2018-02-19 11:34:21

Hello,
as the topic says. Let's discuss this games' story.
I personally thing BK1 has the most deep story of all the trilogy, even though the topic is a bit childish. The thing that ruins BK2 and BK3 story immersion is the fact, that characters remind the players that this is only a game!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-02-19 14:07:28 (edited by pulseman45 2018-02-19 18:23:51)

I see where your coming at, somehow it's one of the series fun aspect, but it also somehow breaks immersion though, for me, really not that much. But I still think Bito deservs these red paintballs lol.
Also, I like how the hero sometimes becomes so angry that he destroys everything in his way. No such things in BK3 though, I guess he became wiser/acquired more self-control during those 4 years between 2 and 3.
But I'd admit the hero is what bugs me the most in these games. He sounds like a boy, but sometimes it's really difficult to imagine he's not a fully grown man. I mean OK, sometimes his reactions are over the top, but still.
I wish he had a defined name. I mean, the Zelda series has Link, the Ys series has Adol Christin, so it would feel more natural if the BK series' hero had a name. Especially since he actually talks, unlike some other action/rpg heroes.

2018-02-19 17:14:59

I actually like the fourth wall breakage, keeps the game funny. And it's not like it's the only game that does this stuff either, just look at metal gear solid 2.
I actually can't decide which game's story I like best, it's kinda hard.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-02-19 23:37:01

I like three the best, and also like the breaking of the fourth wall and the fact that the game pokes fun at itself. That's not really about the story, though, so I don't think that has an impact.. the story itself is good because it shows how much the character has developed since the first game. I also think the voice should be a little different, I almost think multiple voices wouldn't be a bad idea, but that's me though. The fact that the story in BK 3 also has to do with teaming up with people and actually shows character relationships is one of the best parts of it. It's not an extraordinary work of fiction, but sometimes simple is best, as it ishere.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-02-20 02:42:06

I like the voice the way it is.
It feels kinda weird that
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
... It feels kinda weird that the bosses-turned-allies are almost useless after turning, other than Yamijin and Carla. Like, it's a curious that, when things got crazy early in 3, Charles didn't build a fleet of those self-cleaning SAD2.0 robots. Maybe there wasn't enough time? But in that case shouldn't he have hung back and worked on that, instead of trying to storm the air fortress with the others during stage 4?
Still, I like it overall. ^_^ ... I really need to finish BK1 lol I still haven't beaten Kisenon, even though the strategy for him is obvious and easy. :$

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-02-20 12:23:41

I also think BK3's story is my favourite, though I have to admit, when I played 1 and 2 with JGT, some things were quite difficult to understand, for me at least.
As for the hero's voice, maybe for BK1 and 2 it was fine, but considering BK3s story it's difficult to imagine why the hero would still sound like a boy.

2018-02-21 03:26:05

Bk1 story got the best out of me really, even though sometimes it's...well actually it's pretty reasonable to a 10 year old boy to lose temper and go wild. Yamijin is my favorite character of all time, and that kuihihihihihi laugh gets to me, lol.

I also like the open minded talk in bk3 after the hero rescues Carla, and the very emotional scene in bk2 after 10-4. These two scenes are what I see link the growth of the character together.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-02-21 12:14:31

Oh yeah,
what makes these stories so real, is the fact that the developer was groving with the characters he developed.
@cae
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
Kisenon is supereasy, just when he charges, jump to the other side of him and smash with buster blade.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com