2018-01-04 13:49:01

Hey guys. Just throwing this topic up for anyone who gets stuck in this specific section of the game to post questions and look for tips. Most of the questions I've read seem to revolve around the Graveyard or Mines, but oddly, I'm stuck in the tree.

So here's the problem:

SPOILER

I've made it through the strangle vines, through the tree door puzzle, and I've found the journals of both dead brothers. I've flipped both switches, as well as clearing out all 4 areas of choked weeds on rings 2 and 3. I've found the secret entrance out. But I still have the Heartwood quest in my log. From what I've been able to gather, I'm looking for a core room with some sort of boss battle, but no matter where I look I can't find it. I see a dead end hallway in the center of the 3rd ring that looks like a good place to find a boss, but when I go down it, nothing triggers. Any tips on where I should be looking? I'm worried that maybe it's bugged out.

2018-01-04 13:59:49

Hi,
You're not the only one that's having difficulty. As for me, I'm getting stuck getting into the tree, I can't seem to find the combination anywhere. Any tips on where I can look for this?
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-01-04 14:07:28 (edited by JasonBlaze 2018-01-04 14:10:41)

spoiler!
you have to enter the fourth ring to reach the core, and there are 3 switches anyways, the last one is near the secret exit.
@ post 2: the combination for the tree is somewhere around there, try searching on north and south tower.
end spoiler.

2018-01-04 19:58:01 (edited by daniel 2018-01-04 20:26:22)

Hi,
Thanks for the tip, beware spoilers if you read past this point. Even though I've looked around, all I've been able to find is the ancient clearing past the north watchtower, and it doesn't seem to have anything of note in it besides an alter and standing stone. I''m probably missing something really simple, but not sure why this is so difficult to find.
Thanks for any help,

Daniel

2018-01-05 14:14:48

Possible spoiler ahead:

When I play tested the game in stages way earlier than the Kickstarter campaign was even a thing, and when I watched Liam's streams, the thing containing the solution was to be found directly inside one of the watchtowers.

I understand how frustrating it must be to uselessly look for a specific thing, not even knowing what exactly it is, for ages, but in such a case, can't you just try switching your attention to a different quest or part of the story? After all, this shouldn't in fact be called having difficulties. Being forced to explore and search is one of the game's core mechanisms to establish its challenge, immersion and long play time. You are not supposed to complete it over two or three days of intensive playing.

Just my thoughts.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2018-01-06 11:02:55

Hi,
While I hesitate to say this, I think it may have been a problem with my savefile, on account of the fact that when on a hunch I created a new character I was able to find it, so problem solved.
Thanks again,

Daniel

2018-01-06 13:57:05

I can't seem to find the third flower.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2018-01-07 09:56:51

Naruto wrote:

I can't seem to find the third flower.

The flowers are placed randomly, and they can be difficult to find. But, you know what sound you need to listen for...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-07 10:05:56

spoiler!
on my game , the flowers are:
1. near the entrance to the deepwood ruins
2. near far heaven gate
3. ainchent road leading to the temple on the east.
try searching around there, if you don't found anything then it's completely random.

2018-01-07 15:26:46 (edited by kianoosh 2018-01-07 15:29:21)

Hello. Could someone tell me what I should do iin the deepwood ruins, I got a dialog and my tts interrupted and i did not know how to read the dialog again so I passed it and totally stuck lol. Also i searched the north and south towers, there is nothing instead of a fiew bandit cashes and an alter which i really don't know what that thing is used for. Any tips really would be a pritiated.
edit: Could that be cause of save file corruption, I dout it because i still haven't made it to the fallen tree in the forest. Just i'm worried and a fraid if my save file is corrupted i have to do it all again awwa.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-01-07 23:39:47

Hello together,
I am kind of stuck in the forest. But for me it is not the main quest, but the side quest "Laying Down the Law". Spoiler:
I managed it to kill enough bandits and the Captain talled me to find places where the bandits could hide, such as ridges and knolls.

I have found two ridges. The first one west from the city gate and the other one by the intersection of the north south road and west east road. When I have found a knoll a little to the east from the north south road. These three places doesn't seam to be the only places. Atleast I don't see anything new in my quest log. Do you know, where the rest of this places are to find?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards
Shadowlink

2018-01-08 10:38:15

hi there
@Shadowlink
spoiler!
there are  2 ridges , high bluff , rocky outcropping, grassy nole, try to find those yourself first. if you still stuck i'll help.
spoiler end.

2018-01-08 10:46:38

Kianoosh, just in case this happens to you again in the future, it could help you to know that there is a keystroke to open your speech log in a text file. It contains who knows how many last spoken entries but it's always really huge, so you should certainly be able to find anything that has happened within your last game session in there. To open the always updated, most recent speech log, you can press ctrl+shift+l at any time.
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2018-01-08 22:57:57

hey guys, not trying to highjack the thread or anything, but there is an unofficial skype group for the game here. https://join.skype.com/uUoiwNJUhDPM

2018-01-20 18:42:37 (edited by Fionella 2018-01-20 21:05:31)

Hi there,

I've got a problem with the quest "laying down the law".

SPOILER

No problem with the first part, but now I have to find locations such as ridges or bluff.
I think I found all the locations, but when I enter one of them, nothing happens. I expected to hear the sound telling me that I had managed a part of the quest, but nothing. And this for any location I found.
I understood reading the last posts here that there were five, I found five, but nothing happens, my quest log remains unchanged and I can't figure what I did wrong.
Is there something to do when I reach a spot ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Edit:
Forget this message. It worked finally. I suppose I was sure to have been to a place where I actually had'nt. smile
Sorry for the bother.

2018-02-06 14:34:09

hi all. i've been playing this wonderful game for a while and it's fantastic. i'm a little stuck. i can't get past the hedges in the second ring of the tree to get the prison open. i went to town and bought sheers but i still get the messsage some magic might do it or someone can cell you a tool. Does anyone know how to get passed? help will be greatly appreciated. Also can't locate all the bandit camp sites after i reported the number of ambush sites to the captain. A little unrelated but does someone know what the lock combination is in the grave yard to get to the final roon stones? Thanks for any help. kind regards

2018-02-06 18:34:32

kind of spoilers,
i've had the same issue with teh laying donw the law quest, it's supposed to tell you that it's an ambush site and then asks if you want to add to your nmap, but for me that doesn't happen.

for teh heart of deepwood, you want to have a mage with you, their fire skill will burn the vines away.

2018-02-07 04:19:11

thanks a lot. i did find all the ambush sites but can't find all the camp sites. cheers

2018-02-08 00:34:59

You actually don't need a Mage if you buy the sheers.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-02-08 02:13:33

Unless the shears are bugged. If Nightrider bought the shears and got that dialogue, but didn't see a prompt to use the shears, they may indeed be bugged.

2018-02-08 08:41:12

hey guys. i did buy the sheers but they didn't work. i used the mage and got through finally. Done with the deepwood quest now. just can't finish the laying down the law quest. Got passed all the ambush sites but can't find all the bandit camp sites. i found quite a number of them but can't find more. there's one area where a fire burns but when i go there nothing happens. don't know if it's a bug or just to confuse a player hahaha! thanks for the help so far. cheers

2018-02-08 15:43:40

Is the area labeled as a bandit campsite? If not then it was probably just a poor map design choice on our part. If it has the region name "Bandit Campsite" then it may be a bug and would be worth reporting to our support email with specific coordinates.

2018-02-09 03:00:23

hi there. not labled as a bandit camp site but there are a lot of crates and it's close to the river on the north east side.

2018-02-22 14:41:11

Hi. I need help with finding the second journal as well as finding the first lever. I have tried everything I can think of. mabey I'm missing something. Any help is appreciated.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-02-22 15:23:39

Can someone tell me where all the wolves den are?