2018-02-18 00:12:37

hi guys, i just wanted to let you all know that soft braille keyboard for android is the best keyboard that i ever used in my life.
i don't have the google play link now with me, but if you want to use it, or if you know about it, just head to play store and search for "soft braille keyboard" it is cool.
if this is old news, i am sorry i just found out about it.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-02-18 10:47:17

Hello.
Does this keyboard support multiple languages like the IPhone Braille screen? I used an app called Swift Braille a while ago back when my Android phone was running smoothly, but what I didn't like about it is that you have a musical notation for each key you press, and now the one and only thing that is stopping me from switching to an Android phone is the absence of an on-screen Braille keyboard which is as easy to use as the IPhone one, so could you point me to a recording of someone using this SoftBraille, and a final note: is it free?

2018-02-18 10:52:46

this keyboard is indead free, and it has quite a couple of languages i think

best regards

2018-02-18 11:13:30

Hi,
I used Soft Braille Keyboard on a Samsung Device and I wasn't satisfied enough. It was not as smooth as the iPhone Braille keyboard, of course, but the gestures were also unheard of. The letter combination was honestly unstable as I needed to touch the virtual dots very slowly to form a combination which would generate an actual letter.
Indeed, the absence of an Android braille keyboard is what holds me back from switching to Android. I think the keyboard should be programmed by the Talkback team so that it would be compatible with Talkback, and it would give you the opportunity to invoke it through a gesture, so that when you want to use a virtual keyboard like the GBoard, you could have that possibility, or when you for instance want to insert an emoji into your text.

2018-02-18 14:53:45

Hi i just want to ask, did you use the app with talkback suspended? and did you calibrate the keyboard regularly?
nd lastly whitch mode did you use? the vertical 1 or the horisontle 1? it all deppends

best regards