2018-02-15 00:02:13

Hi there,

I released the old Connect Four game as a new one named Four in a Line. The Connect Four named version was suspended in Google Play because trademark infringements. The Hasbro made a request in Google Play for all named Connect 4 games to be deleted.
Now I launched the game named "Four in a Line, Four in a Row, Pontes 7x6".
It is available in 4 languages: English, Spanish, Russian and Romanian. Thanks to Miguel Pacheco and Sasha Koslovski for their translations.

This is a game which has a normal interface, a sighted person can play like a blind one. It is very accessible, messages for each action, tagged buttons etc.
An important notice for those who have an Android TV, it is compatible with TVs like Sony BRAVIA with android, it is playable using a simple remote control.

The description in Google Play Store is:

4 in a Line or Four in a Row is a two-player connection game in which the players first choose a color and then take turns dropping colored discs from the top into a seven-column, six-row vertically grid.
The pieces fall down, occupying the next available space within the column.
The objective of the game is to be the first to form a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line of four discs.

There are many options:
- Play against computer AI or against a local human partner;
- Four difficulty levels;
- Choose the color to play;
- Background music;

This variant is compatible with Android TV.
This variant is also fully accessible using a screen reader.

The page in Google Play Store can be opened clicking next link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … forinaline

Now I started to develop a fully accessible Android version of Pontes Backgammon.

Some of my Android games are available at android.pontes.ro

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!

2018-02-15 00:52:20

Hey Manu, great job and glad to see you developing such awesome games for Android! Definitely looking forward to your backgammon port, and I am interested in translating your games to Serbian. I did pontes gamezone already, and if you still have my email it is the same. If not, let me know and I will send it here.

2018-02-15 09:42:55

Hi.
Wow, very nice. Really awesome that the game is available for the Android tv's as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-15 15:18:06

@Manu did you make the AI? Just asking because there is a really easy trick to beat computers at the highest difficulty level which was also present in pontes gamezone so wondering if I should report that to you.

2018-02-17 20:33:37

i know i should not totaly ask this question here, but what did you use to make this game in? was it android studio or java or what?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-02-18 01:54:59

Android studio is an IDE and Java is a programming language.