2018-02-22 12:51:36

Are you talking about a cloudminer? They're often unprofitable.

2018-02-22 14:41:19

blindndangerous wrote:

I use nicehash minor legacy and blockchain.info. I know that I'm not going to make much, but it's something and that's really all I'm after. A learning experience. It just chugs along on my laptop, pulling about a dollar maybe a bit higher a day.

Hi,
I'mn also interested in something like this. Downloading the latest version of nicehash, I seem to be stuck when it asks you to varify that you are indeed a human. I'm just wondering how you mannaged to get round this?
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-02-22 17:07:03

yeah I am stuck on the same captcha aswell. since the app doesn't use your main browser I can't get it to read with any of the captcha solving software available.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-10-28 13:20:30

Always keep your coins/tokens outside of an exchange. For trading crypto I use Coinbase (you can use its alternatives suggested here http://entreresource.com/coinbase-alternatives/ ), but never store the coins on it. For storing my tokens, I prefer a hardware wallet.

2018-10-28 16:16:39

You think I'd get any luck with Nicehash on my old Inspiren1545 laptop with a Pentium t4300? Decent specs for its time, and while it would probably be horribly slow compared to today's standards, I don't even use the machine anymore so wonder if it's even worth keeping idol for slow and steady mining.

2019-03-27 11:44:17

First of all remember that keeping money on any exchange website is not a good idea, so you should deposit your coins on a cold wallet check out this info https://cryptolinks.com/cryptocurrency-wallet , which actually looks like a USB drive but is only connected to the internet when you transfer the money. It's the safest way to store your investments, I think so

2019-03-27 18:27:22

There actually is going to be an accessible wallet made called Icy Wallet, and this is an accessible cold wallet for the blind. No, it will not cost you an arm and a leg - the software is going to be open source and will run on a Raspberry Pi.

2019-03-27 19:31:12

Not sure why people are interested in mining bitcoin; its most likely the most unstable currency out there and by the time you get anything valuable it'll most likelybe value-less because of the ridiculously large amount of fluctuation bitcoin goes through these days. I'd personally wait until it stabilizes a bit, IMO, since I definitely don't have enough money to buy a good enough GPU to get anything worthwhile.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-03-27 19:36:43 (edited by jack 2019-03-27 19:37:38)

What about posting/curating content on the Steamit network? Although for some reason they never got around to accepting my account creation request, but then again I also requested account creation on Thanksgiving, not exactly the best time.