2018-02-14 18:35:19

Hi,
A friend of mine has recently got a Huawei Y7 device with android 7 as a gift. At first, There seemed to be 2 problems with it. One was lack of the home button, which ment that there was no way to turn off and on talkback quickly, but that was fixed with talkback's suspend and resume feature. The second problem, for which we haven't been able to find a solution yet, is typing. You can only type on it with 1 tap. Dragging your fingers until you find the desired key on the keyboard doesn't work, unfortunately. It also doesn't have the "rappid key input" option. Despite it being a gift, It seems to be a good device, so he really doesn't want to sell it or anything, if he can help it. We appreciate it if anyone has got a solution. An accessible keyboard software, a special tool, anything as long as it works :)
Thanks in advance

2018-02-14 22:51:59

I know these crappy keyboards on huawey y devices, kiap but good.
I have a solution for you.
1: Go to play store.
2: Use voice search and search or google keyboard or swiftkey, these 2 ones are the best from my experience, along with samsung keyboard.
And after installing, folow the steps to configure it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-02-17 11:03:30

i could also recomend samsung keyboard and google keyboard. they are reely good for what you want

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-02-17 22:10:53

I recommend Google keyboard as I have had a number of issues with samsung keyboard where in the phonetics of the letters are incorrect or what is spoken is not always what is displayed.

As to the other issue, check what version of Android and Talkback is installed on the device, because the newer versions definitely have the ability to type by sliding your finger to the letter and releasing. This is under accessibility settings.

Good luck.

Shadow

2018-02-18 05:37:34

I'm also using Google Keyboard for my daily typing. It works great.

2018-02-18 12:32:50

The keyboard for Samsung phones will get a make over once Android Oreo arrives. AKA, Samsung Experience 9.0.

2018-02-18 14:51:39

Hi last night i found soft braille keyboard, and it works great.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-02-19 09:50:02

Wow I had no idea Samsung keyboard was actually a freely open thing (I'm still pretty new to Android.) Assuming it's the same one that ships with the galaxy's then yeah that ones pretty good, definitely the one I can use the fastest on Android. I liked the idea of gBoard although it felt really laggy when dragging my finger around. I think someone said it was better in Android 8, but I can't confirm yet. I'm on an S7 and waiting for Oreo to drop. Their event is on Sunday, so hopefully it should start dropping not too long after that. I guess you could try fleksy if that's still a thing and you didn't mind experimenting. If it's like iOS then it's probably not terribly accessible anymore. I'm not really sure whatever happened on their end, but I think there were some pretty drastic changes made super quickly and since then we've been left in the dust. Oh well.

2018-02-19 18:18:52 (edited by pulseman45 2018-02-19 18:29:44)

@8: I'm about as surprised as you, maybe I should try installing Voice Assistant on my OnePlus 5T after all. I mean, not that I don't like Talkback, especially with the interesting things it brought recently, but I feel voice assistant helps doing some tasks more fluidly.

2018-02-19 21:27:08

Like I said in my previous posts, these are only, but only on samsung devices, the keyboard and the assistant.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-02-19 23:03:28 (edited by pulseman45 2018-02-19 23:03:41)

OK. Sorry for the misunderstanding. No surprise I found that so strange.

2018-02-19 23:40:28

I just looked on the play store and the keyboard is actually a thing you can download.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … nputmethod