Hi all,
I'm just wondering what's my mistake. I manage to boot a virtual machine and log in as a guest. The starting Sound of Windows Plays and NVDA starts, too. But if I press any key then, nothing happens, I can't do anything with the new just booted Windows.

Could someone help, please?

Greetings,
Janagirl!

Thumbs up

yeah because you have to click inside the window to make the VM have mouse and keyboard focus.

I'm a cat! What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine to :P XD

Thumbs up

OK, thanks. But how do I know where I have to click exactly?

Greetings,
Janagirl!

Thumbs up

I'm not using a vm at the moment so I can't confirm, but I think pressing control+g while the vmware window is active will allow you  to use the VM. To switch back to controling the host, you need to press control+Alt. HTH

Thumbs up

yeah that... um, yeah, I aaaah... forgot about that. I was just using NVDA's object nav.

I'm a cat! What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine to :P XD

Thumbs up

You can use ctrl alt enter too before windows starts and you are good after that.

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up

alternatively, alt-p to bring up the menu, and activate full screen. you may have to do it twice, other times once, but that will give you access to the VM. I mean, it's not exactly the best way, but hey, it works. the short cut key is alt-control-enter-s, but that's a bit of a pain to press.

Thumbs up