2018-02-19 12:36:38

Hi all!
So as some of you know, I am making beatstar cross platform.

I am currently building the core of the game and I am trying to decide something and I need your input.
The question is, are beatcoins really worth it?
Should I just let anyone play any pack they want at any time, without having to unlock?
There are hundreds and hundreds of packs, so having a pack shop seems a bit unnecessary at this point because it's hard to get this many beatcoins to buy all the packs.

what do you think?

Cheers.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-02-19 12:44:30

I love the beatcoins option. It gives you something to work for, a reward when you've finished a pack, and means that your always progressing at the game in unlocking new packs. Plus of course when you get good enough you'll get lots of coins.

I'd definitely say please leave it in, indeed I'd love to see more unlockable options with beatcoins since they make the game truly progressive.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-19 13:23:26

leave them in they fun! which platforms are you working on?

2018-02-19 13:37:12

I agree with Dark. Leave them in.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-02-19 14:01:56 (edited by ogomez92 2018-02-19 14:02:42)

mac and Windows, possibly linux as well, don't have a way to test.
It's an electron (Javascript) app.
OK leaving beatcoins in.

2018-02-19 17:45:14

Hi.
A good idea, leave them in, but you can low the prices abit to be easy enough.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-02-19 18:33:19

Agreed with Angel, the prices seem a bit high, especially since most packs dont' give you as good of a reward as say, smack me does for the same amount of work.

2018-02-20 01:09:52

Actually it'd be nice if the price to unlock the packs was somehow related to how many beatcoins the  was likely to yield, since some packs you pay 5k coins for them and can get ten times that for finishing them, others you get barely one k, then again I don't know if there would be an automated way to track how much each pack is worth.

If the price is decreased I'd recommend making it 3k per pack so that you still have to work to finish them and finishing packs still helps you.

I'd also love to see some more achievements in the game and maybe an extra minigame or two, particularly achievements related to completing many packs since we now have so  many of them.

You could even consider some collectable trophy items to buy with your hundreds of thousands of beatcoins, both because you get so many beatcoins, and just for the bling factor d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-20 01:46:53

You can remove beatcoins. Free packs is wery good idea.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-02-20 01:49:43

You can set a other prices to packs for example pack with 1 level cost 100 coins. You can addd accound system. User can getting 25 procent coins from buy him own pack.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-02-20 15:45:46

500 beatcoins per level. So pack with 10 levels 5000 beatcoins. pack with 60 levels 30000 beatcoins.

(:

2018-02-20 18:45:10 (edited by defender 2018-02-21 01:07:45)

Supposedly... yes.
And it may just be down to player skill level, or maybe some of the sounds in the pack have difficult to find peak levels so hitting them right on for the bonus is way harder, but even with that taken into account, their are just some packs where even if you get perfect on 3 levels in a row, you end up with like 1000 and not 1500 beatcoins.
So it eventually ends up being that a smart player will just binge on the reliable packs and use the others as fun but ultimately not super useful rewards.
Also, the overly easy packs or the really short ones can be done many times, with a big reward for finishing them, so that kinda throws it off in the other direction, but those packs are pretty damn boring.
Maybe the pack finishing reward should be calculated on the number of levels and average actions per second or something.

2018-02-21 00:16:06

hey ogomez, first off I really love your rhythm games. im seeing if you would be interested in making a card game similar to magic the gathering and hearthstone. I know this is outside of the type of games you usually make, but is this something you can do?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-02-21 06:36:35

I love the idea of beatcoins. I think keeping Beatcoins on would definitely make the game more challenging. Looking to try the Mac version when it come out.