2018-02-11 14:48:04

what about a roadrash type game?

2018-02-11 15:51:47

Hello,
I agree with visualstudio. Top speed 3 had a lot of potential but the developers chose to limit it. A good thing they made it open source. They could have made things a lot better. If you want a little bit more expllanation let me know.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-02-11 16:13:18

Hello.
my vote goes to a simulator rally tuning car racing game.

I love rally racing games!
thanks.
Cheers.

2018-02-11 16:28:10

I would like to throw out some ideas here.
First of all, i would like to see a ship simulator or something's close to a game called sea of thieves where you are in control of a pirate.
Another idea that come to mine is an interactive adventure like the telltale series where your choices plays a big role, which can lead to multiple endings and branching story paths. Not only that, in some scenes there will be parts where you have to walk around, interact with objects or npcs, solve puzzles, and complete quick time events.
Then, another idea is you could make a tactical strategy games like XCOM or strategy RPGS like valkyria chronicles or final fantasy tactics

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-02-11 16:57:54

I wouldn't mind a game that's like final fantasy.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-02-11 18:55:26

Okay, here's one that we don't see, a fishing, and hunting game. We see a lot of mainstream ones, some good, some bad, but yeah. You'd go up the ranks, starting out small, fishing out of a pond, and selling your catches to make money to buy stuff, like food, more bate, and eventually better poles, and eventually boats, which need fuel, and maybe you could even hire people to work for you.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-02-11 21:20:17

hello nick i have two ideas:
one is a fast food simulator that we don't have it. i can't see a fast food game in audiogames. it wil be grate if we have a fast food simulator i know that you can develope this kind of games because i saw your simulators like parkboss and tube sim and in my apinian you're a good developer of simulation games.
another idea is a taxy driver simulation game
thanks alot.

2018-02-11 21:20:37

Hi.
I do have some ideas, also going into the city building or trucking sim game, I am not sure if we could pull real world maps from somewhere so we could drive in different cuntrys, a lot would need to be done by sapi if we would do that, but personally speaking, I wouldn't mind.
Another idea is something like an open world raceing game, also with real world maps if possible.
The concept could be that you buy your first car, and upgrade it with fitting parts, for example if you buy a sleak sports car, it wouldn't make sense to put muscle car tires or shassy on it due to the waight.
You would than earn money by completing races against AI oponents, or against people in an online mode on town streets, through the cuntryside and so on if that is even possible.
Another idea would be similar to CSR racing on the iPhone and Mac, a racing game focusing on drag racing, upgrading your car and climbing up the ranks.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-02-12 00:37:18

Hi All.
Thank you all for the ideas on and off forum.
It looks like Sims are very popular and I’ve got a great list of ideas you’ve all suggested so thank you for your time.

The idea that has captured my imagination, as you can see below, is a city building simulator. I’ve been letting my mind run wild a bit and have pulled together an idea of what I’m thinking. It’s potentially quite a big project so don’t expect anything in the next month or so, <grins>
Also at this moment in time this has captured my imagination and I’m quite enthusiastic about it however I’ve got a folder of projects sitting on my computer that I’ve started and didn’t really go anywhere. I’m hoping this won’t be another one of these. But I don’t believe in miss leading people so consider the below a set of ideas which “could” turn in to a game, there’s no promises.

Take a look at the brain dump below. This isn’t a complete set of features I think the game may have, it just some ideas I’ve had as I’ve been reading the various replies I received. Are there additional things you’d like to add to the wish list? Again, no promises that any of the below or any ideas will make the final cut but if we’re thinking big then why not add things. It’s much easier to add ideas in at the design stage rather than trying to squeeze them in at a later date.

So my ideas:
Concept
You start in an empty field. Your task is to take your empty field and turn it in to a city. The main scoring mechanism is the population of your city.
The terrain of your city plot will be randomly generated. Somewhere on the field will be an interstate/motorway which you need to connect your road system to for contact with the outside world. There may also be a river, lake, mountains, sea shore, national railway link, natural resources such as coal, iron, copper, gold, stone, ETC.
The environment will be randomly set at the start. This will include factors like average yearly temperature, rain fall, wind.

Game play.
I was thinking 2 modes of game play. A city planner part where all of the money stuff is managed for you and it’s all about laying out your city and designing the environment. In this mode every time you build a road it'll automatically include the utility supply systems. The idea is that this mode is more casual.
The second mode is city mayor where all of the below is up to you. More complex but allows for more interesting game play.
You'll be able to move around your plot of land in a 3d sound environment, similar to how you did in Park Boss. Depending on what players think a future update may include the ability to drive around the city.
Most spoken text will be done using screen reader/tts however there'll be a spoken guide that is able to give context sensitive hints, this is the help system.
I'm planning that there will be basic textual information on screen. Interaction will be via keyboard or game controller.
You'll be able to build multiple cities at one time and the mode, planner or mayor, will be set on a per city basis.
In a future version you may even be able to tour other player’s cities.

Utilities
For water supply, power, telephone/internet service, natural gas, water purification, ETC., you start out by getting this from the national grid. Each will have a cost associated with the supply of the utility. You will be able to build industrial facilities for all possible utilities which can reduce the need for the national grid. There will be different types of industrial units you can build. For instance, for power you could build different types of power plant, nuclear, coal, gas, wind, hydro, sola. Each will have an associated cost for building and then ongoing generation. You’ll be able to sell services back to the national grid to make money. You’ll also be able to sell your services back to other real world players using some sort of online being and selling system. You’ll be able to set your prices and undercut other players and the national grid. When building your city you’ll need to build supply lines for the utilities to the development in your city.

Transportation:
Your city will be linked using various transportation systems. Roads, Metro train system, busses, cycle and walking paths, ETC. you’ll be able to Control schedules and routes for busses and trains. Roads will be different types from major high ways to more suburban routes. You’ll be able to place gas stations and be able to select the mix of gasoline to electric charge points.

Buildings:
The main point will be building. There’ll be industrial buildings, factories, farms, offices, ETC. basically most of your population are employed at the industrial buildings, these will be privately run and once built you won't need to manage each industrial building. There'll be city facilities, schools, garbage collection, city hall, leisure centres, parks, police, fire service, ambulance, hospitals, ETC., which will have employees who you'll have to pay.
There'll be houses, shops, entertainment areas, universities, libraries for your residents to live and use. Each building will have various options to do with quality or size. There’ll be a building and maintenance cost associated with each as well as a time to construct. It'll be a major part of the game to balance the cost of things against the desirability and how attractive it makes your city to its residents. For instance cost of living will need to be balanced against the pollution in the environment.
Average house prices will be monitored and you'll need to balance the types of housing and ensure enough capacity of city facilities for the population you've got. You’ll also need to ensure that the housing matches the types of workers you’re employing. For example if your building a very industrial town you may want to keep your house prices down to allow those that work in the industrial areas to be able to afford housing.

Money:
You’ll be able to set taxes like a residence tax, sales tax, and business rates. You'll be able to sell utility services to other players. Fundamentally the game is about city planning and balancing the books. You’ll be able to build buildings that are for national services like prisons, waste processing facilities, military bases, ports, financial services and sell their services back to the government.
If your trying to build a particular type of city you'll be able to set tax rates for particular sectors, for instance if you get a map which includes a sea shore you could build a doc, give low business rates to shipping companies and try to become a national shipping hub.

Tourism
Depending on the type of train that gets generated for your city it may lend its self to a tourist industry and you'll be able to build buildings that encourages tourism, again this could be encouraged using the business rates and infrastructure projects like airports.

Events
There'll be some kind of random event system, you get chosen to host a sporting event, there's a severe winter so building has been slower. Similar to how there was in Park Boss but with less severe consequences. I used this system to really drive park boss, I don't see this as being the big driver for city boss.

City Monitoring.
Basic information such as population level, city monthly income and outgoings ETC. will be available but you'll be able to drill down in to the numbers, employment rates, cost of living, and amount of commercial premises which is unoccupied, and so on.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2018-02-12 01:10:26

I was hoping for a age of empires thing.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-02-12 14:54:40

Hi Nick.
Wow. I love the idea in post 34.
It would be awesome if the project can be translated into other languages.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-12 15:17:34

omg wow, that will be really awesome!

2018-02-12 15:26:12

hello nick this is good idea on post 34 i agree with it. but i hope that in this game we can use the services for the city that we make.
thanks alot.

2018-02-12 16:24:45

That sounds like a great idea, I would definitely play it. The only suggestion I can think of at the moment is to have happiness and health indicators for your population that you would need to manage that result in negative consequences if they get to low. Also a crime rate in your city could also be interesting.

2018-02-12 21:26:50 (edited by defender 2018-02-12 21:27:32)

Nick I already know you have used Freesound.org as a resource before successfully, but I thought I'd just share a few more sources for finding sounds and music (if needed) that could help with this larger endeavor.
Licensing is straight forward for all of these as well, though if your planning on charging than your pool of free material shrinks to almost nothing.

Sounds
http://soundbible.com/
https://offers.adobe.com/en/na/audition … e=disabled
https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc2016/
https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc2017
https://www.airbornesound.com/sound-eff … d-effects/

Music
http://incompetech.com/music/
http://soundimage.org/
http://www.marcelofernandezmusic.com/ro … ree-music/
http://freemusicarchive.com/
http://www.andrelouis.com/my-projects/

You can get the 2015 Sonniss bundle by asking for it, though god knows why it's not just available for download...

2018-02-12 21:53:58

Like the ideas set out in post 34. Hope this truly becomes a thing.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-13 02:55:16

Well nick, I'd have to say you hit the nale right on the head here good buddy, I really hope this game does indeed come to fruition and I absolutely love all of your ideas in post 34 right down to the name, City boss. One suggestion that I've got since you're planning an online buying and selling system, how about the ability for players to ship requested goods to one another upon request if we should need them, and they could arrive in real time. In other words, we could send out the request today, and the goods would arrive tomorrow morning. Hope that makes sense. Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing your response.

2018-02-13 14:10:06

How about a sports management sim game like football manager

Online poker or monopoly games

2018-02-13 19:53:49

I like the ideas. a few more ideas for you, the ability to link multiple cities that you've created, and share resources, and the like between, this could also be interesting in online mode. In online, if driving gets put in, one way you could do things is to have all the cities on a big map, where you can just drive around, and look at other places, as well as walk into certain buildings, to negotiate stuff like trade between cities, and the like. Also, I think it would be cook to be able to see the  people navigating around in the city, and have random things happen in real time. For instance, a car accident would happen, you could see it get resolved in real time. Also, I think it would be cool to see something where  you could actually buy the stuff you need to make your city run, like better construction equipment, that could make building faster, faster buses, and the like, that would make people faster, you know what I mean.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-02-13 20:17:41

lol do you know just how resource intensive that would be if you saw every single person going about their dayli lives in the simulation? There's a reason games like GTA only make stuff happen in the section of the map you're currently in and just leave everything you can't see completely empty.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-13 20:40:59

that's what I was saying. Do something like that, but as you move around, things would happen. I think you misunderstood what I was getting at.

2018-02-14 00:28:09 (edited by LordLundin 2018-02-14 00:28:54)

Omg I ... I love your idea for the city sim, Nick.
I think there also needs to be a happyness factor based on ... well a lot of variables, as well as crime rate for different types of crimes. But these could be tied to districts of residential areas. For example, the suburban outskirts isn't going to have nearly as much crime as a densly populated industrial apartment buildings housing poor and uneducated people.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-02-14 00:44:56

Hi!
I have also one idea to create some game, but maybe It is inpossible.
Some files are put on one directory and those files (as music) can be played to customers to make him silent. After those listening, You'll get pay your money for your music playing.
I know, It is very hard to create and impossible. But, for some easy thing, some cat, or dog simulator is also very good.
My specifical ideas of those two last ideas are, that some animals are good for depression. Some people for example have some games to use It for angry, example fist of furry, or palace punch up. But what, if somebody have for example some bad things? Those simulators will be maybe great for those people.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-02-15 01:33:20

Hi.
I had some ideas of my own, but I love the idea of a city game!
A fun thing to add to city boss would be, when crimes happen, especially serious ones like murders, you get a report, and when they are solved, you get to read a little story about how the crime was solved.
Also this is not about the game, but could you add NVDA support? Because I have windows 7 and all it has for sapi is microsoft Anna, and that makes everything sound pretty boring.
Thanks

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-02-15 01:58:09

Hi Nick and all, I love the city boss sim also!
If you're going to have a police force, perhaps we can go so far as to set a military in place, and have a system of permotions based on the tipicle paradigms. Maybe even down the road our military might have to defend our land from a band of highwaymen, or if the happiness factor gets so low, their might be an uprising from the local citizenry.
Or, if you didn't want to go quite that far with a military, perhaps a higher authority such as a court system and a district attorney might be set to deal with the local crime. If the crime  rating or whatever you allow for, if crime or the criminal element gets so high a mob boss will begin draining funds from the coffers until its stopped. but maybe that's for a later update. lol I'm getting beyond the scope of a city sim maybe, but its sounds like good fun!
big_smile