2017-12-13 15:54:38

hi
if you buy fairies and make bread and all that stuff there will be a "walk in the forest" button. the walk unlocks the story. it's very short though...

2017-12-13 16:55:25

When you summon fairies, and buy the first few things, you can walk in the forest. That's at the bottom of the page, and I didn't see it for a while when I first started the game.
Click the "walk in the forest" button a few times, and below it, you'll start to see a story unfold. As you click more, there is more added to the story.
You walk through the forest, find things, and then you have to do something back at the village, and that opens up Part 2 of the story so you can walk in the forest again and discover more.

2017-12-14 03:27:12

Okay I confess I was a wee bit disappointed with fairy tale clicker.
The forest bit where you were getting more characters was lovely (I laughed a lot at what you find after the prince and princess, but I'll let people discover that for themselves),  however that ends fairly soon and your basically left with a production cycle that is fairly rigid and means lots of sitting around. Actually the hardest thing in this one is that there is very little by way of stat information, just what each group of production units are producing and requiring each second, meaning you can't rely on a stat display as in most of these styles of games and need to calculate for yourself.

I also noticed that as with many of these styles of games, things got less interesting as they went on, though in Fairytale clicker this was a bit too extreme.
Basic resources are relied on too heavily, there is no interplay between higher and lower level resources, eg, you cannot sacrifice a higher level resource for a lower level one, meaning some high level resources, and indeed producers are pretty pointless (I was sort of wondering where my people were storing all the stuff!).

There was  very little by way of upgrades or items, no way to get rid of production units, no saving (when I accidently closed the game), and as I found when I sat around waiting to max out basic units with no more story for about an hour, no ending, or even a congrats message either even when you have fulfilled the ending conditions.
I thought this one might be like a dark room for pc, though obviously with a much lighter theme  but it turns out not unfortunately.

Nice for going through the forest tutorial and at least for a little time after that while your not sitting  for long periods waiting for money or magic dust (which are the only things you have to wait for), but a mild disappointment over all, then again, i get that the game was supposed to be experimental, so maybe if the developer put a bit more time into it or a similar project it might be somewhat different.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-14 19:10:23

I agree, Dark.
I was excited to find something lighthearted, and it started out in such a promising way.
Maybe it will develop more over time.

2017-12-15 00:11:04

I doubt it, according to the reddit the game hasn't been updated for a while.

2017-12-15 22:07:10

Shame really, since this one had potential but hay.

Since i lost my space company save after upgrading to the full version of C cleaner (I forgot to specify that C cleaner should keep the cookies), I'll probably give Civ clicker a serious try now that I get how a lot of the food and other distribution systems work in the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-20 20:13:19

Hi All,

I too wanted to give this game a try. I wanted to know what the buzz was all about, and I love cookies! Not wanting to be left out due to inaccessibility, I decided to seek sighted assistance.

We were able to figure out how to get Cookie Clicker started. I am using JAWS so these instructions will need to be tweaked. The cookie appears to be an unlabeled and unrecognized graphic on the screen, so you can't click on it with conventional means. What I ended up doing was routing the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor, once I was at the line which shows "0 cookies" just near your bakery's name. Then I had to move the mouse pointer down (Alt+Shift+down, I'm using laptop layout), about thirty times, give or take. That will put your mouse pointer in the middle of the cookie so you can activate the Left Mouse Button and start clicking away. I believe the first incentive (the cursor) costs 15 cookies. The next is Grandma, at 100 cookies or so. These unlockable items and everything else that you will do with the game is clearly labeled and accessible. The rows of question marks turn into unlockable achievements as your cookie numbers grow.

Once you set up the game by buying these unlockable achievements, you won't need to click on the cookie. I've unlocked a cookie farm and a cookie mine, and you may buy more than one of each item.

Once my cookies started coming at a reasonable rate, I found that it's actually more fun to read the news items that come up like,

News : "I'm not addicted to cookies. That's just speculation by fans with too much free time", reveals celebrity.

I hope this helps, for anyone who is interested in giving this game a try.

Mirage wrote:

How did you all play Cookie Clicker?
I wanted to try it, but I never could find the image of the cookie to click.
I saw something that said, "You want to bake cookies, but nobody wants to eat your cookies." I tried clicking that, but nothing happened.

2017-12-21 10:20:32

I had a look at cookie clicker, the problem is there is no way without sighted assistance to find that blasted cookie to click on. Also, while you can buy store upgrades to get cookies, there are bonuses and awards tied to the actual clicking in the game, meaning that without clicking not everything is available, so I won't be playing this one.

Someone ought to contact the developers since having a button for this wouldn't be so difficult to do, though I haven't yet found a way to contact them other than by facebook or twitter neither of which I use.

2017-12-21 23:59:39

After playing the game awhile and unlocking some things like the cookie farm, mine, and factory, I ended up doing more research on this game, and it appears that there are things called Golden Cookies that one must also find and click, as well as "click frenzies" which also award additional cookie-per-second bonuses. I found some javascript cheat codes allowing a person to auto-click but I didn't find them to work reliably. I did get one to auto-click the large cookie at set intervals, but didn't find a way to get the golden cookies to be clicked.

Given that added complexity, as well as the fact I couldn't bear the thought of triggering the granmpocalypse or get time machines to steal cookies from the past to give them to people in the present, I actually stopped playing this game. I think I'll go back to Merry Clickmas. I'm much more interested in making toys and wrapping presents!

2017-12-22 06:37:48

Perhaps someone could contact cookie clicker, since adding buttons on graphics is such a minimal thing to add and would just take them seconds to do, also they could make it a toggle in the options.

The game does look interesting, but again only if you can, well click the cookies.

2018-02-16 21:14:36

Well I've now played Idlefisher and it has a db page, as does camcad clicker actually.

Both are pretty much wysywyg, that is what you see is what you get.

Idle fisher I admit I did not like, this is because the game is so unbalanced. There are only two resources, fish and money, and the  for office workers to sell your fish are ridiculously! higher than for the various sorts of fishers, so you end up with a gigantic imbalance in production which is a little ridiculous.

I will admit that the little descriptions for each unit were amusing, but as far as I could gather no matter how much research I did there didn't seem to be that many units, and since discovering units is all part of the fun in these sorts of games (one reason why Space  company and Civ clicker are so great), it made the game feel a bit empty.

Still it has a db page now.

next clicker idle game to try on my list is build your spaceship, i also have a working link for universal paper clips, but that one looks a little more complicated.

I think from playing a few of these that the ones I prefer are the ones with a few different resources, and the ones with more of a quest feeling that actually give you something to work towards, hmmmm, maybe I should just go back to space company or junction gate big_smile.

2018-02-17 23:46:05

Okay now tried Build a spaceship a bit and will give it a db page.
this one is interesting in that the resets are fairly  though the time you wait for stuff is quite large, still the description of ship parts is interesting, and i'll be interested to see what the achievements are.

2018-02-28 03:47:47

Okay to anyone still reading this thread I've just tried shark game, also called strange ocean also called cerial sharks (really not sure what the dev is calling this one).  which I have to say is pretty awesome.

find it Here on this page

The screen layout takes a wee bit of getting used to which I'll write up on the db page, but what is cool is the game itself.

Start off playing as a shark eating fish, recruit other fish and ventually form a weird under water civilization complete with kelp farming crabs, dolphin workers and coralglass based technology.

The descriptions are amusing (make sure you have the "toggle descriptions" button pressed), but what is the best thing about this is the reset system since it doesn't just reset the game with a bonus or two, but also sends you to another world with slightly different  conditions and a mix of different technology to get, meaning you have to reset a few times to see everything. What is really cool is each world also has different conditions, for example the second world I tried had a polluted ocean where tarr was killing see creatures slowly, meaning I needed to concentrate on production, but as a bonus I started with some extra item productions machines and a high science count, I even found a purifyer later on which removed the tarr and put production rates back to normal.

doing a bit of googling apparently there is even an ending if you do 100 resets, though that will take some time, still if the game stays as interesting as it does it could be pretty cool.

Oh one other odd thing is that production continues while off line which sort of makes life a bit easier big_smile.

2018-03-05 14:52:47

Hi,
Here are a couple  more incremental games.
Derivative clicker: This game is about collecting money. It has 4 tiers of buildings. The first tier buildings are for collecting money and proof which is another kind of currency  in the game used to purchase some types of buildings. The other tiers are used to  automatically purchase buildings of the tier lower than themselvs. For example, the third tier buildings purchase  second tier buildings automatically at regular intervals, and the second  tier buildings purchase the first tier ones, which are the production buildings.

In terms of accessibility, the layout is easy to  figure out and I haven't encountered any problems so far. The only thing is that when trying to switch between different tabs, I have to use the navigator object and the mouse commands to move to the desired tab and select it.
https://gzgreg.github.io/DerivativeClicker/

The second one is, Second derivative clicker smile . As  you might have guessed, it is a clone of the derivative clicker. Although there are some differences, I haven't played it that much, so i'm not sure what are they exactly.
During the little time that I spent on this one, I didn't run into any accessibility issues with that one either.
https://jamuspsi.github.io/second/

2018-03-06 10:55:50

I had a bit of a look at derivative clicker and actually you don't need the mouse at all.
Those tabs are set tabs on the page to interact with them in Nvda just hit enter to go to browse mode and left or right arrows to change the tab.
Torn city has a similar system as do several games I've seen.

2018-03-08 00:03:14

Just wondering if anyone has had luck with meta clicker? It seems like a neat concept, but I am slightly confused.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-03-08 18:51:52

meta clicker is in an other language right? at least i havent found an english version of this...

2018-03-09 12:07:34

Several of these I've tried had rather dodgy access, also some aren't that interesting from a gameplay perspective.

I think the best I've tried have been space company and civ clicker, not to mention junction gate.

Universal paperclips had it's moments, but I was very irritated at the final phase of the game where basically it seemed that I buggered up my entire game, also I'm not sure if everything in the game is accessible since the wiki mentions several images, especially the one for quantom computing, which is doable without.
then again since there is a topic for universal paperclips I'll stop discussion  that here.