2018-02-15 02:11:36 (edited by ea_accessible 2018-02-15 02:12:31)

Hi, i'm working on planning.  Which EA games would you like to see text manuals for next? I know UFC 3 will be on that list. Anything else? Speaking up simply ups priority, I know we'd like to eventually see all games have text-only manuals - I just don't know when I'll have bandwidth to fully catch up.

Thanks,

Karen Stevens
EA Sports Accessibility Lead

2018-02-15 08:53:31

Hi.
Hmm, that's a good question. That depends on what games are playable, or could made playable with a great text guide. I'm not sure... Any ideas?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-15 11:36:32

@1
Really glad to hear this is going to happen, take your time with it as I'm aware it'll be a long and complicated process.

Battlefront 2 - part of the issue with the game's current accessibility is the fact that even though the menus don't wrap, there are certain scenarios that are made more complicated by the lack of how certain elements of the game are meant to work.

Also, glad to hear that UFC3 will have a guide of some sort, I have heard no word about the accessibility since the games launch so am interested to see what's changed.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-02-15 12:43:19

wait, is battlefront accessible?

2018-02-15 13:55:41

NBA. *hopeful*

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-02-15 18:49:05

Hey, Karen.
I know that it is six months away from the release of Madden 19.
However I was wondering if there has been plans to add TTS to the game?
Or will it be the same as Madden 18?
It would be nice to navigate the menus and playbook on my own without any sighted help.

2018-02-15 19:56:16 (edited by ea_accessible 2018-02-15 19:57:36)

@cyco - I can never discuss games that have not been released, especially if they have had no media coverage yet.

@everyone - I specifically mean turning the published game manual into a text-only format, similar to this UFC 2 translation - https://np.reddit.com/user/ea_accessibl … _2_manual/ . Full game guides I am interested in doing, but it's going to be at least a month and a half until I can get to the next one. If there are any particular manuals you want to read, please let me know.  My current priority list is assuming UFC3, NHL 18, and FIFA 18. Need for Speed: Payback might be useful to some, but that game has a bunch of offroad experiences that I'm not sure how accessible they'd be.

- Karen

2018-02-15 19:58:27

@Sightless - are you already playing battlefront?

2018-02-17 01:23:55

Hmm, yeah I'm not sure how much point there would be for that unless the manual was able to assist in portions of a game that would make it playable, which in itself is a huge ask. I'm more referring to need for speed and other games without accessibility built in. Maybe I'm looking at all this the wrong way though, and if it's useful to someone then that's cool.

2018-02-17 12:07:51

@8
I am indeed already playing Battlefront.  The accessibility, due to map design amongst other elements, is unfortunately not as well-defined as it could be, though parts of that could theoretically be rectified by user feedback and testing.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***