2018-02-04 01:12:10

Hello!
This idea just came to me when I was reading the HSP beginner's guide.
Let's try to learn this language to gether!
]It's really good for beginners, the only hard thing is the refference, because it is in japanese. I have already mastered some of the basics, so if there will be any interest, I can post what I have learnt.
Ah, and here's theHSP web page
www.hsp.tv

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-02-04 10:07:52

what does this language do particularly?
is this a programming or a scripting language?

Paul

2018-02-04 22:06:22

It's a scripting language like BGT. You can compile the files to executables on Windows, Linux, Android and iOS.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-02-04 22:09:02

but where should I click when entering in that page? I see only japanese links I guess.

Paul

2018-02-04 22:18:52

Yeah, the whole IDE is also in japanaese. But you type code in english.

2018-02-04 23:08:54

but how can you learn the language if it's in japanese lmao

Paul

2018-02-04 23:28:18

You can use the translation

2018-02-07 18:55:43

hi. I have cevral questions about hsp. The questions may seem silly, but i have to know the answers before taking any farther actions.
1: what advantages/disadvantages does this script language have?
2: does this thing support dll?
3: does this thing support physics system?
4: does this thing support jason handling and stuff?
thanks in advance.

2018-02-08 01:07:44

Yes, it supports .dll files.
Advantages are: decent network support, better than BGT's one, simple syntax, cross platworm.
The only disadvantage I found so far is the lack of unicode.

2018-02-08 01:57:45

These answers are from my 10 years of experience and heavily viased, but here goes.
1: what advantages/disadvantages does this script language have?
Advantages:
Simple syntax
Extremely simple to handle window controls E.G. edit control, list box and other *supported* parts
Has powerful libraries (3D physics, 3D graphic, networking, database, mathematical, regular expression, and even the compiler engine itself)
Is able to syncronize with C/C++ dlls and COM controls

Disadvantages:
Does not support Windows's native character code (UTF-16, also known as wide chars)
does not support dynamic arrays (precisely it does, but ridiculously slow).
Does not support dictionary
Does not support callback function
Does not support object-oriented theory
Does not support float (Only double is available in script)
All variables are global
Has a namespacing feature, but it's buggy
Extremely hard to implement non-supported window widgets such as radiobuttons or tab sheets
String processing is very slow
It's cross platform, but there are some limitations meaning that it cannot perform everything that it can on Windows
Reference and all associated resources are in Japanese (Not a problem for me because I'm a native speaker though).

2: does this thing support dll?
Absolutely it does, but callback functions cannot be used.

3: does this thing support physics system?
Yes.

4: does this thing support jason handling and stuff?
Yes, but the API is somewhat complicated.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-02-08 04:09:48

I must be abnormal ... lol. It seems like I like working with languages.
although they have interesting advantages relation to others ...
but putting everything together can do a lot of cool things!
I admit I was interested in experimenting, but how to use it probably the whole ide is in Japanese language?
Do you need it to program?
and how do you read the compiler error messages?
I would like to know more details, please.

2018-02-08 23:54:13

@Nuno: You show this language to me and i think it's good. I with Nuno rewrited one of my applications to this language. It's easy and good to me. I dont like left right and other brackeds, and other programming special keywords. It's hard to remember. HSP is easy and easy to remember. I waiting to new wersion with UTF8 support.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-02-08 23:57:08 (edited by dash 2018-02-08 23:57:38)

And i have question. How i can compile application to apk for android and what i must do to correctly working? I must changing code or no?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-02-09 05:13:24

I know Boy learned Text Game Maker, but Nuno, is there a translation for this? Sure you can use Google Translate for the reference probably, but what about the Gui? This thing's been around for 20+ years, surely someone made an English translation of the IDE.

2018-02-09 15:38:27

Honestly? I don't know nothing about the translation. I am using the google translate and it is working okay for me.

2018-02-09 15:52:28

Ah, and reffering to what Nyanchan said, I found a library that makes creating stuff like trees and tabs easier.

2018-02-09 22:10:08

are you using JGT to translate the GUI? How are you managing that?

2018-02-09 22:40:44

no, I do use QTranslate.

2018-02-09 23:48:15

Hmm. So with the installer for example, you copy all the text to the clipboard and translate it with command comma?
I forget how to translate things like this using QT. I want to explore HSP.

2018-02-09 23:49:40

Yeah, I do exactly that, but you need to change the option for non-unicode programs to be displayed in Japanese.

2018-02-10 00:13:31

I'd probably find this language tremendously difficult to use, owing to the fact that all of it, excluding the syntax, is in Japanese, and I don't speak Japanese at all. I'm not multilingual whatsoever. Sorry, I'll stick to PureBASIC, Python, C++, Go, Java, etc... languages that don't require me to use translation tools that has questionable translations at best. And yes, they're 'questionable' because Google focuses on quantity over quality. Some of the languages aren't maintained properly on there, and, really, the only way it works is by scanning the words you write and finding a word in the other languages dictionary list; the meaning of that word may or may not mean what you wrote at all. And that's why computer translation is so unreliable.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-02-10 00:51:59

@Nuno: How do I do that? I'm getting a volume error when I attempt to install it to it's default folder on the C drive.

2018-02-10 09:12:24

Did you set the region to Japanese?

2018-02-11 06:40:23

What have you coded so far, Nuno? Curious.

2018-02-11 09:30:04

Some simple apps for 3D geometry for example.