2018-02-19 00:32:44

I am giving this one a try currently unfortunately the campfire thing didn't work, maybe they're country locked or something, but hopefully I can play solo and just do quests and such.
the game does look fun.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-19 02:08:44

Dark,

the campfire is just a chatroom, everyone plays solo, campfire is just for chatting and sharing tips.

2018-02-19 08:42:34

Hi.
@nolly: Thanks a lot for the great information. I wasn't sure on how the map is shown on the screen, so thanks a lot for the description.
How are you able to have multiple characters in multiple campfires?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-19 12:48:01

I am enjoying the game, but either I am very unlucky or the percentage rates shown on quests aren't accurate, since the number of times I've failed at a  quest with %80 success rate is rather astounding big_smile.

I can see the game being fun with it's progressive gameplay, though I hope there is enough ntext to keep matters interesting once you've finished the tutorial, since the problem I had with a lot of rpgs that are prepare and forget is that they can feel a little too disconnected from the player, e.g you just equip your character with the best weapon and armour and then do an automated quest or combat, and the fact that the quests themselves don't seem to come with much by way of explanatory text.

Still we'll see I'm still on the tutorial at the second.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-19 15:16:57

Dark, a lot of it is like that. Click, go do something else, come back and repeat. It is a big game, though.

2018-02-19 20:02:16

Yep, I'm getting that the game is something of a fire and forget, but on the other hand that does make it nice to do when doing something else, and at least the game has reasonable equipping options and doesn't require you to take hours looking through god knows how many complex stat tables.
I  tried one of the lore fragment things. I really should've got it but the markers seemed very odd according to what I was doing, still I'll try again at some stage.

The only thing that worries me at the second is lack of text, since I really wish the generic quests had a bit of text to say how you did.
Even adventure based games like Warriors 2 and Kingdom of loathing had this, and does make the game feel a bit more like playing fruitpot sometimes.

Still, so long as progress is fast enough to give me new locations to look over that should be okay I think especially if I play the game while doing something else such as reading or playing another game, actually it makes quite a nice aside while playing Huboodle big_smile.

2018-02-19 20:10:06

there's a lot of stuff, and actually some decent text. When you go to something like "Pack of wolves" where it goes into what skill you use, what level and how long it will take and all, it then will give a description of what you are doing and why. Some of the descriptions are pretty good. Right now I'm fighting an evil barbarian and the description of the quest put me right there. Usually quests you can do that further a journal goal or are story related have a closing bit of text when you are done for you to listen to.

For more active stuff to do, try leveling your lore bits with a game that is pretty much mastermind and there is some weird sound game to make your gems better, but I don't know quite what. Also, even after the journal entries take you to a town, try listening at old taverns because there are quite a few side quests you can get, such as I got the Raid camp stuff I've got to do  by listening in Torr. The quests have no big thing for the story as a whole but they give me something to do beyond the basic stuff and are helping me get gold and gear.

2018-02-19 22:09:14

For gems, each time you hear the ding tap the cut button. For lore research, keep in mind that letters can repeat.

2018-02-20 00:41:30

I'll go back to old ins and check, there are companions and such I'd like to recruit there anyway, nice if you can get extras by listening at ins, and also a great use for excess gold.
I have noticed the path problem though, when I was in the wrong place to get to a new location. Perhaps the developer could add some text, (maybe vo hint text), on the location buttons telling you which has paths going to where, if there are on screen dotted lines we're missing.
Still it's not a big deal, or at least not with the size of map I've seen so far, though if there are too many locations that might not be the case.

Edit: Lol, worked out the lore research game, actually I'm rather kicking myself for not checking the help. I assumed it was white markers for right in the right place, and red markers for right in the wrong place when it's the other way around! big_smile.

No wonder I was having trouble, of course just working out the minigame is only half the battle, what you then do with these lore items is another question.

2018-02-20 08:59:39

Hi.
I finally got how cutting works. It has been improved a lot in the new update. This game offers extremely much gameplay. It is awesome...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-02-20 11:58:21

Yep Slj, I was playing all night, and now am wandering around with my phone waiting for questing or travelling or something to happen big_smile.

One thing I will say is that the progression is judged well for such a potentially grindy game, you can follow the quests in quick enough order to make you feel your not just getting utterly stuck or doing the same thing over again, though I do wish that some of the success or failure quests, especially the more unusual ones like the Shaman's task had a success or failure text to go with them.
Also, my one miner access niggle at the moment is with paths, since when a location is locked it seems you must be at the correct prior location to travel to it. Usually this is  easy to guess based on where you were previously, though in some cases it isn't.

2018-02-20 19:49:25 (edited by nolly 2018-02-20 19:56:30)

I have two IOS devices which is why I can be in two separate chat rooms on two different characters. The reason for two characters is that my son likes to play a game on my primary device which is much faster than his slower older device, so I created a second character to pass the time while he does this.

When gem cutting it is important to note that you shouldn't try to guess and time when the tone will sound to hit it exactly right while using voice over. What I mean is don't sit there and try to anticipate when the tone will chime, pressing cut before you hear the tone, as it will result in negative results. I spent an entire day collecting gold and gems to test which works best and I've found that double tapping is best (recommended by the developer), as well as hitting the cut button when you hear the tone. Actually, I have had best results when  I hit the cut button a split second after the tone, especially for the first and second cut. I believe this is because the developer said that he took into account of the delay that would occur for voice over users using double tap and if you are too quick you will outpace the delay.

I should also mention here as well that I've recently consolidated to one campfire GB8eXw. This one seems to be more active with voice over users. Remember that the campfire ID is caps sensitive when inputting the ID.

2018-02-20 21:29:41

Hello.
I have only started playing the game but I am already stuck. I click on Solomon's farm and I click on attempt but nothing happens. I wait for 1 min 30 sec as the game says but still nothing.
Is this just my shere stupidaty? Or is this a bug?
DJEPIC

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2018-02-21 02:11:53

@DJEPIC, have you got notifications allowed from land of Livia? I believe all the quest complete messages are notifications, so you might want to check that.

I've progressed fairly well and even got my first gem, though I don't want to risk cutting it yet. However I've run into a miner issue since my inventory is full and I can't do anymore questing. I was going to keep some of the gear I have that has lore and luck bonuses and then see about upgrading it, but I'll probably need to let that go in order to continue questing, at least until I can afford some of those inventory expanding companions.

i will say with the need to have basically one complete set of gear for each stat and 9 wear locations, that doesn't allow much chance for lee way or keeping lore and luck boosting items, or at least not until I've expanded my inventory some more.

Oh well, at least it gives things to work for.

one thing I do find a little odd is that the tem generation is fairly rigid. 
That is to say there seem to be suffixes and  but not a lot of variation in clothing types or descriptions, for example everything is "cloth armour" rather than being robes or shirts or whatever, similarly all weapons are swords.

it'd be a little more interesting if the game let you have different item types even jsut for variety, since "clever silk slippers" and "pirates hobnail boots" would sound much more atmospheric than "clever cloth boots" and "pirates' cloth boots" but so it goes.

2018-02-21 04:57:10

Hi everyone, my name is Aaron and I am the creator of Land of Livia. I am glad that so many of you are enjoying my game and it is great to see you discussing it here.

I wanted to join this forum to let you know that I read everything that is posted here and whilst I may not have time to respond to everything individually, I am definitely paying attention and taking note. I have ben working on Land of Livia for over 3 years now and it has gotten to this point by continually growing and evolving with the help of my players.

The previous two releases 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 have addressed many of the concerns that I have seen discussed on this forum. There will be more improvements coming in the future so keep the feedback coming!

------
CHANGES
● Due to popular demand, you can now travel to new locations (locked or unlocked) from any other location on the map, rather than only when you are adjacent to them - this improves usability for new players and also has large benefits for players using VoiceOver
● Side affect of the above change is that travelling between chapters now takes travel time which allows you to do it from any location on the map

BUG FIXES
● Fixed bugs with tutorials for iPad that were introduced in the previous release

------
ACCESSIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS
● The tutorial hints can now be navigated seamlessly - apologies to those that had trouble getting stuck
● The current location is now auto selected when you dismiss alerts
● The gem cutting button is now auto selected when you enter the gem cutting screen
● Improved the hint on the gem cutting button to explain that you don't have to cut on the first sound - you can take your time and listen to the regular timing of the sound and then cut when you are ready
● The Lore Runes are now named using the Greek alphabet rather than English alphabet to improve usability

BUG FIXES
● Fixed bug where the accessibility label for the current location did not update correctly
● Fixed bug where the accessibility label for the researching runes were numbered incorrectly i.e. rune 6 rather than 5
● Fixed crash in the Campfire when there is no internet connection

2018-02-21 04:59:23

I was told to not worry about holding onto luck and lore equipment early on in the game, as you turn over your gear extremely fast for several levels. Also, the bonuses you get at such a low level are so poor, it doesn't really make that much of a difference in your drop percentage, gold earned , or gem cutting speed while cutting a gem, something you don't even need to do until level 7 or 8. By that time you should easily have more inventory space when the gear is more worth while to keep.

2018-02-21 05:13:09

nolly wrote:

When gem cutting it is important to note that you shouldn't try to guess and time when the tone will sound to hit it exactly right while using voice over. What I mean is don't sit there and try to anticipate when the tone will chime, pressing cut before you hear the tone, as it will result in negative results. I spent an entire day collecting gold and gems to test which works best and I've found that double tapping is best (recommended by the developer), as well as hitting the cut button when you hear the tone. Actually, I have had best results when  I hit the cut button a split second after the tone, especially for the first and second cut. I believe this is because the developer said that he took into account of the delay that would occur for voice over users using double tap and if you are too quick you will outpace the delay..

This is exactly right!

2018-02-21 10:27:44

Hi Aaron.
Welcome to the forum, and thanks so much for joining...
It's fantastic to see all the improvements to the game, both regarding to accessibility and in generel. There are actually blind people playing the game, who are not on this forum, or on the Applevis forum.
Regarding being able to travel to all locations from everywhere in the game: that'll make things much easier, and maybe too easy. I like the way it currently works, but it would be nice if Voiceover reads what places connects to each other.
Keep up the fantastic job. I'm impressed how fast you are working on the game...

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-21 15:19:06

@Aaron, thanks for the fixes especially around the map. While I do understand Slj missing the paths, at the same time it's great to have all locations available, and it'll still be possible to plan routes especially when returning  to previously visited places.

A to inventory, since you can't actually quest with a full inventory it's not going to be possible to keep anything until I have some more space, but never mind, I will be getting some more space in literally half an hour big_smile.

I'll be looking forward to exploring what else the game has to offer, though I've not tried gem cutting as yet.

2018-02-21 15:41:24

Hi,
@Aaron: Thanks for the new version. However, I have grabbed the new update, and the tutorial hints on older devices seem very, very bugged. I am still stuck, I can't double tap to dismiss, and I can't flick left and right to navigate away still. I am using iOS 9 with iPhone 4S, and I don't have any way to get a newer version of iOS at the moment. I am not really too sure what to do, because I literally get stuck on the hints no matter what I try. Double tapping, dragging my finger around, and flicking left and right, do not help, VoiceOver just thinks the hint is the only thing on the screen.

2018-02-21 22:36:14

Hi.
Some people seems to be confused on how the lore research puzzle works, so I'm planning to write a small guide on how it works. But, before I'm doing that, there is something which I have to get clarified.
I'm not sure on if I have found a bug, or if I just don't get how the white color works.
The new symbols for the runes are confusing me, so I'll just use the previous letter system in my example:
If the right persission is C, is it then correct that both B and D should show the white symbol? That's how I understand it, and that's how it seemed to work in the previous version. But after the puzzle symbols has changed, the white symbols works differently. They don't always show up if you are next to the right place. So I'm not sure on if that's a bug in the new version, or just me who don't get how it works.
I hope my question and example makes sense. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-22 01:09:51 (edited by nolly 2018-02-22 01:22:59)

No, that isn't exactly how the colored markers work. A red marker means there is a rune in the solution of your current guess and in the correct spot, a white dot means you have the rune correct in your guess, but in the wrong spot. It will never directly tell you if you are correct, it will need to be accomplished by process of elimination and problem solving using your previous guesses. It will also never reveal you more than one marker per rune. For example, if the solution contains only one Alpha rune, but your guess is Alpha, Alpha, Alpha, Alpha. It will say you have one red marker, rather than 1 red marker and 3 white markers, Which tells you that there is only one Alpha marker in the solution. The same goes for white markers. Another example is if your guess is Alpha, Beta, Beta, Beta, and it tells you that you have zero red markers and one white marker, this means that either Alpha is the correct rune and doesn't go in position one or Beta is the correct rune but doesn't belong in position 2 , 3, or 4.

Hope this helps.

2018-02-22 07:11:45

I'm liking this game so far. I do wish you could speed up some of the events though.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-02-22 07:43:41

well you could, with a companion big_smile

2018-02-22 09:05:08

Thanks a lot for your great explanation Nolly. It makes sense.

Best regards SLJ.