2018-02-19 06:32:58 (edited by CrystalD 2018-02-19 06:33:58)

I have a youTube Channel where I post music, and I've wanted to do live streams of my covers on YouTube for a while.  The road block I always come up against is, I don't want my screen reader to be heard while the stream is going, so I'd be able to interact in the live stream chat, or be able to do other things like selecting music without the screen reader being heard.  Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so how would I go about doing it?  I'd love to do live concert sort of things too, but once again really don't want my screen reader to be heard lol.

2018-02-19 06:48:00

I think there might be a way with something like virtual audio cable? Have the screen reader output to a different device from the audio you want to stream, even if that means virtual shenanigans.
Other than that, the best I've got, OTTOMH, is to use a braille display and mute speech, if that's a viable option.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-02-19 06:58:44

I'd also recommend Virtual Audio Cable. Because many visually impaired streamers always use Virtual Audio Cable. Just set your screen reader output to another sound device, and you're ready to go.

2018-02-19 10:18:50

@CrystalD,
It really depends on how much you're willing to spend in the money department.  VAC is a wonderful and convenient little option I myself don't use because I have an audio interface/10 input stereo mixer and can rout audio in ways I never was able to before now, with just a few button pushes and knob twists.  I can monitor things without having them heard, have people hear things I myself don't want to hear, which is rather useful when someone on my TT server is enjoying something I myself am not interested in or have already heard, and beyond that, spice up my audio life with audio processing and a bunch of other bells and whistles you probably don't need.  The options are there though, so the long and short of it is, yes, there is a way, a myriad of ways, in fact, to do what you wish, and we're here to help you, based on what you choose to do.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-19 11:55:45

yep, using virtual audio cable, setting audio to it, and setting your screen reader to headphones will do the job nicely.

2018-02-19 13:52:25

I have a audio Interface mixer but I see now way to rout programs to it. Its a two input output mixer. Is this only possible on digital mixers. I would really love to do routing from the mixer level.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-02-19 19:10:15

@hurstseth405,
Yamaha MG XU, easiest and most afordable solution I could find, and I don't regret a cent spent.  I have far too much fun with the thing to dwell upon all the other stuff I could have bought, the most recent incident being a file I piped through TT that seriously surprised one of our guests because he wondered how it could be coming so clearly through his computer, almost enough to make him believe it was his PC doing it rather than mine.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-19 20:04:07

Do you have to have wires or cables or is there software it comes with.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-02-19 21:34:10

Wires and cables; you'll want the drivers, but they're easy enough to track down.