be able to spawn things like this, frequently enough to detract from the monotony of just walking around, but not enough to make you overly filthy rich or anything like that.

2018-02-22 19:49:38

The thing is, Cr already has a hole bunch of systems that would rock if implemented for random encounters on planets.

Hunting, gathering, archaeology, lots of resources and crafting projects, not to mention  ability to have random encounters and a potentially interesting ground combat system.

All that needs to happen is a few of these things need to be spread randomly around the different planets rather than just occuring in one area, then come with a reward.
I'd love to be able to wander the desert in saharia, be attacked by a random critter which I could then slay and skin, and be able to fashion the skin into something that I could then sell off to a trader for credits, or to wander the lower decks on some grimy space station, only to be set upon by a gang of shalker mercinaries who drop some draconic wrelics that I could then take to an archaeology research center to decode for cash.

Or how about having my hand mining computer suddenly alert me that I'm close  a vane of minerals so it's time to pull out my shovel and start digging.

While we're on the suggestions field, I would also suggest a miner change to ground combat, since at the moment  only die if their torso or head is mangled (an entombed reference?), this in effect means that when fighting the more body parts an enemy has, the less chance you have of disabling them, especially because it seems that enemies can suffer manglement of most body parts without too much inconvenience, indeed sometimes it's taken me longer to kill lower level vacus than higher level droidics simply because of the fewer body parts :d.

It'd be nice if this balance was addressed, e.g if an enemy's legs (or tentacles, wheels etc), were damaged they could no longer walk, meaning you could sit in another squeare on the battle field and pepper them to death at a distance, or if an enemy's hands were  damaged their attack options would be reduced.

This would be particularly good if, as I hope, we see  enemies and more attacks in the future.

2018-02-22 21:05:06

@dark, I like it.  I'm in entire agreement with 24.  What's more, I intend to stick around as long as I can to try and give the game as fair of a trial as I possibly can, though the fact that we're in development stages ourselves with a game we hope will provide some challenge to the current status quo where space and futuristic sci-fi moos and games overall are concerned, as well as an alternative to what to me is arguably some rather primative feeling stuff given how far in the future the story lines are set, means Nightshade and I will more than likely not be giving it as much time as we otherwise would.  this is not meant to be an attack on any of the currently existing moos; we owe a ton of our inspiration to Miriani which we've been playing on and off for the past decade, to SC which has a ton of features we like but which we haven't really cared much for because of all of the enforced socializing/RP/stringent profile creation, and Prometheus, which, thus far, out of all of them, felt most like home to me.  CR, if nothing else, has shown me that there is a ton of interest for this content.