2018-02-16 13:26:35

I love the Idea post 34.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-02-16 22:54:00

Hi,
I also like the idea of post 34, although I hope the online stuff will be optional in case I migh just want to do my own city, and then jump into the online part of it when I feel I'm ready.

2018-02-17 15:02:29

Hi.
Hmm, I am not sure if a happyness level or something in that order would be a good idea because it would force things on you that you might not want to do.
For example, let's say I would be a ruthless industry giant, building up a mega city consisting of highrise buildings out of steal and glass, industry and machinery everywhere you can see, the air is filled with smock and due to the sometimes harmfull fumes from the chemistry plants or what ever, it might be hard to breathe, an dystopian city basically, with everything pushing into the direction of proffet.
And there, a happyness level would be hard to implement, I am personally thinking you can create what ever city you want, from an industrial powerhouse, to a green and nature citys, with electric cars, parks, forests and so on.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-02-17 15:05:19

Hi. A city simulation it looks like a park boss mode so I don't think that it can be considered something new. I would like instead a truck sim or buss. The idea is to transport things, winn money, buy a better truck, etc.

2018-02-17 17:33:58

If you use a similar grid like layout to make the city as you did in Park Boss it would be nice if when exploring the map if it was larger and more up to scale. It be cool if you could control things such as trash collecting, road repair, special holiday events tree lighting parades etc. Setting laws would be cool in the mayor mode as well. Perhaps if you don't do a good job you face the risk of being impeached or not being reelected. I also like the idea of being able to drive around your city and visit buildings, go shopping, and stuff like that. If you make it multiplayer maybe the ability to visit other player's cities but you would have to obey that cities’ laws.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-02-17 20:41:05

actually, running a city is far different from running an amuzement park. I think that city boss will be very different to park boss.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-18 14:08:24

I think it shouldn't be grid-based. Please... If  you can please do it free roam.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-02-18 16:40:35

I second the free roam idea!

2018-02-18 17:25:22

also, please, gamepad support. If you are going to add the free rome idea, that's something it would be really cool to add.

2018-02-18 17:31:44

Interesting. How would a non grid based system work? Even real world maps are split in to grids.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2018-02-19 14:35:15

make a game, something like assassins creed. you know what kind of game i mean if you have played assassins creed

2018-02-19 17:18:31

I second post 60, how would you implement a free rome system in terms of this game? A grid would make much more sense. You're going to have to design the layout of your city and place things, it would be much easier to do this with a grid.

2018-02-22 06:55:34

Measure things out mark out the different points of your building ground. This way it could be different shapes. The RTR map maker had a cool way of making maps with out using a grid so I think it can be done.

2018-02-22 11:39:43

in background it should use a tile based system!

2018-02-23 22:41:33 (edited by burak 2018-02-23 22:41:58)

Hello,
By not grid-based, I meant the sstyle of park boss where you moved to a1, b2 etc. What I meant was I wanted normal walking instead of moving through numbers and letters.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-02-24 09:10:04

I feel like some of these suggestions would make the game too complicated to develop by one person. I would advise the developer to take what seems reasonable and put that in the game. I'd rather have a game with less features than none at all.

2018-04-16 15:23:49

Hey,
Bringing this back, if Nick is still up for it, something that might work would be the ability for the players to create custom buildings which can be integrated into the city which would do certain things. I am currently checking around city skylines let's plays and demos to see what could be done with those.
Greetings Moritz.

2018-04-18 19:04:23

hello nick what is the status of this project?
thanks alot

2018-04-18 20:22:59

*sighs* if he even started working on it, he just started, so I doubt it'll be finished any time soon. Starting up the whole "please fast release game now plz now i want play" isn't going to help you any.

2018-04-18 20:34:59

Hi.
I've started work on it.
Its a big project. It could take up to a year. I dont plan on doing progress reports, my time is better spending the time coding. Grins.
Thanks.
Nick.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2018-04-19 03:06:02

Well, if you need a Beta tester, you can email me at [email protected]
I helped with Park Boss before if you remember? Sorry to jump the gun, just not sure if you plan on holding an open sign up later on in the project or you have a team picked out already or what.

2018-04-19 08:13:56

Hi.
Don't worry, I didn't want to come over as someone who is constantly asking for the game to come out as early as possible, was just curious about what was going on.
Not releaseing progress reports seams to be a good approach so you can take your time with the things you are currently doing.
If, someday, you need a beta tester or any help, you cann feel free to drop me a message at
[email protected]
I was already helping with park boss and tube sim, so you have an idea on who I am actually xD.
Greetings Moritz.

2018-04-19 10:57:20 (edited by Donavin.Liebgott 2018-04-21 10:54:42)

Hi there Nick, the game idea you have sounds super awesome, if you are interested, I have some sound effects of industrial ambiences I recorded, you can use, free of charge. Good luck with your project.

2018-04-19 15:36:05

Hi, if you do need testers at some later stage I am also available, it was also a thing on tube sim. You can drop me an email at [email protected] if interested.

2018-04-19 19:52:42

hi sir! i'm up for the beta testing whenever you want.
my e-mail is
[email protected]

regards ***omid***